What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Russia is not an enemy country, but they arent a strategic ally. They supply the hindustanys.

actually if you look at history, the Russians were never really averse to supplying Pakistan with arms; we just never accepted the proposals or gave them much lift. Playing a balancing act between China and U.S. is one thing. Playing a balancing act between U.S. and Russia is a bit more challenging --especially as far as defence cooperation or other strategic issues are concerned.

we arent the kyrgyzstanis or the french! :D

just browsing through the vedios and found an old intresting one. posting here for your review:
the concept is
"Road Runways"

note that it shows the PAF planes using the lahore-Islamabad motorway as runway.
if you have been through this patch of motorway, one can clearly see the treess a bit more off-road then ususal and removable sepraters instead of rigid ones

here it is:

the events are from High Mark 2010 exercise.

regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
if we pay russia money they will provide us with aircaft as they they provided us with rd-93 for jf-17..... very simple

Hi,

Sorry---you are mistaken---the russians won't. That is a very bad way of asking the russians or anyone else---.

You will have to change your game plan and policies---talk to the russians as the russians want to be talked to---I guess you won't understand what I am saying---also the indians would need tro default on their weapons purchase to force the russians.

Russia is not an enemy country, but they arent a strategic ally. They supply the hindustanys.

actually if you look at history, the Russians were never really averse to supplying Pakistan with arms; we just never accepted the proposals or gave them much lift. Playing a balancing act between China and U.S. is one thing. Playing a balancing act between U.S. and Russia is a bit more challenging --especially as far as defence cooperation or other strategic issues are concerned.

we arent the kyrgyzstanis or the french! :D

You need more 'soft power' (like bilateral trade, purchasing power, potential to grow etc.) etc in order to balance with US and Russia, not only the strategic location advantage.

Still Pak Army using Soviet weapons like tanks, got from Ukraine.

Viper Driver

Name Wg.Cmd. Fauad Masud Hatmi
Country -Pakistan. :pakistan:
Unit 9th squadron "Griffins"
Flying F-16s
Viper Hours 2003

F-16 Flying Hours
2,000 Hours #432 on the 2K list
Date 9 August 2010

1,000 Hours #2115 on the 1K list
Unit 11th squadron "Arrows"
Date 13 August 2005

Hi,

Sorry---you are mistaken---the russians won't. That is a very bad way of asking the russians or anyone else---.

You will have to change your game plan and policies---talk to the russians as the russians want to be talked to---I guess you won't understand what I am saying---also the indians would need tro default on their weapons purchase to force the russians.

i think these days money is every thing , when india is buying weapons fron every than why can,t we.....
and i think russians are quite cheaper than americans ....
also we sloud work for multilateral relations now ...

Viper Driver

Name Wg.Cmd. Fauad Masud Hatmi
Country -Pakistan. :pakistan:
Flying F-16s
Viper Hours 2003

F-16 Flying Hours
2,000 Hours #432 on the 2K list
Date 9 August 2010

1,000 Hours #2115 on the 1K list
Unit 11th squadron "Arrows"
Date 13 August 2005

Just to add, these flying hours are only on Vipers, it is noteworthy that in Pakistan, it takes 500~1500 hours on F7/Mirage3-5 just to qualify for a Viper posting.

Regards,
Sapper

i think these days money is every thing , when india is buying weapons fron every than why can,t we.....
and i think russians are quite cheaper than americans ....
also we sloud work for multilateral relations now ...

Hi,

Mr Niazi---it is good to learn how to deal with people of other nationalities. Money will only take you so far. After that it is all about personal relationships, local interests, similiar ideology.

You get more bees with honey than salt. As for the russians---be greatful that we are getting ther rd93's---Musharraf went to see them a few years ago with a bag full of money---he had you ideas as well---guess what---he came back empty handed.

The russians are not going to sell the indians over the paks---because the bottomline is that the americans won't let go of pakistan.

Pakistan is american and chinese vassal state---. Would yopu be able to name one country that just sells weapons for money only.

France..!!

I think among the arms selling nations, France is more commercial than political..!!

France..!!

I think among the arms selling nations, France is more commercial than political..!!

They were still pressured into discontinuing the Exocet sales by the English. Not your most reliable arms dealer.

Back
Top Bottom