What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

One of the only pictures we have of our Vipers firing something.
Here's a Viper popping off a sidewinder
20210309_115207.jpg

Attachments

• 20210309_115207.jpg
    20210309_115207.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 41
"Sound of Freedom & Guardian of the sky over Capital City Islamabad"

Preparations to mark Pakistan Day Parade are in full swing.

To commemorate Pakistan Day the 'Armed Forces Pakistan Day Parade' will be held in Islamabad on the 23rd of March with a full dress rehearsal planned for the 21st of March.

P.C :- Ahsan Riaz

1615318696863.png

725 was PAF fault leading to Turbine failure, not a mfg defect - I know the pilot intimately.
723 might be turbine failure.
Learned today he passed away due to COVID. May his soul rest in peace. My dad was supposed to fly 725 that day, but the aircraft was taken by Nadeem Anjum (Late).

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

May Allah SWT have mercy on the soul of Wing Commander Noman Akram

Can anyone confirm the reason for the crash, was it the electrical lines?

and was it a Block C/D 52+ that went down?

Learned today he passed away due to COVID. May his soul rest in peace. My dad was supposed to fly 725 that day, but the aircraft was taken by Nadeem Anjum (Late).
Yes - he was battling it for a month, wonderful man. Son’s a viper pilot too, he gets to carry the name on.

Related but off topic - what do you feel is the percentage of offspring recruits in PAF? I was reading that the trend is also within the USAF of families continuing the profession.

Yes - he was battling it for a month, wonderful man. Son’s a viper pilot too, he gets to carry the name on.

Related but off topic - what do you feel is the percentage of offspring recruits in PAF? I was reading that the trend is also within the USAF of families continuing the profession.
Offspring recruitment in PAF is not very common. Often the officers wish their following generation don't join and pursue other fields. USAF is different. They are a people's air force, not an air force's air force.

Offspring recruitment in PAF is not very common. Often the officers wish their following generation don't join and pursue other fields. USAF is different. They are a people's air force, not an air force's air force.

could you please differentiate / define between people's and airforce's airforce point? for my own clarity

Busting the myth created within Pakistan about it's F-16 pilots...LOL

Confessions of a Navy F-14 fleet pilot turned F-5 Aggressor

90's was a lost decade for Pakistan airforce as a whole, the F.16's remained grounded for sometime because of lack of spares and on top of that the lack of BVR capability pushed the airforce on the back foot.

They were deprived the Mirage 2000-5 because of politics and lack of money so I'm not surprised that this happened but just wondering why you brought this all up now as the same F.16's gave your airforce a proper beating a couple of years ago.

Looks like the butthurt is still there.

Someone needed to dig into some interview from 90s when PAF was really lacking the equipment beside the newly induction of Falcons but not so surprisingly, Indian troll has to forget what happened on 27th Feb, 2019... not too long ago but speaks volume of hurt & pain in there.

Someone needed to dig into some interview from 90s when PAF was really lacking the equipment beside the newly induction of Falcons but not so surprisingly, Indian troll has to forget what happened on 27th Feb, 2019... not too long ago but speaks volume of hurt & pain in there.

Yup, it's like MLU/Block 52 upgrade and 6-7 AE/RF exercises since then never happened. Ultimately their SU-30s and MIG-21s found out what our weapons employment on the F-16 was like.....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom