What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The thread by Windy on the ADF got deleted while I was mid-post but the reason it was a picture of the MLU bird and not an ADF version is also due to the antenna in the base of the tail which shows a bulge, which was clearly missing from the jet in the hanger but is prominent in the ADF F-16s.

View attachment 720076
Actually i deleted that thread my self as the subject couldn't be confirmed....although that picture was a little blurry, however another prominent feature in the ADF version the antenna bars under the chin.

Anatolian Eagle 2016 - No. 11 Squadron (Arrows)

Though the exercise is 5 Years old, but someone uploaded it last year. You'd think these Media guys would have a tripod. Footage is constantly shaking. Anyways...

Bvr capable paf 19 sqn, question, It’s was disclosed in paf day program visit to 19 sqn Mahaaz program ;)

air defense variant was basically block 15 with bvr enhancement which killed f-20 tigershak

Or maybe we will have all those weapons integrated and in the arsenal as well. No one knows what the future holds.
expect india to show serious resentment and few congress committee hearing on it as well..
USA wouldnt provide weapons to taiwan in fear of china, and we are talkign about india, the next golden goose

We've been debating 'bout the Falcons for..., well, forever now.

We all need to keep in mind that every ACM who comes in - comes with a F-16 background and you can be certain that he'll want more F-16's - its just the situation (at that point in time) that prevents them for going for them.

I agree that (now), an F-16 without AESA, Aim9X and Aim-120D - are pretty much worthless especially if we're seeking brand-spanking new ones. 'Cause an B-72 without those add-ons is just another Iraqi/Egyptian F-16.

Wish there was a way to make the JF-17 bigger, just like General Dynamics/Mitsubishi did with the F-2.

Fact of the matter is unless we acquire a 5th Generation jet like..., say, the J-35 - you can be sure the F-16 will always ben in conversation

We all need to keep in mind that every ACM who comes in - comes with a F-16 background and you can be certain that he'll want more F-16's - its just the situation (at that point in time) that prevents them for going for them.

I agree that (now), an F-16 without AESA, Aim9X and Aim-120D - are pretty much worthless especially if we're seeking brand-spanking new ones. 'Cause an B-72 without those add-ons is just another Iraqi/Egyptian F-16.

Wish there was a way to make the JF-17 bigger, just like General Dynamics/Mitsubishi did with the F-2.

Fact of the matter is unless we acquire a 5th Generation jet like..., say, the J-35 - you can be sure the F-16 will always ben in conversation
Except those Egyptians had BVR long before PAF ever did.......had PAF had AIM-7s, there would have easily been 30+ kills. This was quoted by my old man, who flew Vipers during the Soviet Afghan war.

Except those Egyptians had BVR long before PAF ever did.......had PAF had AIM-7s, there would have easily been 30+ kills. This was quoted by my old man, who flew Vipers during the Soviet Afghan war.

Then he would of known about the rule of the target having to land on Pak territory right?

EuFfRQyXEAADcXG.jpg

If we can make the JF-17 lighter (redesigning how its manufactured; 3D printing single metal pieces rather then welding many smaller pieces) and once the WS-19 matured into a 100-120kn engine that allows the JF-17 to be redesigned to allow supercruising, should help improve TWR and Range for minimal cost.

Also we should look at other minor modifications or additions we can put on the JF-17 to make it more capable with the right tactics. Adding a GCAS; Ground collision avoidance system, should allow the JF-17 to fly map of the earth profiles for long range air tot ground strikes. Towed decoys and expendable DRFM decoys, as well as hard kill self protection missiles (as proposed by MBDA, called “HK-DAS”) can be ways to make out small jet competitive against even the most modern of threats like the meteor and long range jammers.

we can also improve the weapons the JF-17 carries to minimize the burden on the fighter and put more on the weapon.

i disagree on your logic that a person coming from F-16 background will want F-16, the person who was heading the project when it was launched was none other than AVM Shahid Latif and we all know that he was one of the first people from PAF to fly the F-16's to Pakistan, he had to sacrifice his chance to become COAS just because he didn't wanted to put aside the Thunder program instead of going for procurements from abroad.

Iss hamam mai sab nangay nahin hain (Shukar Allah ka) :)

...he had to sacrifice his chance to become COAS just because he didn't wanted to put aside the Thunder program instead of going for procurements from abroad.
You mean ACM.

Yeah, he took a bullet - for the Nation.

But even he knew it was a no brainer. Besides, since he was never in the role of a ACM its truly hard to say what his views would have been had he of been in that position.

You also have to ask the obvious, how many Viper Pilots (in line for ACM) were ever given the task of heading the JF-17 program?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom