What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The current article is a recycle of the previous deal in which we got the Block-52s. I have no doubt Pakistan will eventually opt for AESA upgrades for its F-16 fleet but it will either be once the Turks come out with their own upgrade package or when rest of the world will be moving onto a possible F-16 Block-80+. If direct from OEM then will depend on when US will release withheld funds since Pakistan will not be in any mood to pay full inflated price out of it's pocket. US cares about its business entities and if LM runs out of F-16 orders then allowing Pakistan soft terms could be an option. Just as PAF is still using vintage Mirages the F-16s are all set to be in the inventory for a very very long time as well.
But WHEN! is the big question.

Quick question if we want to integrate something like an aesa radar into our f-16s from Turkey do we need permission from US?

Quick question if we want to integrate something like an aesa radar into our f-16s from Turkey do we need permission from US?
Forget AESA...

We would need to get permission to install Air Freshners too.

car-air-freshener-auto-diffuser-aromatherapy.jpg

Yes.

The current article is a recycle of the previous deal in which we got the Block-52s. I have no doubt Pakistan will eventually opt for AESA upgrades for its F-16 fleet but it will either be once the Turks come out with their own upgrade package or when rest of the world will be moving onto a possible F-16 Block-80+. If direct from OEM then will depend on when US will release withheld funds since Pakistan will not be in any mood to pay full inflated price out of it's pocket. US cares about its business entities and if LM runs out of F-16 orders then allowing Pakistan soft terms could be an option. Just as PAF is still using vintage Mirages the F-16s are all set to be in the inventory for a very very long time as well.
But WHEN! is the big question.
I think it is only going to be possible if US opens our FMF again. Currently there seems no mood within the deep state to do so. Therefore the likelihood of new 16s is remote. For PAF JFT has now achieved a level of maturity and the prospect of ability to incorporate weapons from all over means its value exceeds 16s. So if FMF opens up PAF will go for more 16s.
The likelihood of PAF picking up 16s from open sources also will depend on US willingness. So while Jordan could not sell their fleet to PAF, there maybe other countries where you may succeed. However to me the prospect of getting older variants are higher than getting newer ones. The cash outlays might also favour the latter .
I do not see PAF compromising its upgrade programmes by getting more newer and expensive 16s when the cash is so scarce.
A

Yes.

I think it is only going to be possible if US opens our FMF again. Currently there seems no mood within the deep state to do so. Therefore the likelihood of new 16s is remote. For PAF JFT has now achieved a level of maturity and the prospect of ability to incorporate weapons from all over means its value exceeds 16s. So if FMF opens up PAF will go for more 16s.
The likelihood of PAF picking up 16s from open sources also will depend on US willingness. So while Jordan could not sell their fleet to PAF, there maybe other countries where you may succeed. However to me the prospect of getting older variants are higher than getting newer ones. The cash outlays might also favour the latter .
I do not see PAF compromising its upgrade programmes by getting more newer and expensive 16s when the cash is so scarce.
A
The ONLY reason PAF should go for more F-16s is pretty much the AMRAAM, its a combat tested and proven missile unlike most on the market.

Yes.

A
Why does Jordan sell its F-16?

The ONLY reason PAF should go for more F-16s is pretty much the AMRAAM, its a combat tested and proven missile unlike most on the market.
You forgot to mention the AIM-9 Sidewinder by Raytheon.

eh, IR missiles arent as hard to perfect as BVRAAM's, Denel's A-Darter is probably far superior to our current AIM-9L/M
Perhaps, but the A-Darter can't be fitted on the F-16.

Besides, the Aim-9 has new variant and its classes.
Aim-9X
Aim-9X (Block II)
Aim-9X (Block III)

Perhaps, but the A-Darter can't be fitted on the F-16.

Besides, the Aim-9 has new variant and its classes.
Aim-9X
Aim-9X (Block II)
Aim-9X (Block III)

Yes but for IR WVRAAMs we shouldnt need to rely on the F-16 as we can find alternatives unlike a proven AIM120 alternative. Yes there are new AIM-9's however we do not have access to them.

Yes but for IR WVRAAMs we shouldnt need to rely on the F-16 as we can find alternatives unlike a proven AIM120 alternative. Yes there are new AIM-9's however we do not have access to them.
Well we don't have access to F-16 either. So that itself is a conversation ender.

If we get access to new F-16's, it opens doors to other goodies - including the Sidewinders (too).

Why does Jordan sell its F-16?
I suspect Jordan is a conduit through which the US bypasses Congress and sells second hand fighters. If you remember previously AH1Fs were also routed through Jordan. Whatever they sell they are replenished from US/EU stock by the US.
A

While I agree that Amraams are cerygood and combat proven the SD series is upto the mark with figures in the ball park. The L15?? will fulfill our needs and its range is going to be more than the AMRAAMs which we have. So PAF is going to bypass the need for AMRAAMs which removes a hige bargaining tool from the US hands. LD10 and A Darter once inducted will supplement the use of the 9X which the US has steadfastly refused to sellto Paklands
A

Back
Top Bottom