What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

^^^
Jordan has no airplanes to sell, my good man!
They've added to their 30 new buys lately ( +-10y )
by getting used Nederlandse & Belgian aircrafts.

All are A/B, less than 80 total with some older
ones getting MLU and cell life extension by TAI.
They lost one earlier this year over Yemen too so ...
Comparing with what Pakistan required from the
US the last time makes it seem weird.

I know of the supposed sale but Jordan cannot
replace any sold unit with a new build, too costly!
I believe older frames for PAF or for parts will have
to come from elsewhere.

Have a great day, Tay.

^^^
Jordan has no airplanes to sell, my good man!
They've added to their 30 new buys lately ( +-10y )
by getting used Nederlandse & Belgian aircrafts.

All are A/B, less than 80 total with some older
ones getting MLU and cell life extension by TAI.
They lost one earlier this year over Yemen too so ...
Comparing with what Pakistan required from the
US the last time makes it seem weird.

I know of the supposed sale but Jordan cannot
replace any sold unit with a new build, too costly!
I believe older frames for PAF or for parts will have
to come from elsewhere.

Have a great day, Tay.
They have 16 ac to sell but have raised their asking price. that's why there is a stalemate.

^^^
Quwa has the right handle on that one, IMHoO!
Yes, fatman mate, the high price is to allow replacement
with new/er aircrafts. It came up after the US Congress
balked at what looked like a three-way exchange, a little
like the previous buy of 2014, last year.

The only way for Amman to free F-16s for PAF would be
if they bought additional ones or if they bought the F-35.

Here's an eye on the market :
http://www.defenseone.com/business/2017/06/european-allies-want-used-f-16-fighter-jet/138812/

Romania is getting used F-16s easily because it's NATO
but also because offloading used F-16s clears a financial
path for vendors to upgrade to the more expensive F-35.

But hey, less F-16s = more Thunders and maybe another
plane sooner than later.

:enjoy: Tay.

Last edited:
Might not be Jordan. These F-16s require U.S. approval for transfer. Washington could be the problem.

What if Pakistan receives the F-16s from Turkey? As you know, many pilots were laid off after last year's coup and many squadrons have lost pilots creating a pilot shortage situation. Due to Pakistan's excellent relationship with Turkey and due to deep customization of Turkish F-16 with standoff weapons like SOM, shouldn't this route be a top priority for PAF? Turkey has more than 240+ F-16s and I am pretty sure they won't mind selling 30 F-16s or so to Pakistan. As a NATO ally, the Turks can lobby on Pakistan's behalf to get the F-16s released.

no need more used f-16 we need only parts sources
Getting a few more would not hurt. How many JF-17 can we manage to induct in next 2 years? There is a problem and it needs to be addressed. Quickest solution is purchase of a dozen or so F-16 aircrafts.

Getting a few more would not hurt. How many JF-17 can we manage to induct in next 2 years? There is a problem and it needs to be addressed. Quickest solution is purchase of a dozen or so F-16 aircrafts.
30 brand new thunders in next two years will be great number sir . we need to move ahead from f-16s now

What if Pakistan receives the F-16s from Turkey? As you know, many pilots were laid off after last year's coup and many squadrons have lost pilots creating a pilot shortage situation. Due to Pakistan's excellent relationship with Turkey and due to deep customization of Turkish F-16 with standoff weapons like SOM, shouldn't this route be a top priority for PAF? Turkey has more than 240+ F-16s and I am pretty sure they won't mind selling 30 F-16s or so to Pakistan. As a NATO ally, the Turks can lobby on Pakistan's behalf to get the F-16s released.
Turkey , GCC...... lobbying depends upon the source country, at this moment defence is way way doen the list of things for the federal govt

Example: mushi wanted defense equipment just look at his lobbying and its results.

Zardari wanted lobbying for aid(corruption) and got the kerry loger bill.
Nawaz intersted in aid for GCC look at his lobbying

Possibly but my impression of the U.S. is that if there's a decision, it sticks. When it suits American interests, they'll ignore Pakistan's faults and arm it (e.g. 1980s and 2001-2009). However, when they decide to impose limitations, they stick unless interests dictate otherwise. That said, there may be a technical issue with Turkish F-16s too in that they're powered by GE turbofans (Block-30/40/50), while the PAF uses PW (Block-52). The PAF would need Block-25/32/42/52 airframes, which are relatively uncommon. Most surplus airframes are in the AMARC.

Pakistan - Air Force
General Dynamics F-16A/ADF Fighting Falcon (401)
Reg.: 14-732
Location & Date
Karachi

Pakistan - August 14, 2017
Caption
Performing on the occasion of 70th Independence Day of Pakistan.

4520741.jpg

next couple of years will be interesting especially since Dutch, Belgium, Denmark will be retiring their F-16A/MLUs and we do know that F16 can go through SLEP

Back
Top Bottom