What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Solo Display aircraft
23rd March 2015, painted in red under the RWR, with W/C Azman Khalil at the controls. Check out the JHMCS.

11885298_930495647007508_8481216364988430507_n.jpg

Solo Display aircraft
23rd March 2015, painted in red under the RWR, with W/C Azman Khalil at the controls. Check out the JHMCS.

11885298_930495647007508_8481216364988430507_n.jpg

I fail the see the advantage of having JHMCS when we don't actually have the off bore sight sidewinders. Even with the block 52, PAF opted for older versions, doesn't make any sense.

I fail the see the advantage of having JHMCS when we don't actually have the off bore sight sidewinders. Even with the block 52, PAF opted for older versions, doesn't make any sense.
Wait for the A Darters.

And the advanced AIM9X, which should be ordered in the next 2-3 years.

Why wait for next 2-3 year for Aim-9x in that time x2 version will be available which can also engage ground targets like tanks.

Why wait for next 2-3 year for Aim-9x in that time x2 version will be available which can also engage ground targets like tanks.

If you guys can pay cash tomorrow, I'd say go ahead and order. I believe the PAF is devising a long term strategy and once they are done + economy shows up more promising results in the next couple of years, they'll place some big orders. So you have to wait till things get better from a financial standpoint....

If you guys can pay cash tomorrow, I'd say go ahead and order. I believe the PAF is devising a long term strategy and once they are done + economy shows up more promising results in the next couple of years, they'll place some big orders. So you have to wait till things get better from a financial standpoint....

They ordered 500 Amraam rounds, a couple hundred of -9x wouldn't be such a big deal.
There must another reason why it wasn't ordered, maybe at that time it wasn't ready.

What makes you think request for the 9x hasn't been made in the recently concluded Defence Consultative Group Meeting with the US.

They ordered 500 Amraam rounds, a couple hundred of -9x wouldn't be such a big deal.
There must another reason why it wasn't ordered, maybe at that time it wasn't ready.

Those weren't being offered to anyone outside of probably Israel at the time and I would assume its because they were first fulfilling a certain amount of quantity / numbers for the US military....

What makes you think request for the 9x hasn't been made in the recently concluded Defence Consultative Group Meeting with the US.

I never said the request hasn't been made. I know that once even -35 came up too in discussions. Requesting and getting something are two different things. The advanced version was being tested on -35 and would obviously require certain design changes to meet the future DAS based operation or higher off bore site. So they might've decided to complete testing, then create a certain number for the US military and then open for exports? which would mean they wouldn't be offered for export till like a specific year say 2017-2018?

Military planners are focusing on weapons and missiles etc that are dual use. WOT and otherwise. AGMs JDAMs Pods Helos are easier to procure with less questions raised.

Back
Top Bottom