What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Military planners are focusing on weapons and missiles etc that are dual use. WOT and otherwise. AGMs JDAMs Pods Helos are easier to procure with less questions raised.

Of course. That's why I said 2018 from a Pakistani perspective. Till then, Pakistan should have significant cash in her savings account and good synergy with US businesses on opportunity inside Pakistan. At that time, when you are paying cash and have established good business relationships with the US, it won't be a no.

But I noticed it. Its smart to get dual purpose items so there are less questions and eyebrows raised.

Military planners are focusing on weapons and missiles etc that are dual use. WOT and otherwise. AGMs JDAMs Pods Helos are easier to procure with less questions raised.
AIM-9X isnt the only option, the PAF could also use the Diehl BGT IRIS-T, it was certified for use on the F-16 with JHMCS. I think they just don't have the funds to prioritize HOBS WVRAAM at this time (when they've been inducting JF-17, Block-52, used F-16s, AEW&C, Spada, etc).

Even if the money were around, there'd be a limit in terms of how many different projects one can handle. A fifth-gen WVRAAM is a game changer and it might warrant additional training and time to smoothly bake into use.

I think we'll start hearing and seeing more about HOBS WVRAAM in the next couple of years, especially once the Block-III nears finalization. I imagine we'll be ordering a large stockpile of WVRAAMs, but it'll be interesting to see if PAF single sources it between JF-17 and F-16.

11866448_10153262554417663_7073823077466876198_n.jpg

AIM-9X isnt the only option, the PAF could also use the Diehl BGT IRIS-T, it was certified for use on the F-16 with JHMCS. I think they just don't have the funds to prioritize HOBS WVRAAM at this time (when they've been inducting JF-17, Block-52, used F-16s, AEW&C, Spada, etc).

Even if the money were around, there'd be a limit in terms of how many different projects one can handle. A fifth-gen WVRAAM is a game changer and it might warrant additional training and time to smoothly bake into use.

I think we'll start hearing and seeing more about HOBS WVRAAM in the next couple of years, especially once the Block-III nears finalization. I imagine we'll be ordering a large stockpile of WVRAAMs, but it'll be interesting to see if PAF single sources it between JF-17 and F-16.

I agree with your post. There are multiple things going on. Many projects getting done and systems being inducted, Financial issues, and integration of platform, new training and all. Plus the US hasn't sold anyone a serious quantity of these new platforms. All these things will start to come together in the next few years.

I think it would make a lot of sense to standardize platforms for these weapons and procure one type for both, the JFT and for the -16. Advanced AIM can be used across and help standardized weapons, training, purchasing and all other processes. Resulting in much lower TCO.

So how effective is the AIM-9 M with JHMCS?

I don't think there'd be much of an improvement compared to using AIM-9M without JHMCS. To make the most out of JHMCS the PAF needs a 4th or 5th gen High Off-Bore Sight (HOBS) WVRAAM. As far as the F-16 is concerned, the AIM-9X and IRIS-T are potential options. JF-17 on the other hand, the A-Darter is slotted as the leading option, though PAF could theoretically work on getting both JF-17 and F-16 to use IRIS-T.
I agree with your post. There are multiple things going on. Many projects getting done and systems being inducted, Financial issues, and integration of platform, new training and all. Plus the US hasn't sold anyone a serious quantity of these new platforms. All these things will start to come together in the next few years.

I think it would make a lot of sense to standardize platforms for these weapons and procure one type for both, the JFT and for the -16. Advanced AIM can be used across and help standardized weapons, training, purchasing and all other processes. Resulting in much lower TCO.
Yep, but I don't think U.S would want AIM-9X touching JF-17. IRIS-T is likelier, or maybe even A-Darter.

VERY effective. It's a hell lot more HOBS capability to the existing Viper. I would imagine that smaller DAS like platforms might become available in the future for any new blocks of the -16. Providing current tech standards in a combat proven system like the Viper, without Stealth though.

The US has sold Pakistan every model of the sidewinder series and I see no reason why the 9x won't be released

The US has sold Pakistan every model of the sidewinder series and I see no reason why the 9x won't be released

About time it gets released.....what are they/us waiting for?

Wouldn't cost no more than 400-500 million USD to finance fleet wide.

About time it gets released.....what are they/us waiting for?

Wouldn't cost no more than 400-500 million USD to finance fleet wide.

We don't need them in huge numbers, just enough to complement the existing variants.
300+ rounds for around $150 million isn't a bad deal considering the unprecedented capability it brings

We don't need them in huge numbers, just enough to complement the existing variants.
300+ rounds for around $150 million isn't a bad deal considering the unprecedented capability it brings

300 rounds is not enough, the idea is to replace AIM9L/M/P versions, for a fleet of 74 jets, you need at least 4 per aircraft plus another 4 for another sortie....so looking around 400-500 units.

300 rounds is not enough, the idea is to replace AIM9L/M/P versions, for a fleet of 74 jets, you need at least 4 per aircraft plus another 4 for another sortie....so looking around 400-500 units.

I understand what you're saying, but i don't think they will be fully replaced anytime soon. PAF ordered 200 AIM-9M-8/9 Sidewinder with the new f-16s. I highly doubt that they would be replaced, that's why i said we just need enough X to complement the existing missiles.

I understand what you're saying, but i don't think they will be fully replaced anytime soon. PAF ordered 200 AIM-9M-8/9 Sidewinder with the new f-16s. I highly doubt that they would be replaced, that's why i said we just need enough X to complement the existing missiles.

If you have AIM9X, it can superseed the AIM9s anyway, why use both, when AIM9X is clearly better....?

I was surprised that PAF only ordered 200 AIM9s but 500 BVR AMRAAMs.......they might have had the AIM9X on the cards....but don't know what is the deal now.......we should have those by now.....

lead from front
11899947_964931090232400_7733592392269647681_n.jpg

11041065_964931116899064_8828736848788351405_n.jpg

Chief Of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force before take off, he is Participating in air Strikes on Terrorists in ongoing Operation Zarb e Azab near Afghan Border in North Wazirastan, Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom