What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

11312653_791789840918188_6676540633762486011_o.jpg

No. The wing roots are not designed for it. Secondly increased air resistance will require a stronger engine. So in short ---NO.
araz
books

This book says that Isreal modified their fuel plumbing to support CFTs. Dont know if the author is reffering to the F-16s or the F-15s.

Look at the last 2 pictures.. They both are Block 52 D... But the difference is the side body.. Is it removable?

@fatman17 @waz @FaujHistorian @Akheilos @Zarvan

These are conformal fuel tanks and yes, they are removable. If you notice, the -16's block 52's spine was redesigned to support holding the CFT's and their weight, which increases during flight. Characteristic wise, the block 52 and above, is really a new plane altogether but still called -16.

i mean PW or GE ? more specifically F100-PW-200 or F110-GE-100 ? and if you don't know please don't troll.

The customer picks this option usually. In Pakistan's case, Pakistan is a huge United Tech fan (the owner of Pratt and Whitney engines).

This book says that Isreal modified their fuel plumbing to support CFTs. Dont know if the author is reffering to the F-16s or the F-15s.
The F-15Cs always had the internal plumbing to take CFTs. The Israelis just added them on.
The F-15A's structure was also available to take on the minimal changes needed for CFTs.

The F-16 cannot and does not have the structural strength to take on the CFTs... I believe there is a big difference between the wing box of the F-16A/B and the C/D. @gambit ?

The above image is not of a J-10 but of EF Typhoon, seen through the HUD of an F-16.
Ironically i captured and downloaded this video grab.

whose F-16 is it? if i may ask

USAF Aggressor Pilot on F-16

F-16C/D:
The Viper is, in my opinion, what a fighter should be. It is small, nimble, accelerates like a bullet and is a pure joy to fly. Instead of loading it down with bombs, the radar should have been improved to give it Eagle-like capabilities and the jet should have taken more of an air-to-air role. While I said that the F-15 is like a Mercedes, The F-16 is like a Formula One race car. The cockpit is tight and it gives you more of the sensation that you're actually wearing the jet than actually sitting in it. The side-stick controller takes about as much time to get used to as it takes to read this sentence.

I've flown all the C/D versions – Blocks 25, 30, 32, 40, 42, 50, 52. The Pratt-powered Blocks 25, 32 and 42 are good performers, but not great. The GE-powered Blocks 30, 40 and 50, plus the Pratt-powered Block 52 are absolute beasts. The GE-powered fleet is flown by the active-duty F-16 squadrons while Air National Guard and Reserve squadrons operate a mixed bag of GE-powered and Pratt-powered Vipers. I've never flown a jet that will out accelerate the GE-powered F-16. At low altitude, GE Vipers will step out to its airspeed of 810 knots indicated airspeed like nobody's business. The limit is based on the polycarbonate canopy and not the engine. At higher speeds the canopy starts to get warm due to air friction. At some point the canopy will start to deform if the jet gets much faster. At high altitude, I've had the jet out to Mach 2.05. This limit is due to the fixed air inlet and opposed the F-15's variable geometry inlet.

In his book, Sierra Hotel: Flying Air Force Fighters in the Decade After Vietnam, Col C.R. Anderegg, USAF (ret), former F-15 pilot and F-4 Fighter Weapons School graduate, wrote this about the F-16: "The pure joy of the F-16, though, was in the furball (complex dogfight with many aircraft), where the aircraft had the edge over the F-15 and a significant edge over everything else. With the F-16's incredible agility and power, the pilot could get close and stay close. He was less a viper than a python gradually squeezing the fight closer while beating down his victim's energy and resistance until the time came for a mortal blow. Chaff might spoof a radar missile or flares might decoy a heat-seeker, but as one pilot said, 'The gun is stupid. You can't jam it and you can't fool it.' The F-16 was a superb gunfighter, and in the furball it was the top cat."

books

Iam not sure. Perhaps one of the israeli posters might be able to fill you in.
Araz

books

Iam not sure. Perhaps one of the israeli posters might be able to fill you in.
Araz

It's sure F-15 cause zionist F-16I are already equipped with CFTs plus they never wanted CFTs for older ones.

Eagles and CFTs go way back than with Viper. In case you didn't notice F-15 CFTs:

(Without CFT)
f-15c_3_wing_19_fs_eab_3_of_4.jpg

(With CFT, the bulge on the outer side of intake)
F-15ECFTcompare1.jpg

F-15E_CFT.jpg

The customer picks this option usually. In Pakistan's case, Pakistan is a huge United Tech fan (the owner of Pratt and Whitney engines).
Both are from USA. GE one is better one but i think the logistics and maintenance would have been a huge issue.

the radar on blk52 is apg69v9 which has 30% increase in the range mean
max range of apg 69v1 298km
so after adding 30%
v9 it should be around 370km
pls correct me if i am wrong

the radar on blk52 is apg69v9 which has 30% increase in the range mean
max range of apg 69v1 298km
so after adding 30%
v9 it should be around 370km
pls correct me if i am wrong

Welcome Janab,

I think you mean Apg-68v9 and range doesn't always work as a constant number