What's new

Pakistan demands latest military hardware from UK

With MMRCA rejection and other deals going to US/ Russia /France, UK would wan't to point a score against India. I believe this is Pak's golden chance to acquire western tech as USA/ France/ Israel are non starters on this front. But the thing is, unlike our ministry of external affairs, Pakistani diplomats are not really known to play the diplomatic role that effectively. Also, lack of funds could be an issue for Pak purchasing western weapons.

What makes u think we can score something out of this.:lol:

Hum itny aklmand hoty to aj kya sy kya ban chuky hote:rofl:

With MMRCA rejection and other deals going to US/ Russia /France, UK would wan't to point a score against India. I believe this is Pak's golden chance to acquire western tech as USA/ France/ Israel are non starters on this front. But the thing is, unlike our ministry of external affairs, Pakistani diplomats are not really known to play the diplomatic role that effectively. Also, lack of funds could be an issue for Pak purchasing western weapons.

What makes u think we can score something out of this.:lol:

Hum itny aklmand hoty to aj kya sy kya ban chuky hote:rofl:

UK needs money. Look at their condition. Would they want their defence industries to close down ? Its a good idea to make them think.

rather our latest western hope.
BTW u also know deep down that nothing is gonna happen.

Cameroon tried his soft talks on India for Mmrca but nothing worked . He then sided Pakistan recently and will be willing to sell top class UK equipments . What Pakistan should do at this moment is buy some equipments when they are so desperate of selling it . This might also just increase the scope of friendship

good in theory but where will money come for ''latest military hardware''?

Gotta love it - Pakistan "Demands"....Clueless idiots

To be fair, the demand word seems to be more a result of the journalist's fake sense of pride and not Raja's :)

Well conspiracy theory.

Maybe all the MNAs and MPAs almost all of whom own properties and businesses in UK have come together to use their
stolen black money as a threat to UK.

You give us the guns, or we crash your property sector !

Joke !

Well conspiracy theory.

Maybe all the MNAs and MPAs almost all of whom own properties and businesses in UK have come together to use their
stolen black money as a threat to UK.

You give us the guns, or we crash your property sector !

Joke !
if they do that, then kya he baat ha!!!!!

but we all know it never gonna happen.

just what kind of weapons pakistan demanded from US

Looks to me like the rest of the distorted reports on military matters from Pakistani media ... But still , what exactly are the Britishers using in Afghanistan ? That may explain anything , except for Harriers which are crap for us ...

Pakistan seeking to obtain UK’s used military hardware in Afghanistan

The Pakistani government has called on Britain to give it military equipment in Afghanistan, which the country would leave behind after the withdrawal of its troops before the end of 2014.

The issue was discussed during talks between Prime Minister David Cameron and his Pakistani counterpart Raja Perviz Ashraf at a Number 10 meeting on Tuesday, according to media reports.

The reports had it that Ashraf has apparently asked for military hardware such as night goggles, tanks and armoured vehicles to use them in dealing with the Taliban insurgents after the withdrawal of foreign troops from the war-torn country.

Britain has recently announced a deal with Uzbekistan to sell its weapons in exchange for safe passage for thousands of vehicles and containers as British troops prepare to leave Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

Pakistan, however, has questioned the deal and stated that the costs and logistics through this country could be much cheaper than those through Uzbekistan, noting that Britain has chosen a highly expensive route.

This is while that some equipment will be transported back to Britain through Pakistan, which according to reports is not of much significance as far as military issues are concerned.

PressTV - Pakistan seeking to obtain UK?s used military hardware in Afghanistan

Only used stuff from Afghanistan War (I have already posted the pictures in another thread), nothing more coming from UK. Pakistan is not looking for Eurofighter Typhoon @ this time. 1st priority is to replace the flying coffin (older Mirage and F-7s) with Jf-17 block1 and later (2014-2015) with block2. Jf-17 Block 3 should be ready by 2016.

well, in just a matter of few years (and despite wild accusations in your sensationalist media as well as even western media) we still got out Mar-1s, Saabs AWACS, we're still going to be getting Orions (to replace the damaged ones), we still got/are getting the newer block F-solas (which i call "bonus aircrafts"); our diplomats may not be highly saught after but somehow they still seem to get a lot of things done especially on the defence front

in fact if anything, it is your diplomacy that has failed....failed to get us isolated (despite your desperation) and failed to stop or hinder any arms deals :police:

now of course on MMRCA, countries were lining up like crazy b/c it was a lucrative prospect...now that indian have decided who to award contract to you cant really use the MMRCA-card anymore.

tight budgets has always been a reality for the Services but yet despite that, we still procure just what we need; bear essentials to maintain a conventional fighting force...where and when we can be more self reliant (e.g. armor, air weapons, infantry weapons, aircraft parts etc.) we are. This has also helped Pakistan become South Asia's largest arms exporter.

In my view at least right now I don't see any single military hardware made by UK in which Pakistan Military seriously interested. Please name here which kind of military hardware (made by UK) PA or PAF or PN need? Pakistan don't have such money nor have infra of any UK Made military hardware. Secondly because of EFT failed in MMRCA might be UK just want to show some ......... to India maybe that reason Cameron passed such statement but technically/logically position UK need money which Pakistan can't pay. Pakistan economy not in position to buy any kind of military hardware on CASH. Nor Pakistan Army demand any kind of so called "Latest Military Hardware from UK".

The EFT is made by a consortium of European nations- David Cameron has NO aithority to offer this to Pakistan. EFT is not what is being asked for I suspect. Think smaller- radars, MPVs, BPJs, optics etc

Looks to me like the rest of the distorted reports on military matters from Pakistani media ... But still , what exactly are the Britishers using in Afghanistan ? That may explain anything , except for Harriers which are crap for us ...

i am 100% sure Pakistan will not go for some tired old harriers. They are way outside of our requirement and even if offered for free or at discount we wouldn't take them

used military hardware though? it could mean anything and yes - given that they are just a truck-ride away from Pakistan it makes sense to jump on the opportunity if they have anything meaningful to offer

The U.S. as a way of showing gratitude to Pakistan for allowing their out-bound goods via G.L.O.C. will also likely make concessions (speculation) -- though i suspect that most of the American hardware in Afghanistan will be delegated to Afghan troops (at least the non-high tech stuff)

and that is assuming that the Americans dont perceive the ANA as 'hostile' before they withdraw....in Afghanistan, one never knows. Loyalties there change at the snap of a finger.

The EFT is made by a consortium of European nations- David Cameron has NO aithority to offer this to Pakistan. EFT is not what is being asked for I suspect. Think smaller- radars, MPVs, BPJs, optics etc

with major defence cuts in UK, they'd be dumb to let go of their EFTs. They still have plenty of life left in them so why would they want to sell it to PAF?

radars, optics, excess/surplus stuff like ballistic vests or IED detection equipment --- sure. And we'd welcome such things if the deal is good.

it will be interesting to see if anything useful materializes

i am 100% sure Pakistan will not go for some tired old harriers. They are way outside of our requirement and even if offered for free or at discount we wouldn't take them

used military hardware though? it could mean anything and yes - given that they are just a truck-ride away from Pakistan it makes sense to jump on the opportunity if they have anything meaningful to offer

The U.S. as a way of showing gratitude to Pakistan for allowing their out-bound goods via G.L.O.C. will likely make concessions -- though i suspect that most of the American hardware in Afghanistan will be delegated to Afghan troops (at least the non-high tech stuff)

and that is assuming that the Americans dont perceive the ANA as 'hostile' before they withdraw....in Afghanistan, one never knows. Loyalties there change at the snap of a finger.

Quite sure I am too , we will not go for that retired old junk , the time for Harriers is well past , it doesn't fit our operational doctrine and doesn't offer any capability which the JFT's cant equally or increasingly provide ...

Yes , it can mean anything from trucks , night vision googles , APC's , surveillance equipment anything and likely at throw-away prices ... Yes , UK will find it more easy to sell the equipment here instead of carrying it all the way back to the country with high shipping costs and other hurdles ...

The US is likely to make concessions since they need Islamabad even after they abandon Afghanistan ... So expect some favors from them ... It would be a big mistake if the US gives these equipment to ANA who's intentions even today are unclear since that country is ever volatile and the situation ever changing ... Who knows who will be sitting in Kabul tomorrow ?

At least you can question Pakistan Govt over its action but who would you question in Kabul ? What form of Govt is in there ? Is it even a Govt or that country even a country ? Forget loyalties , my friend ... The ANA will itself be divided between different factions after coalition leaves that country ...

radars, optics, excess/surplus stuff like ballistic vests or IED detection equipment --- sure. And we'd welcome such things if the deal is good.it will be interesting to see if anything useful materializes

I have a feeling that some sort of deal with the coalition for provision of surplus or useless equipment ( for them ) would materialize ... They need our assistance - their role in Afghanistan hasn't ended yet and there's no better way to gain Islamabad's loyalty than providing weapons ...

with major defence cuts in UK, they'd be dumb to let go of their EFTs. They still have plenty of life left in them so why would they want to sell it to PAF?

radars, optics, excess/surplus stuff like ballistic vests or IED detection equipment --- sure. And we'd welcome such things if the deal is good.

it will be interesting to see if anything useful materializes

Indeed. Pakistan could quite well from the ISAF draw down- wasn't there news the other day of Pakistan asking for US equipment the US was leaving behind?

The British don't have any Harriers left- they were all sold to the USMC or scrapped some time back. The only Harriers in Afghanistan belong to the USMC and they will be tiny them out. There is no chance of Pakistan getting these birds.

Back
Top Bottom