What's new

Pakistan demands latest military hardware from UK

In my view at least right now I don't see any single military hardware made by UK in which Pakistan Military seriously interested. Please name here which kind of military hardware (made by UK) PA or PAF or PN need? Pakistan don't have such money nor have infra of any UK Made military hardware. Secondly because of EFT failed in MMRCA might be UK just want to show some ......... to India maybe that reason Cameron passed such statement but technically/logically position UK need money which Pakistan can't pay. Pakistan economy not in position to buy any kind of military hardware on CASH. Nor Pakistan Army demand any kind of so called "Latest Military Hardware from UK".

In my view at least right now I don't see any single military hardware made by UK in which Pakistan Military seriously interested. Please name here which kind of military hardware (made by UK) PA or PAF or PN need? Pakistan don't have such money nor have infra of any UK Made military hardware. Secondly because of EFT failed in MMRCA might be UK just want to show some ......... to India maybe that reason Cameron passed such statement but technically/logically position UK need money which Pakistan can't pay. Pakistan economy not in position to buy any kind of military hardware on CASH!

Cameroon tried his soft talks on India for Mmrca but nothing worked . He then sided Pakistan recently and will be willing to sell top class UK equipments . What Pakistan should do at this moment is buy some equipments when they are so desperate of selling it . This might also just increase the scope of friendship

Cameroon tried his soft talks on India for Mmrca but nothing worked . He then sided Pakistan recently and will be willing to sell top class UK equipments . What Pakistan should do at this moment is buy some equipments when they are so desperate of selling it . This might also just increase the scope of friendship

As I said we know that UK failed in MMRCA and these are after effects but the question is WHICH UK state of the art equipment available?

As I said we know that UK failed in MMRCA and these are after effects but the question is WHICH UK state of the art equipment available?

Buy a couple squadrans of typhoon and rule the asian skies !!

Pakistani military is better off stretgically having nothing more then Chinese equipment. Anything else will not only raise cost but become a liability in war time. The German rifles an American planes are better off sold and the money invested in Chinese products. Iran and China are two weapons suppliers that will not be pressured by the Indians and the US.

^^ There is no Pakistan military involved in it.
Our corrupt PM was simply trying to justify his expensive tour.
Truth is this regime has cancelled many defence contracts with Germany and Turkey.
They also cancelled the construction of much needed, new GHQ building.

I am reading too many these kinds of comments - please explain why one or even two squadron of Euro-fighter or any other kind of fighter, would be as you say "enough" -- Enough to do what?, please do explain

@muse , In Defence you have to constantly balance between what you have and what you need and maybe even what you want. Then you have to deal with the ground reality of your budget and whether other nations are willing to sell you weapons even if you have the money. For country like Pakistan we are also subject to pressure brought on by third countries, on the seller nation as with the pressure from India and even the US. That means basically that if we are asking a European country to sell us Equipment and weapons, third countries like India and the USA might bring pressure to bear on that European country not to sell to us.

Now we need a good Air Superiority Fighter aircraft and considering our budget constraints we may be able to fork out a billion or two USD for that transaction. Also considering that our defence profile and doctrine is defensive rather than offensive, we could benefit from a couple of Squadrons to hold the tide within our budget constraints.

The other benefit of having a 4.5 generation state of the art fighter is to stay abreast of the technology. I certainly hope we can buy a Squadron or two of Eurofighter. You may or may not agree with my logic. You are entitled to your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
@muse we need a good Air Superiority Fighter aircraft and considering our budget constraints we may be able to fork out a billion or two USD for that transaction. Also considering that our defence profile and doctrine is defensive rather than offensive, we could benefit from a couple of Squadrons to hold the tide within our budget constraints.

The other benefit of having a 4.5 generation state of the art fighter is to stay abreast of the technology. I certainly hope we can buy a Squadron or two of Eurofighter. You may or may not agree with my logic. You are entitled to your opinion.

It was a simple question -- you say we need 2 squadrons of Euro-fighter - all we wanted you to explain s what is it that you think 2 squadrons of any aircraft can achieve against our adversaries, especially as the suppliers of these aircraft may also be included among our adversaries?

Now, I'm not sure if you actually have any knowledge or experience in these matters and I certainly don't want you to think that I'm cornering you, or making an example of you - so bear with me, you say we need a air dominance platform? Sure, we can all agree, however, what can just 2 squadrons do against a potential adversaries that have built entire systems consisting of hundreds of such highly capable platforms?? It's important to make sense, can we agree on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan needs even more money. PKR has gone to its lowest. Pakistan has to pay $ 350 million to IMF by Feb 26. I think Pakistan should rather buy Chinese weapons on soft loans.

But I would like to know what type of military hardware and weapons Pakistan is interested in.

I think a lot of talk is involved around getting used hardware being used in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom