What's new

Pakistan demands latest military hardware from UK

@Abu Zolfiqar Did you say our Diplomacy failed ? :D

Posting again for you. Read the previous posts before replying. :enjoy:

UK to bring Afghan equipment home via Uzbekistan

LONDON: Britain’s Defense Secretary Philip Hammond said the UK has struck a deal with Uzbekistan to help bring back 4 billion pounds ($6.2 billion) of equipment from Afghanistan as operations drawn down.

Britain’s government has said UK troop numbers in Afghanistan will fall from around 9,000 currently to about 5,200 by the end of 2013.

Hammond told lawmakers Wednesday that the UK has struck a deal with Uzbekistan because the only current transit route for equipment _ through Pakistan _ ”would be hard pressed to meet the capacity demands” of the drawdown, which for Britain involves bringing home about 2,500 vehicles and 6,500 storage containers.

Under the arrangement, some 450,000 pounds ($699,700) of surplus equipment _ Land Rover spare parts and Leyland DAF trucks _ will be ”gifted” to Uzbekistan.

UK to bring Afghan equipment home via Uzbekistan | World | DAWN.COM

Now tell me why would they send it from different route and gift it to Uzbekistan. :azn:

I fail to see any relevance between UKs drawback (their presence being negligible), land rover car parts for Uzbeks and Indian diplomacy

Take the time to explain

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see any relevance between UKs drawback (their presence being negligible), land rover car parts for Uzbeks and Indian diplomacyTake the time to explain
You asked of Diplomacy. UK won't be taking their stuff via Pakistan and David Cameroon is already in India for increasing trade with India to $ 35 billion, agreed for visa to be given in one day and no cap on Indian students.

Noe\w tell me, will UK fulfill your so called "demands", considering UK needs to stabilize economy which is already in critical zone.And for that they need massive deals and trade which India can provide and Pakistan can't.

Take your time and understand the symbolic change of stance by UK.

Rest you read my previous posts, Just take some time to read it. :enjoy:

@KRAIT

as per Abu julfikar,Successful diplomacy means if india manages to stop them trading from all 200+ nations :lol:.

Even U.S cant do so.

No it just means that your funny looking babus have failed on all or most accounts vis a vis Pakistan on the points I mentioned.

And yes, it included major trade deals (eg with EU) and included certain arms deals (like anti radiation missiles) which your people tried interfering in (just after the drama of 26/11)

By the way, wtf is "julfikar" :lol:

You indians are entertaining people to watch, and laugh at... I'm sorry, laugh with

You asked of Diplomacy. UK won't be taking their stuff via Pakistan and David Cameroon is already in India for increasing trade with India to $ 35 billion, agreed for visa to be given in one day and no cap on Indian students

did I ever say Pakistan was opposing or had any issues regarding UK-indo commerce or something so trivial to us as student visas :laugh:

what are you trying to prove here?

UK wont be shipping their stuff via Pakistan because the goods are neither bound for Pakistan nor are they bound for the UK. The stuffs are to be gifted to Uzbekistan. So why should UK be"taking their stuff via Pakistan" when it's bound for Uzbekistan (a country with which UK does have ties and a country through which even in the past they've taken materiel and stuffs)

Noe\w tell me, will UK fulfill your so called "demands", considering UK needs to stabilize economy which is already in critical zone.And for that they need massive deals and trade which India can provide and Pakistan can't.

Obviously you should also look at the timing of this meeting. The Britishers do need to "placate" all sides here and obviously given indian economy size a lot of people are trying to open up their markets for you and vice versa as well.

Just remember that before this meeting between Cameron and indian govt. - the Brits and Afghans met with Pakistan delegation in UK to discuss Afghan reconciliation. You're talking about trade, a few land rover spare parts and a few DAF trucks to the Uzbeks and we're talking about bringing peace to the region. Your say in the actual affairs dont matter much.

By the way, Pakistan also trade with the UK. Not anywhere near indo-UK extent; but we still do trade with them so i dont see how shipping vehicles to Uzbekistan will create much money for UK when they are gifts for the Uzbeks :lol:

Rest you read my previous posts, Just take some time to read it. :enjoy:

i know you wait anxiously for me to read your enthusiastically written posts; i read the article you posted (twice) and the subsequent posts.

dont worry ;)

@Abu Zolfiqar Apun ne aaj tak ladki ke liye intjaar nahin kiya, ek unknown poster ka intjaar karega ? :drag:

P.S. This statement doesn't mean I am Forever Alone typo. :D

David Cameron just made a statement that implies that Indian students may be granted long term renewable visas to study and work in the UK if they wish..

And then we have this thread with Pakistan demanding like the orphan Oliver.."Please sir , may I have some more".

Back
Top Bottom