What's new

Pakistan demands latest military hardware from UK

India and actually, entire South Asia, is producing engineers '3 Idiots' style.

Quantity doesn't mean quality.

Is it surprising that small nations like Japan and Germany can output more industrial value than a large nation like India?

Hint: Their education.
Damn those liars @GE :angry:
QzoA.jpg

@Abu Zolfiqar Did you say our Diplomacy failed ? :D

Posting again for you. Read the previous posts before replying. :enjoy:

UK to bring Afghan equipment home via Uzbekistan

LONDON: Britain’s Defense Secretary Philip Hammond said the UK has struck a deal with Uzbekistan to help bring back 4 billion pounds ($6.2 billion) of equipment from Afghanistan as operations drawn down.

Britain’s government has said UK troop numbers in Afghanistan will fall from around 9,000 currently to about 5,200 by the end of 2013.

Hammond told lawmakers Wednesday that the UK has struck a deal with Uzbekistan because the only current transit route for equipment _ through Pakistan _ ”would be hard pressed to meet the capacity demands” of the drawdown, which for Britain involves bringing home about 2,500 vehicles and 6,500 storage containers.

Under the arrangement, some 450,000 pounds ($699,700) of surplus equipment _ Land Rover spare parts and Leyland DAF trucks _ will be ”gifted” to Uzbekistan.

UK to bring Afghan equipment home via Uzbekistan | World | DAWN.COM

Now tell me why would they send it from different route and gift it to Uzbekistan. :azn:
because our diplomacy worked.:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Donatello We can play blame game as much as we like. I am not getting into ego game. I just put forward the idea of using economy.

As for Japan and Germany, they have advance research labs and funding. Look at Indians and Chinese in US universities. You will see the students are quite good in quality but they lack resources. I know since I am in Research. How hard is to implement and work on advance subject.

Japan and Germany has decades old base of Research aptitude and Professionalism.

I don't like to play blame games. That's why i don't post as often on PDF.
I am merely stating the reality.

Damn those liars @GE :angry:
QzoA.jpg

Just like any other Indian poster on this forum, you fail to show any common sense.

I didn't state India lacks innovation or competitiveness. What i meant was, KRAIT was boasting about the quantity of the scientists and engineers India produces, not the quality.

As can be clearly seen from the 'Quality of Patents', India is bested out by countries much smaller in size. Which means, it's quality that matters, not just the quantity.

Secondly, this survey is from the executives in their country, of their workforce.

I know IITs rank highly in India, but how many of those publish research of worldwide reputation?
Do you read leading journals/published material in science/engineering on a daily basis? Because i Do.

And @KRAIT,

I work in research too. EU funded one, so i would know what i am talking about.

@Donatello Well, if you have doubt on Quality of Indian scientists and engineers, I can't help. I wasn't boasting but telling you the truth. Check Indian students statistics in US Universities. If you don't believe me, I can quote Michau Kaku's video too.

You are saying that smaller nations are better than India. Yeah, Germany, Japan, France, etc all are better. But you miss key features behind their R&D.

India is producing Quantity with Competitive Quality Engineers and Scientists which get Masters and PhD from US, European Universities.

As a matter of fact if you don't have an Indian researcher in any US or UK universities then that university is considered as not so friendly for south asian scholars. Indian and Chinese scholars are seen as a benchmark to compete with and sadly no other south asian countries get even mentioned.

However, that to say in India the value of research is not as high as in west and it is not considered as a lucrative carrier. This is one of the main reason that the student who got an aptitude for research also chose either to be an engineer working for a multi-national or do MBA. You don't know if you are made for research until unless you try it and many of the brilliant students in India don't even think about it as they already have good jobs and being in research is not any where close in terms on financial benefits.

But once Indians are abroad and they have equal opportunities and benefits in all the field, then you can see ridiculously disproportionate numbers of scientists/researchers favouring towards India among the south asians, which shows that India has both quantity and world class quality.

Hope Indian government realise this potential and create an atmosphere that is conductive to research and bright student choses it as their first carrier choice not the last.

Just like any other Indian poster on this forum, you fail to show any common sense.

I didn't state India lacks innovation or competitiveness. What i meant was, KRAIT was boasting about the quantity of the scientists and engineers India produces, not the quality.

As can be clearly seen from the 'Quality of Patents', India is bested out by countries much smaller in size. Which means, it's quality that matters, not just the quantity.

Secondly, this survey is from the executives in their country, of their workforce.

I know IITs rank highly in India, but how many of those publish research of worldwide reputation?
Do you read leading journals/published material in science/engineering on a daily basis? Because i Do.

And @KRAIT,

I work in research too. EU funded one, so i would know what i am talking about.
1jaGJr1.jpg

A separate ranking of Global Innovation countries revealed that India’s impressive talent pool of scientists and engineers were thwarted by its poor broadband, intellectual property laws and foreign investment restrictions.

Innovation attitude - Livemint

Most of the Indians going into Research prefer Western countries because of the funding and the perks associated with it.
JEh3WKx.jpg

R9xOUds.jpg

Anyway,I don't read publications and journals as I don't have access to those things (I'm in the 2nd year of my college). Didn't get the EU funded Researcher bit.... is that a new way of telling "I am Smart".

@Donatello Well, if you have doubt on Quality of Indian scientists and engineers, I can't help. I wasn't boasting but telling you the truth. Check Indian students statistics in US Universities. If you don't believe me, I can quote Michau Kaku's video too.

You are saying that smaller nations are better than India. Yeah, Germany, Japan, France, etc all are better. But you miss key features behind their R&D.

India is producing Quantity with Competitive Quality Engineers and Scientists which get Masters and PhD from US, European Universities.

Tell me a top university of the world where only Indians go and Pakistanis don't.

Name one. Just one.

I am not saying Indians are not going places, what i am talking about it the local Indian education system.

How many Isaac Newton, Einstein, Heisenberg, Dirac, Curie, Marconi, Edison, Armstrong caliber people has India or well entire South Asia produced? Considering South Asia's population, it is a shame.

Tell me a top university of the world where only Indians go and Pakistanis don't.

Name one. Just one.

I am not saying Indians are not going places, what i am talking about it the local Indian education system.

How many Isaac Newton, Einstein, Heisenberg, Dirac, Curie, Marconi, Edison, Armstrong caliber people has India or well entire South Asia produced? Considering South Asia's population, it is a shame.

Reason is infrastructure.We dont have but others have and they hire our engineers with money and get their work done.
Same with you may be

if we can get hardware like choppers, gunships, transport aircrafts and some APCs for Frontier core, it would be great thing

Reason is infrastructure.We dont have but others have and they hire our engineers with money and get their work done.
Same with you may be

Yes. That is what i was trying to convey to KRAIT.

It's not Indian problem. It's south asian mentality. Get a degree, get a job. That's it.
We need to change this mindset.

1jaGJr1.jpg

Innovation attitude - Livemint

Most of the Indians going into Research prefer Western countries because of the funding and the perks associated with it.
JEh3WKx.jpg

R9xOUds.jpg

Anyway,I don't read publications and journals as I don't have access to those things (I'm in the 2nd year of my college). Didn't get the EU funded Researcher bit.... is that a new way of telling "I am Smart".

Your college should provide free access to all the major scientific journals/publications. If it doesn't, then that's the problem i was talking to.

EU funded research part, what i meant was that i work with people from different nationalities and ambitions. You learn a lot from them.

UK needs money. Look at their condition. Would they want their defense industries to close down ? Its a good idea to make them think.

Are bhyia do sqaudren ka swal hei .How is that going to help British defense industries ?

Back
Top Bottom