What's new

Pakistan could ask India to host series with Australia

Big Boss

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan could ask India to host series with Australia

9e0d493a2f44d4c59a2b1c703f355edf.jpeg

Lahore: May 22, 2012

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf on Tuesday hinted Pakistan won't be shy of asking India to host their upcoming one-day series against Australia as bilateral cricket relations had recently improved between the two nations.

The PCB is still searching for venues to host the five ODIs and three T20 matches against Australia from mid-August after Cricket Sri Lanka withdraw its offer to play host due to the clash of dates with Sri Lankan Premier League.

"We have yet to finalise venues for the series but India can also hold the series for us and we are willing to play there," Ashraf told reporters here today.

The PCB said it was considering several other options, including Zimbabwe, South Africa and Malaysia for the series.

Ashraf said the recent visit by President Asif Zardari to India has played its part in breaking the ice where bilateral cricket relations were concerned between the two countries.

"President Zardari during his meeting with the Indian Premier in India had discussed Indo-Pak cricket ties and after that we got the positive news that they will be inviting our team for the Champions League this year," Ashraf said.

He said the announcement about the Champions League by the Indian Board President was a big step forward and things were looking positive now.

"That is why I say you can't rule out India agreeing to host our series with Australia," Ashraf said.

The PCB chief said the board's main concern while finalising the venues for the Australia series was to see the cost effectiveness of the venture.

"We need to be cost effective and make some money from the series," he added.

Ashraf also spoke about PCB's plans to launch the Pakistan Premier League and said there would be no bar on inviting Indian players for the event when it was launched.

He said he would be going to Chennai to watch the IPL final on an invitation by the BCCI and hoped he could have more positive discussions with his Indian counterpart on bilateral ties. (PTI)

Pakistan could ask India to host series with Australia | Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

If they can play in India, why not play India. Will an Aus-Pak series even remotely match the viewership or revenue of an India-Pakistan series?

That would be good for the game.

In Cricket field Indians hate Aussies more hence crowd support will be for Pakistan .. thats a Guarantee.

^^ thats debatable ...think about past triseries ..i never seen that phenomenon

pakistan is already negotiating with SA for the series

"We have yet to finalise venues for the series but India can also hold the series for us and we are willing to play there," Ashraf told reporters here today

"That is why I say you can't rule out India agreeing to host our series with Australia," Ashraf said.

The PCB chief said the board's main concern while finalising the venues for the Australia series was to see the cost effectiveness of the venture.

"We need to be cost effective and make some money from the series," he added.

He said he would be going to Chennai to watch the IPL final on an invitation by the BCCI and hoped he could have more positive discussions with his Indian counterpart on bilateral ties. (PTI)

This is interesting......:pop:

We should hold the series and give special visas to Pakistani fans.

Money for us! (he he we evil hindu baniyas :D)

Cricket for the Pakistani fans in a home-like atmosphere. They can enjoy beer too...without any restrictions.

Defeat for the Aussies.

Win-Win for all...well...almost.

:lol::lol::lol:

That would be good for the game.

In Cricket field Indians hate Aussies more hence crowd support will be for Pakistan .. thats a Guarantee.

Easy to say but we both know the ground realities... I already see Indian crowd raising Aussie flags and supporting Michael Clarke's team

Bhartis naturally love our team, but they are not allowed to admit it when they are getting whooped by us. Under this circumstance the Indians can finally come out of the closet which will be good for them.

There was really no need of this post. That's off topic and flame

BTW, our recent performance against India has been very bad. There was a time when Pakistan used to beat India very comfortably and I used to say like "oh India se to jeet hi jayen ge" - but now it's no longer like that and the win-loss ratio against India has been 50-50 since last couple of years and for most of the times we have lost major matches against India except the Champions trophy match that we won.

No need to compare Pakistani team with India, just focus on the topic please

BTW, our recent performance against India has been very bad. There was a time when Pakistan used to beat India very comfortably and I used to say like "oh India se to jeet hi jayen ge" - but now it's no longer like that and the win-loss ratio against India has been 50-50 since last couple of years and for most of the times we have lost major matches against India except the Champions trophy match that we won.

Actually in the past decade India has won 19 out of the 36 match played. And in the last 5 years, India has won 8 out 13, so make that 60-40:P

Whatever the case we have won more matches, and the reason we suffer is because just like everything else in Pakistan there is corruption.

You see Bharti fanboys on this site don't really represent the majority of people.

If you ask an Indian that is truly a fan of cricket he will have no problem admitting that Pakistan has had, and still has some world class players.

I'm obviously going to say Pakistan is the better team, but there have been some Indian players that I liked very much and have no problem admitting it either.

What a dumb idea.

Whats wrong with hosting it in the UAE?

Back
Top Bottom