What's new

Pakistan conducts successful test launch of Shaheen-3 SSM (2750 km)

Is it a 2750 Km range missile or it is a long range missile tested for 2750 KM.

I think it is tested for 2750km.

Because the figure looks like so; otherwise it is highly inprobable that they created a missile which goes as far as 2700 and 50 km

As per news, test is at max range.

@Oscar Clarify the news which claim it can carry warhead(s).

S-III 1.JPG
S-III 2.JPG
S-III 3.JPG
S-III 4.JPG

Oh yaaaaaaa ...... its just have 2750 KM range .... :azn:

Though the range is lesser than what was expected but it could and would be improved. The key point is does it has the ability to beat what the adversary has for self defense?

2750? atleast they should have added 250 KM more range in to missile :mad:
Payload has not been specified. Was it tested with mock payload or without any? If the missile was tested with maximum (1050kg in case of Shaheen II) mock payload (or re-entry vehicle), with lighter payload (not necessarily less lethal for I guess we are working on smaller plutonium -based warheads) it should be able to log an extra 250 or so km.

Last edited:
2750? atleast they should have added 250 KM more range in to missile :mad:

I am suspecting range would be more than what they have claimed here. Additional 250 doesn't justify creation of a new missile. If you are nevertheless creating one, why wouldn't you add an additional 500-1000? Also look at the statement and thoughtful inclusion of "maximum range" which is unprecedented. Expect this range to be somewhere between 3000-4000 but for political reasons, it is identified as 2750.

My guess is that range is told to be shorter so that it doesn't seems like a threat to Israel... with 2750 km rang it is just shy of israel from 200-300 KM

I agree its Range should have been at least 3500 KM

Once Dr. Samar mentioned that it was a conscious decision when Pakistan decided not to develop Shaheen III while it would've been a lot easier to just get carried away.

Just ask yourself what would've stopped Pakistan from not extending range from the mark of 2500? They are still reluctant to admit its range is beyond 2750. There are definitely political reasons at play and you can expect range to be deserving more than stated range.

I'm not interested in more range, i'm interested to see if or not we have the capability to destroy our principle threat in an ABM infested environment. Shaheen-IIIs range clearly says that we are focused on our principle threat. Its not been codenamed Shaheen-IIA because it offers substantial technology upgrade on the Shaheen-II system which is enough to be classified as a new system.

Will it be called Hatf-X ?

When Nasr was tested, we had learned that next missile is Surface to Air and would be called Hatf-IX. I don't think we have got this place filled yet. So if this is a new missile, it would take Hatf-IX designation.

Though the range is lesser than what was expected but it could and would be improved. The key point is does it has the ability to beat what the adversary has for self defense?

Range is not of the utmost importance, 2750km is enough range to hit all the main arteries of our adversaries. The important thing is whether it can defeat our adversaries ABM Systems. This is what we lack info on?

But judging from the launch, the Missile Maneuvers and adjusts course after its launch. This is a positive sign, this is a clue that the Missile Manoeuvrable and can adjust its course during flight path.

I am suspecting range would be more than what they have claimed here. Additional 250 doesn't justify creation of a new missile. If you are nevertheless creating one, why wouldn't you add an additional 500-1000? Also look at the statement and thoughtful inclusion of "maximum range" which is unprecedented. Expect this range to be somewhere between 3000-4000 but for political reasons, it is identified as 2750.

I wish if it was the case. But previous test of Shaheen II had a range of 1500 KM. and Initial tests in 2000's test had range of 2000 KM. So ISPR might be quoting true range of Shaheen 3 this time. We do have a improvement of 700-1000 KM

Back
Top Bottom