What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

So if US allowed vipers Blk70 which I feels they will since Deputy secretary of defence was on town any reason for J10 C for PAF or it can be a mirage replacement?
right now, the americans will sell their mothers tied on blk50 pylons to Pakistan just to get the PAF back to being dependent on them...right now, Pakistan Air Force is pretty much out of any influence of the u.s. even our F16 blk52s are replaceable by the JF17 blk3 which has been officially claimed to be better than the blk 52s. uncle sam does NOT like that and wants to regain that leverage they once had over PAF.

PAF would be wise to ignore anything and everything the u.s. offers.

right now, the americans will sell their mothers tied on blk50 pylons to Pakistan just to get the PAF back to being dependent on them...right now, Pakistan Air Force is pretty much out of any influence of the u.s. even our F16 blk52s are replaceable by the JF17 blk3 which has been officially claimed to be better than the blk 52s. uncle sam does NOT like that and wants to regain that leverage they once had over PAF.

China is doing the same for J-10s. At least that's what I've heard from some of the PAF guys.

The F-16 will always be ahead of the JF-17.

China is doing the same for J-10s. At least that's what I've heard from some of the PAF guys.

That's fine. China is far FAR more trustworthy & reliable than the americans. China has never put sanctions on anyone, let alone Pakistan whereas with america, there is ALWAYS a chance that the present fleet of F16s can become trophies sitting uselessly on the tarmac due to ill intentioned sanctions.

That's fine. China is far FAR more trustworthy & reliable than the americans. China has never put sanctions on anyone, let alone Pakistan whereas with america, there is ALWAYS a chance that the present fleet of F16s can become trophies sitting uselessly on the tarmac due to ill intentioned sanctions.
True but US is an important country PAF will go for more F16s If available but other than vipers let's see maybe P8

One just wonders where does external help comes from and at what cost of either being an ally or a "brotherly" country......

U.S owes us money under the head of CSF. so wt ever we buy from u.s will be to utilise that.
other than that we ain't paying anything from our pocket.

So think about what kind of relations ship Pakistan have with USA? USA want to deliver some equipment to PAF so they have some leverage? Very trustworthy relationship - don´t you think soo... (and for those that didn´t got it the last sentence was sarcastic.....)

In my opinion the relationship between Pakistan and China is based on bilateral needs and understanding. China needs Pakistan as Pakistan needs China.

And on top of that: My understanding about PAF and PLAF is that there are going much more on than we know. Plz read between the lines. Without any inside source or knowledge my guess is that the conceptual input to PLAAF by PAF is huge. PAF has the brain and PLAF has the resources - both is very important.

So this in mind I would chose the Chinese camp every time

One just wonders where does external help comes from and at what cost of either being an ally or a "brotherly" country......
Simple. US wants India to stand against China in nearby future and China will make sure that India remain concentrated to Pakistan threat only. Stronger Pakistan military wise will keep India in check

That money is long gone/does not exist anymore.
Not 100% accurate, the bill submitted by Pakistan is with the US Gov't, they can decide if they want to pay or not based on service rendered. Once it's ruled that they will pay then $ will be requested in up-coming fiscal year budget. Which year ? depends upon when US Gov't feels that yes the services were provided and it needs to be paid. President Trump used different measure to determine if the services were rendered as per bill submitted by Pak Gov't, he used his own method of measurement, President Elect Biden may use same or different yard stick to determine the CSFs.

Shaheen IX is over! It was last year.

Chinese left and they took their mystery J-10C along with 'em.

Lets look FWD to Shaheen X, and finally retire this Topic unless someone has Images OR videos relating to the exercise.

Discussing the US Politics and CSF doesn't relate the topic at hand.

Hi,

Don't exegarate---americans don't sell their mothers---.

Indians made the same mistake when they thought we'd do what the Americans did against their employment of Bisons in a below the deck sneaker role
What did the Americans do and what did we do instead? The Americans had no AWACS in their exercises or Drones and as far as I know, we had those two observing IAF movements as well as standoff jammers with the Falcons, surely the realised that it was a completely different senario.

I would disagree on this

Block 3 will have superior avionics, radar and weapons package compared to the Block 52's that we operate. Unless we get approved for an upgrade to avionics, AIM 120D and AIM9X by the US, i possibly cannot see how the F16 will continue to remain ahead of the Block 3's. The JF17's will continuously benefit from the developments in PLAAF and they will be able to utilize those technologies on the JF17 as evidenced on the Block 3. We don't have the same luxury with the US where even a basic replacement or upgrade has to be approved from multiple quarters.

Back
Top Bottom