What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

Hi,

Modern aircraft are not jump into the cockpit and fly away type of aircraft---.

You would need at least a minimum of 5 years for a JF17 pilot to switch over and excel as a J10 pilot---.

I don’t think you understood what I meant. I’ve read PAF has 2.5 Pilots for every jet it operates. If true it can train 180 pilots for 72 J-10s, as part of its normal training regime.

In the event of heightened tension lease 36-72 additional J-10s. Chinese ground crews could come along with the jets to gain experience, but PAF pilots would be the only ones flying them, if Pakistan doesn’t want China to actively participate or China doesn’t want to actively participate.

I don’t think you understood what I meant. I’ve read PAF has 2.5 Pilots for every jet it operates. If true it can train 180 pilots for 72 J-10s, as part of its normal training regime.

In the event of heightened tension lease 36-72 additional J-10s. Chinese ground crews could come along with the jets to gain experience, but PAF pilots would be the only ones flying them, if Pakistan doesn’t want China to actively participate or China doesn’t want to actively participate.

Hi,

Sir---I do understand what you are trying to say---and I am telling you that with modern fighter aircraft---it does not work that way.

Your mentality of understanding the problem is that of a Candy store---I like candy---I eat candy---candy is available---I can go get candy when I have the urge---.

This is a serious problem---and it has to be taken seriously and not just like that---.

The 2.5 pilots per aircraft are for current aircraft in operation---. There are no spare pilots---. These extra pilots will have to be produced in due time---and time is the ENEMY.

Last edited:
Hi,

Modern aircraft are not jump into the cockpit and fly away type of aircraft---.

You would need at least a minimum of 5 years for a JF17 pilot to switch over and excel as a J10 pilot---.

How long will it take for a pilot to switch over from F-16 to J-10?

I wonder how many Pakistani pilots have been training on the J-10s already.

Hi,

Sir---I do understand what you are trying to say---and I am telling you that with modern fighter aircraft---it does not work that way.

Your mentality of understanding the problem is that of a Candy store---I like candy---I eat candy---candy is available---I can go get candy when I have the urge---.

This is a serious problem---and it has to be taken seriously and not just like that---.

The 2.5 pilots per aircraft are for current aircraft in operation---. There are no spare pilots---. These pilots will have to be produced in due time---and time is the ENEMY.

1. Stop with condescending analogies. There is no need to explain your point in such a manner.

2. The budget is stretched and the previous governments have squandered the money, no doubt about that. It’s obviously clear, the threat is real and it’s needs to be addressed seriously. There is probably a good reason there are 2.5 pilots per aircraft. In which case this government will have to make a compromise somewhere in the budget, to get what it needs to defend the nation, or make arrangements to manage the risk.

1. Stop with condescending analogies. There is no need to explain your point in such a manner.

2. The budget is stretched and the previous governments have squandered the money, no doubt about that. It’s obviously clear, the threat is real and it’s needs to be addressed seriously. There is probably a good reason there are 2.5 pilots per aircraft. In which case this government will have to make a compromise somewhere in the budget, to get what it needs to defend the nation, or make arrangements to manage the risk.

Hi,

Then grow up a back bone---and think and talk like a man---. You are trying to put footholds in flimsy footings against a massive enemy---.

The 2.5 pilots per aircraft is not a large number.

Increase your knowledge base to understand that 2.5 pilots an aircraft is miniscule against an enemy that has 3 times the number of frontline aircraft.
How long will it take for a pilot to switch over from F-16 to J-10?

I wonder how many Pakistani pilots have been training on the J-10s already.

Hi,

Switching over is not a problem---the problem is learning to go to combat in that aircraft at a competence level of 110%---the problem is to compete against a top tier enemy---.

I would say 5 years time period at least---but you have to take most of the pilots from the JF17 to the J10

Hi,

Paf has handled worst engines than the J10 engine---. So---if Paf is saaying so---it is an excuse.

As for F35---an average F-35 pilots will smash all 4th gen aircraft to kingdom come---and that is by default of the technology and the capabilities of that aircraft to where it has been developed to this date.

The 5th gen are in a league of their own---.

As for the indians claiming their aircraft to do something special---yes they can---they set up Paf for feb 27th---the setup was to gain access to the Rafale without a public outcry---so they succeeded in their endeavor---. They made their starving public want it bad and they succeeded at it in 24 hours where others could not do it for over a decade.
Marijuana ?

Hi,

Then grow up a back bone---and think and talk like a man---. You are trying to put footholds in flimsy footings against a massive enemy---.

The 2.5 pilots per aircraft is not a large number.

Increase your knowledge base to understand that 2.5 pilots an aircraft is miniscule against an enemy that has 3 times the number of frontline aircraft.

Hi,

Switching over is not a problem---the problem is learning to go to combat in that aircraft at a competence level of 110%---the problem is to compete against a top tier enemy---.

I would say 5 years time period at least---but you have to take most of the pilots from the JF17 to the J10

I don’t need to prove myself to you.

Pakistan is broke. Politicians have destroyed the economy. You want to spend on the military without any consideration for all the other priorities that need to be balanced. You can continue to live in that delusion. Find a way to fix the economy, until then find a solution within the budget the Air Force is allocated (I heard your out on the JH-7A idea to minimize spending in the past). If the Air Force is given the money, sure buy 120 J-10s and retire the old mirages.

Had the politicians not screwed the pooch on the economy, the Air Force should have gone for the J-10 from the beginning, and not developed the JF-17. But this is 2021, pick from the options the Air Force can afford.

Had the politicians not screwed the pooch on the economy, the Air Force should have gone for the J-10 from the beginning, and not developed the JF-17. But this is 2021, pick from the options the Air Force can afford.
PAF during the early 2000s will never go for J-10. They are more familiar with F-16 design and layout. J-10 is a new concept of canard layout. To play safe, PAF going for the JF-17 design is understandable.

And how do we not know that PAF pilots were already training on J-10's in China ?

PAF during the early 2000s will never go for J-10. They are more familiar with F-16 design and layout. J-10 is a new concept of canard layout. To play safe, PAF going for the JF-17 design is understandable.
What’s the situation of J35? J10 is great but J35 would be something else.

And how do we not know that PAF pilots were already training on J-10's in China ?

@ Zapper do you have a laughing problem ? or do you just laugh at everything with your mouth open ? lolz.

I personally think that it is the perfect plan to stay some J10 in Pakistan in the name of testing and training.

On the one hand, Pakistani pilots can be familiar with the new generation of electronic equipment in advance. On the other hand, it can effectively respond to Indian attacks.

I personally think that it is the perfect plan to stay some J10 in Pakistan in the name of testing and training.

On the one hand, Pakistani pilots can be familiar with the new generation of electronic equipment in advance. On the other hand, it can effectively respond to Indian attacks.
Hi my friend I’m pretty sure you know when you stationed someones assets in your country basically you are ally for that country at the moment we ahve very good relationships with China but not under these circumstances either you buy or leave it they won’t be stationing their assets and will not give you a hand in fighting but will provide best of their armour and knowledge/ intelligence
its like you are inviting india to ask Americans to station their F35 in Chinese backyard and a more robust problem for Pakistan
so either take it or leave it but the fight will be by yourself this is the Chinese theory of supporting Iron brother
by the way USA already using Indian facilities at the moment to refuel their P8 Poseidon
thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom