What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

Good to see PAF fighters tangle with Flankers. Helps demystify the aircraft and provides realistic training for the crews.
Indians will tell you that they do that too with F-16's of the Singaporean Air Force, yet they still haven't decoded the F-Sholainci Code.

Waiting for PAF J-10C inshallah.
Has that been announced?

I don't see why J-10C would make it to PAF. It occupies the same role as F-16 and complicates existing training and logistics infrastructure by introducing another similar platform. There is also the possibility of PAF receiving captured F-16V from Taiwan for free when China inevitably take the island around 2025 to 2030.

Has that been announced?

I don't see why J-10C would make it to PAF. It occupies the same role as F-16 and complicates existing training and logistics infrastructure by introducing another similar platform. There is also the possibility of PAF receiving captured F-16V from Taiwan for free when China inevitably take the island around 2025 to 2030.

Just watch and see then time shall tell.

Has that been announced?

heck, pakistan should just trade the f-16s it has for an equal number of j-10s. china get a good deep look and can use it for opfor training. pakistan gets new, better jets and simplified logistics and freedom to use its warplanes unlike the limits on the f-16s. of course this will pisse off the us to no ends and lead to sanctions.

heck, pakistan should just trade the f-16s it has for an equal number of j-10s. china get a good deep look and can use it for opfor training. pakistan gets new, better jets and simplified logistics and freedom to use its warplanes unlike the limits on the f-16s. of course this will pisse off the us to no ends and lead to sanctions.
Do you have any idea how many years it takes an air force to fully integrate and master a fighter? PAF has decades of experience with F-16, they know everything about the aircraft that there is to know. Do you not understand as to why F-16 is still remains PAF's main frontline fighter? J-10 will need around 4-5 years just to be fully operational. Plus how can one think about F-16's replacement when there are F-7s and Mirages that need to be replaced urgently?

That's a completely unrealistic scenario, logistically, politically, monetarily and operationally.

1608997105117.png

Few days ago, I posted a video , which claims that the deal for J 10 are done , they would be arriving in Pakistan in near future.

I was asked not to post such videos. But now some members are suggesting that the deal is done for J 10, let's hope so.

In current scenario it would be the best option to have few J-10C in Pakistan. In case of any misadventure from IAF, we can test J-10C.
1609011515960.png

JF-17 block 3 will replace F-7s by 2025 and hopefully all mirage planes will be replaced by 2030. If I was calling the shots, I would have started acquiring J-10C in small numbers to replace older mirage.

Last edited:
Like US does in Europe, it could be that in future PLAAF do so many "exercises" and "deployments" that J-10s are stationed in Pakistan by default. Avoids PR hassle of PLAAF having "bases" in Pakistan.

Hard to say without qualifying size, could even be Y-20 transport looking at shape and colour.

That's a completely unrealistic scenario, logistically, politically, monetarily and operationally.

i know, i didnt say it was likely or even possible in the current situation. merely said it would simplify all the outstanding issues, specifically being the limited amount of f-16s and the reluctance the us to provide more, and allow free usage of new jets as opposed to some rules set by the us. of course not going to happen given the time it would require to get use to a new jet while losing your old ones, plus the international situation.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom