What's new

Pakistan can offer '30% less' price on warships to Qatar

Only way Pakistan will show case its Navy construction base , when it will construct ships for Pakistan Navy first

Frigate / Corvette / Destroyer class ships

Qatar is not short of Money they will pay ... but we need to get out of this Discount price mentality they have $$ to spend

I think the best way for PAKISTANI ship yard to make wave is to construct

10 Frigates for Pakistan Navy
5 Destroyers for Pakistan Navy
7 Corvettes for Pakistan Navy

After such an initiative they can think of sales to other countries

And no need for discouts countries that need to protect their Sea will pay $$$

Only South Asians love to lover their price , thinking just by selling cheap people will buy from them ... instead of selling at market price
I agree we need 24 Frigates and Destroyers in our Navy at least along with 52 Fighter Jets to back them up and with 8 to 10 Submarines than we should think of providing others with ships

Well if we had 4-5 Destroyers , we don't even need air support they have the firepower to take out enemy jets , our normal airforce units can be active on Air anyways

Only way Pakistan will show case its Navy construction base , when it will construct ships for Pakistan Navy first

Frigate / Corvette / Destroyer class ships

Qatar is not short of Money they will pay ... but we need to get out of this Discount price mentality they have $$ to spend

I think the best way for PAKISTANI ship yard to make wave is to construct

10 Frigates for Pakistan Navy
5 Destroyers for Pakistan Navy
7 Corvettes for Pakistan Navy

After such an initiative they can think of sales to other countries

And no need for discouts countries that need to protect their Sea will pay $$$

Only South Asians love to lover their price , thinking just by selling cheap people will buy from them ... instead of selling at market price
Now if Qatar can finance that, they will get 50% off for theirs...
I have heard that Qatar (if I am not mistaken) is the only country in the world with a formal defense pact with... India !!!!!!!!!

Now if Qatar can finance that, they will get 50% off for theirs...
I have heard that Qatar (if I am not mistaken) is the only country in the world with a formal defense pact with... India !!!!!!!!!
India and Qatar have extremely close defense relations.

How much $$$ are you spending on a useless nuke program where nukes will NEVER EVER be used? Spend whatever little you've got on conventional platforms instead. :azn:
Nuke is protection from India and conventional now is for sale.

Nuke is protection from India and conventional now is for sale.
But how much do you need? Nukes are only a deterrent and nothing more. They will never ever be used. Let's get that straight.

So even a dozen nukes are enough. But the Pakistan Establishment is going hell-for-leather increasing their stockpile at an alarming rate spending billions of rupees which could be better utilized for financing education, poverty alleviation, healthcare, infrastructure development, energy and so on.

But your India centric paranoia is retarding your economic growth resulting in frustration across all segments of society. Jobs are falling and the jobless are turning to terrorism and sectarianism as an alternative.

But how much do you need? Nukes are only a deterrent and nothing more. They will never ever be used. Let's get that straight.

So even a dozen nukes are enough. But the Pakistan Establishment is going hell-for-leather increasing their stockpile at an alarming rate spending billions of rupees which could be better utilized for financing education, poverty alleviation, healthcare, infrastructure development, energy and so on.

But your India centric paranoia is retarding your economic growth resulting in frustration across all segments of society. Jobs are falling and the jobless are turning to terrorism and sectarianism as an alternative.

lt is not as simple as that. The Pakistani policy is to replace all old warheads with plutonium based warheads. The policy appears to be to build a stockpile of plutonium before international pressure brings India and Pakistan to the negotiations table. India is so large as a country that we can never compete with it conventionally. So we build our nuke stockpile and offer you peace from a position of parity. I agree that even this policy has its limitations but our choices are limited due to our circumstances both geopolitical and economic .
MAD is a consideration that is not out of the mindset the Generals from either side. Although they would avoid it till the last moment if push comes to shove the lack of trust between the two governments would lead to a massive nuke strike. This is what is keeping our "friends" at bay.
A nuclear confrontation is a stark reality in the Indo Pak subcontinental theatre and no one needs to be in any doubt about it. I have also heard of there being no confrontation between 2 nuclear armed nation but there will always be a first time for everything.
Araz

A nuclear confrontation is a stark reality in the Indo Pak subcontinental theatre and no one needs to be in any doubt about it. I have also heard of there being no confrontation between 2 nuclear armed nation but there will always be a first time for everything.
Araz
Let's hope not! Being nuked back into the stone age is the worst thing that can ever happen. It would result in the complete collapse of the nation states with no chance of recovery from death and destruction for generations. The collateral damage would be horrendous and affect the other parts of the world too, especially the Northern hemisphere.

So then, of what use is a nuke war if there would be no winners? What would Pakistan be defending in the event of a tactical nuclear strike in order it 'defend' its territory from a conventional Indian offensive? A tactical nuclear strike will soon escalate to a counter value strike on industries, atomic power plants, dams, airfields, ports, and so on. What will there be left to defend? Nothing except radioactive rubble.

Do the people want this to happen? Do the armies want this? Except for a few hare brained hot heads in the Establishments who seem to know squat about the affects of an all out nuclear war, I don't think anyone does.

MAD will ensure that this doesn't ever happen. In addition, geopolitics will never allow a war to escalate beyond the threshold. The U.S and the West would never allow this to happen. They have the means to ensure it doesn't, because it would not only affect India and Pakistan, but a nuclear conflagration would affect the world too.

As I explained earlier this is a situation which no one wants. However nuclear power may yet be our saviour as it may force the 2 nations to compromise from a position of relative parity. It is this parity which is at the root of all reconciliation and ensures an equitable and just settlement which otherwise will always tilt in the favour of the larger nation. This is why India firstly and Pakistan secondly need to realize the gravity of the situation and get back on to the negotiation table.
Araz

And why would the Qataris want discounted defence products :/. The gulfis have tons of money to spend and would not hesitate to buy the most expensive jets or frigates.

GSRE India: GRSE built the Aditya class tanker (24000 Tons), Brahmaputra class frigates, two Khukri class and Kora class corvettes. It built all the Seaward class, Trinkat class, Bangaram class, and Car Nicobar class patrol vessels.

Mazagon Docks: The yard has the capability to build warships, submarines, and merchant ships up to 30,000 Dead Weight Tons(DWT). Along with Frigates: Nilgiri Class, Godavari class, khukri class, Shavalik Class; Destroyers: Godavari Class Kolkatta Class, Shishumar class submarines and currently Scorpene.

Forget looking at "top" shipbuilders from Italy, Britian, US, Russia and China, It doesn't even come close to shipbuilders in it's own vicinity

The best warship ever built by Pak was F-22P. And this warship no where close to indian one, maybe close to Brahmputra.

And I know the comparison is wrong but the best comparable ship to IN is Kamotra. And AAW capability of P-28 is far superior to its counterpart.

I agree we need 24 Frigates and Destroyers in our Navy at least along with 52 Fighter Jets to back them up and with 8 to 10 Submarines than we should think of providing others with ships

Indian Navy has 24 Frigates and Destroyers and 40+ Fighters to back them
That Number is expected to rise to 29 Frigates and Destroyers by 2022, As older ships are retired and newer vessels are inducted
How can you expect PN to match IN ship to ship

PN should focus on inducting more F22P class frigates instead of stripped out USN hand me downs
They should also get 24-30 JF17 with anti ship missiles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom