What's new

Pakistan 'can and must' do more against terrorism: Obama

I think slowly and steadily Pakistan has learnt that this game is harming them more than anyone else....... And they have been working on them and i guess the first stop is TTP which is bigger threat to pakistan today....... Once they are done with TTP, then one need to see how they handle the organisations which are India specific.......This game is one of the most complicated game, and they know that it is not easy handling them..... The moment you plan to go against them then you will see them turning the gun back at you.........

To make things more complicated we have a global monster called IS which is growing at alarming rate...

Sir we have no confirmation not the proof that Pakistan played any game but in that case India should learn from our mistakes and must stop playing alleged game through proxies.

Sir we have no confirmation not the proof that Pakistan played any game but in that case India should learn from our mistakes and must stop playing alleged game through proxies.

It is easy to wake up a person who is sleeping, But It is very difficult to wake up some one who is acting to be sleeping........

Rest of the part, Common Indian will not support any such designs, and GoI knows that.....

It is easy to wake up a person who is sleeping, But It is very difficult to wake up some one who is acting to be sleeping........

Rest of the part, Common Indian will not support any such designs, and GoI knows that.....
Very well said but can be apply on both sides. from my side i know and believe in truth.

The leader of Khalistan movement was killed in golden temple including the army commander of Khalsa force and at the time of Rajeev type PM i doubt about any valuable leader who survived the op beside that hanging of Khalistan terrorist is still pending .[/

Washington, Jan 24 (PTI) In a strong message, US President Barack Obama told Pakistan today that it "can and must" take more effective action against terrorist groups operating from its soil by "delegitimising, disrupting and dismantling" terror networks there.
Describing the terror attack on the IAF base in Pathankot as "another example of the inexcusable terrorism that India has endured for too long", Obama gave credit to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for reaching out to his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif after the attack.
"Both leaders are advancing a dialogue on how to confront violent extremism and terrorism across the region," Obama told PTI in an interview here during which he answered a wide range of questions covering Indo-US ties, terrorism and outcome of the Paris climate change summit.
Voicing his belief that the Indo-US relationship can be one of the defining partnerships of the century, Obama said that Modi shared his enthusiasm for a strong partnership and "we have developed a friendship and close working relationship, including our conversations on the new secure lines between our offices".
Asked if the relationship has achieved its full potential, the President replied, "Absolutely not."
On the Pathankot attack, Obama said, "We join India in condemning the attack, saluting the Indians who fought to prevent more loss of life and extending our condolences to the victims and their families.
"Tragedies like this also underscore why the US and India continue to be such close partners in fighting terrorism."
Obama was of the view that Sharif recognised that insecurity in Pakistan is a threat to its own stability and that of the region. After the December, 2014 school massacre in Peshawar he had vowed to target all militants, regardless of their agenda or affiliation.
"That is the right policy. Since then, we have seen Pakistan take action against several specific groups. We have also seen continued terrorism inside Pakistan such as the recent attack on the university in north west Pakistan."
The President said that he still believed that "Pakistan can and must" take more effective action against terrorist groups that operate from its territory.
"Pakistan has an opportunity to show that it is serious about delegitimising, disrupting and dismantling terrorist networks. In the region and around the world, there must be zero tolerance for safe havens and terrorists must be brought to justice," he asserted in this third interview to PTI.

We are finishing terrorist in slow pace and US creating terrorist in fast pace. US please slow your pace

LoL if Pakistan Pakistn was offering a multi billion dollar deals for subs and fighter craft then French would be licking our asses as well. As soon as deal is done you will see their true face. As for now Aamericans and French want the billions of dollars in defense equipment so they will sell even their mothers to get those deal. You people are getting happy over bunch of statements at a cost of overly priced equipments. Bravo.
As soon as deal is done then they will show you how much they love to bend you all backwards.
French were singing the same tune with pakistan and at one point even floated the Bull shit idea of Civil Nuclear deal when we were planning to acquire Jet engines, Radars and Scorpenes.

Difference is the striking power gap between India vs French and French vs Pak .
India is major power .We have our own plus points .

I think slowly and steadily Pakistan has learnt that this game is harming them more than anyone else....... And they have been working on them and i guess the first stop is TTP which is bigger threat to pakistan today....... Once they are done with TTP, then one need to see how they handle the organisations which are India specific....
innocent post but lovely

in order to handle TTP and BLA successfully. we will need Indian and Afghan Help.. in return India has the right to expect the correct Handling of LeT.

but what we see is the opposite policy here we are getting no relief whatsoever so the game goes on.. we are busy fighting with a monster which has no history in Kashmir or Afghanistan , its leadership has no history prior to 9/11 and you guys expect us to ignore TTP and attack those that have not attacked us and since we dont follow your sincere and well meaning "advice"... we get video threats from accross Afghanistan promising more attacks on our schools

business as usual I say. Thanks Deval Ji.. you continue your work we will continue ours.. and the Moral brigade will continue with its selective criticism

I am not from those breed who believes that we are saints......

innocent post but lovely

in order to handle TTP and BLA successfully. we will need Indian and Afghan Help.. in return India has the right to expect the correct Handling of LeT.

but what we see is the opposite policy here we are getting no relief whatsoever so the game goes on.. we are busy fighting with a monster which has no history in Kashmir or Afghanistan , its leadership has no history prior to 9/11 and you guys expect us to ignore TTP and attack those that have not attacked us and since we dont follow your sincere and well meaning "advice"... we get video threats from accross Afghanistan promising more attacks on our schools

business as usual I say. Thanks Deval Ji.. you continue your work we will continue ours.. and the Moral brigade will continue with its selective criticism

Obama gives Pakistan billions of dollars and weapons. Now puts humourous statements in last year if his Presidency.

Difference is the striking power gap between India vs French and French vs Pak .
India is major power .We have our own plus points .

You are dillusional if you think westren care about you out of goodness of their hearts. There is no striking power gap as each nation is equiped to teeth according to their own requirement. Sure major power lol just like the dude in your profile pic once said that india will be a super power by 2012. Seriously i dont know why you people embarass yourself by saying such stupid things. India will become a global power in due time so dont cry foul so much that when time actually comes then no one is willing to believe you.

You are dillusional if you think westren care about you out of goodness of their hearts. There is no striking power gap as each nation is equiped to teeth according to their own requirement. Sure major power lol just like the dude in your profile pic once said that india will be a super power by 2012. Seriously i dont know why you people embarass yourself by saying such stupid things. India will become a global power in due time so dont cry foul so much that when time actually comes then no one is willing to believe you.
We dont need anyone good certificate .
Military is not the only option .
But diplomacy and economy and Pakistan is nothing in that field against India .
The guy in my profile is a legend , a true legend that teached us how to see great dreams .
He founded our missile development journey through perfect administrative abilities .
He transformed us from a nation that struggled due to Pakistan to far powerful than any one in South Asia .In that sense he was right when we consider the condition of both nation in 2012.

India is already major power and other nations will believe our words .
But can you say same about Pakistan ?:sarcastic:

Pakistan was suffering from indian sponsored terrorism. We are already improving inn our economy every passing year. Secondly we have no dillusions about being supa powa so we dont care as long as indians stay out of our buisness. Pakistan would be the last nation to want weapons and nuke but only bcz of india we had to equip ourselves. Go look at statements by your leaders then talk about diplomacy. You people cant even sleep without swearing at Pakistanis.

Major power like i said yeah sure. A delusional nation with worlds largest amount of poor and major power what an irony if true.

True you dont need a certificate bcz no one will ever certify your non sense

Sir, please. Once from the farm, always connected to the farm.

only death severs this link. he says it himself. before writing anything about agency he sends it for approval and screening. he is very much part of it and proud of his agency.

when I presented your "approved" media link you came with another apology. I can link more people (all Americans, civilians, generals and western mainstream media interviews) to substantiate from Marine colonels to Generals like Wesley Clark. people who dont follow the popular view and give you an excuse to disagree.
what a tragedy...
dosru ko Nasihat khud mia fasihat.

Gentlemen, any comments? :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...supervisor-openly-calls-war-Sunnis-Shias.html

"A CIA official nicknamed the 'Queen of Torture' secretly married a former supervisor who openly called for war between the Sunnis and Shias.

Alfreda, whose last name authorities are taking pains to protect, is believed to have married Michael Scheuer, who was her boss in the 1990s, more than a year ago. Mr Scheuer confirmed the wedlock to BuzzFeed but the website said he would not comment on whether they were romantically involved when they worked together.

The couple is steeped in controversy with Alfreda allegedly watching torture sessions.

It has also previously been reported that she may have failed to give information to the FBI that could have led to the capture of the group planning the 9/11 attack. The 50-year-old is said to be the inspiration for the female CIA agent played by Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty.

Mr Scheuer, meanwhile, was criticised after he wrote on his website that there should be a 'regional Sunni-Shia war'. The 63-year-old, who previously led an anti-Osama Bin Laden Unit, added that in the event of such a war 'our enemies will merrily kill each other until well after the cows come home'."

Gentlemen, any comments? :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...supervisor-openly-calls-war-Sunnis-Shias.html

"A CIA official nicknamed the 'Queen of Torture' secretly married a former supervisor who openly called for war between the Sunnis and Shias.

Alfreda, whose last name authorities are taking pains to protect, is believed to have married Michael Scheuer, who was her boss in the 1990s, more than a year ago. Mr Scheuer confirmed the wedlock to BuzzFeed but the website said he would not comment on whether they were romantically involved when they worked together.

The couple is steeped in controversy with Alfreda allegedly watching torture sessions.

It has also previously been reported that she may have failed to give information to the FBI that could have led to the capture of the group planning the 9/11 attack. The 50-year-old is said to be the inspiration for the female CIA agent played by Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty.

Mr Scheuer, meanwhile, was criticised after he wrote on his website that there should be a 'regional Sunni-Shia war'. The 63-year-old, who previously led an anti-Osama Bin Laden Unit, added that in the event of such a war 'our enemies will merrily kill each other until well after the cows come home'."
before I answer the question please do tell he was criticised by whom? my mother in law? please tell him dont give a flying F. wait ... I already told him

want my comments?

not sure how your post is related to the subject apart from the ex-CIA you seem to trying to discredit.

his comments go well with his non-intervention campaign. He explains why America is hated & how Israel & KSA are its two biggest enemies.

I won’t comment on torture queen jibe because its pathetic and disappointing coming from you. the alleged blame of a CIA agent not informing FBI is so retarded that I feel that I am losing my IQ having to explain to you for the sake of audience that it is outrageous & Ludacris. There is proper protocol & official channels & designated persons to share such leads. you cant just pick up the phone and call the FBI hotline if the kind of information you possess is due to your field of work. you will tell your boss and he will talk to his counterpart in the sister agency.

as an American patriot, who pulls no punches, Michael is correct in his view about dealing with the issue of Middle east. So yes, he is right

let the shias & sunnis beat the hell out of each other & if Israelis want to jump in then good for them.

PS I follow the guy on twitter & facebook

before I answer the question please do tell he was criticised by whom? my mother in law? please tell him dont give a flying F. wait ... I already told him

want my comments?

not sure how your post is related to the subject apart from the ex-CIA you seem to trying to discredit.

his comments go well with his non-intervention campaign. He explains why America is hated & how Israel & KSA are its two biggest enemies.

I won’t comment on torture queen jibe because its pathetic and disappointing coming from you. the alleged blame of a CIA agent not informing FBI is so retarded that I feel that I am losing my IQ having to explain to you for the sake of audience that it is outrageous & Ludacris. There is proper protocol & official channels & designated persons to share such leads. you cant just pick up the phone and call the FBI hotline if the kind of information you possess is due to your field of work. you will tell your boss and he will talk to his counterpart in the sister agency.

as an American patriot, who pulls no punches, Michael is correct in his view about dealing with the issue of Middle east. So yes, he is right

let the shias & sunnis beat the hell out of each other & if Israelis want to jump in then good for them.

PS I follow the guy on twitter & facebook

Sir, I have not said anything to discredit him, I am just referring to a news story in the media, that is all.

I am not interested in his private life at all, but his views as they relate to the region, including Pakistan and its fight with terrorism, hence the post. If you agree with his rather alarming views, please do keep in mind that a wider Shia-Sunni conflict has the potential to wrap up Pakistan within its maelstrom too.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom