What's new

Pakistan buys Chinese subs to counter India 'threats'

This is a smart move by Pakistan. Surface ships hardly have any chance against the mighty Indian navy with Brahmos like missile.

Had Pakistan bought French Subs, It would have cause more concern for India.

Yes we know that. Nuclear Submarines are a lot more noisier compared with AIP/Diesel Submarines.....:lol:

Good view .keep it up.Also good for us.First buy a nuclear submarine then talk about its properties.:lol::lol:

Good view .keep it up.Also good for us.First buy a nuclear submarine then talk about its properties.:lol::lol:

We don't intend to buy one. We are in process of making one.

But it is a fact that Diesel/AIP Subs are lot more quieter than Nuclear Submarines.

I can tell you are clueless when it comes to Submarines, otherwise you would have already known this fact.

We don't intend to buy one. We are in process of making one.

But it is a fact that Diesel/AIP Subs are lot more quieter than Nuclear Submarines.

I can tell you are clueless when it comes to Submarines, otherwise you would have already known this fact.

No one need a sixth sense to know this fact.It takes 25 years of effort for commisioning INS Arihant.
Pakistan may need too much stress,time and money for the completion of a nuclear submarine.IF you get Chinese help then it may lot easier but I have also doubt about it.Even China cant complete their requirements after all these years effort ,even if they make good development recently.
And there is a reason why USN still possessing Nuke Subs instead of AIP or advanced diesel.You are right.It is quieter but what extend.Nuclear Submarines and its systems are class high technology .Thats why major navies in all around the world still prefer Nuclear Submarines .

No one need a sixth sense to know this fact.It takes 25 years of effort for commisioning INS Arihant.
Pakistan may need too much stress,time and money for the completion of a nuclear submarine.IF you get Chinese help then it may lot easier but I have also doubt about it.Even China cant complete their requirements after all these years effort ,even if they make good development recently.
And there is a reason why USN still possessing Nuke Subs instead of AIP or advanced diesel.You are right.It is quieter but what extend. Nuclear Submarines and its systems are class high technology .Thats why major navies in all around the world still prefer Nuclear Submarines .

The only reason countries like the US prefer Nuclear Submarines over Diesel/AIP is because they are " BLUE WATER " Navy. Pakistan uses Submarines for defensive purposes to deny Coastal Waters upto 500 miles from our Coast and protect our commercial lanes and Diesel/AIP get the job done much better.

Again you re a novice and it is like talking to a School kid and I don't want to waste my time to educate you. What high Technological advantage are you referring to ?

The only reason countries like the US prefer Nuclear Submarines over Diesel/AIP is because they are " BLUE WATER " Navy. Pakistan uses Submarines for defensive purposes to deny Coastal Waters upto 500 miles from our Coast and protect our commercial lanes and Diesel/AIP get the job done much better.

Again you re a novice and it is like talking to a School kid and I don't want to waste my time to educate you. What high Technological advantage are you referring to ?

May you are a submariner or something like that.But I got a brief lecture from a Navy Captain in my engineering days when I participated in a seminar .He also figure out the point you mentioned .But at the end Nuclear Subs is way ahead compare to any other systems.He dont told us about specs.But except its long lasting endurance .Nuke Sub also has other special technologies .
And I am sure he know about Subs like you or more than you.After all he was a captain in Indian Navy who commanded a submarine.
And India aim for a Blue Water navy .You already know that.

Last edited:
May you are a submariner or something like that.But I got a brief lecture from a Navy Captain in my engineering days when I participated in a seminar .He also figure out the point you mentioned .But at the end Nuclear Subs is way ahead compare to any other systems.He dont told us about specs.But except its long lasting endurance .Nuke Sub also has other special technologies .
And I am sure he know about Subs like you or more than you.After all he was a captain in an Indian Navy who commanded a submarine.
And India aim for a Blue Water navy .You already know that.

The only advantage a nuclear sub hS over a modern disel/electric sub has is endurance .. But again it has to come to surface for replenishment of food, water etc.. Also a nuclear sub is noisy as compared to a conventional sub .. Not to forget tht AIP itself increase endurance of subs which we are getting for these new. Subs.. Jus like our agostas are equipped with MESMA AIP..

The only advantage a nuclear sub hS over a modern disel/electric sub has is endurance .. But again it has to come to surface for replenishment of food, water etc.. Also a nuclear sub is noisy as compared to a conventional sub .. Not to forget tht AIP itself increase endurance of subs which we are getting for these new. Subs.. Jus like our agostas are equipped with MESMA AIP..

But how much? Can you argue that the advantage of Nuke just confined to its endurance.?I dont think so.
Technology is evolving.Blue water ambitions of USN not deter them from developing AIP for their Navy .But still they prefer
Nuclear Submarines.And I think there is something special about it.
And AIP technology is still evolving .Agostas AIP is becoming obsolete technology.We are now completing next generation AIP for Scorpenes.

But how much? Can you argue that the advantage of Nuke just confined to its endurance.?I dont think so.
Technology is evolving.Blue water ambitions of USN not deter them from developing AIP for their Navy .But still they prefer
Nuclear Submarines.And I think there is something special about it.
And AIP technology is still evolving .Agostas AIP is becoming obsolete technology.We are now completing next generation AIP for Scorpenes.
Lmaoooooooo .. The same MESMA AIP was offered to India by France ..:lol: even the combat system SUBTICS (which we built under tot)..

As for choosing nuclear subs over diesel or electrical lol.. Are you comparing India with usn? USA stopped building diesel subs decades ago .. And yes nuclear subs are noisy as compared to modern subs n enjoy only endurance advantage and do read about AIP technology and it's effects on endurance of a sub.

Lmaoooooooo .. The same MESMA AIP was offered to India by France ..:lol: even the combat system SUBTICS (which we built under tot)..

As for choosing nuclear subs over diesel or electrical lol.. Are you comparing India with usn? USA stopped building diesel subs decades ago .. And yes nuclear subs are noisy as compared to modern subs n enjoy only endurance advantage and do read about AIP technology and it's effects on endurance of a sub.

Wrong .AIP offered to India is a slightly advanced than Pakistan.Yet according to Defence Minister Mr AK Antony .Prototype demonstartion of Indian AIP will commence in 2015
DRDO Developing Air Independent Propulsion for Indian Submarines
I compared IN with USN not for strength measuring .But for technological advancement.US Navy is the sole force that carry most advanced technology and weapons than any other country.But they choose Nuclear instead of AIP .Thats what I am talking about.They may use that nuclear subs AIP when time comes.AIP is good .But most of the countries prefer Nuclear over AIP.That is what I am talking about.Scorpenes are quite advanced than Agosta class subs

But that may not enough.By 2020 our 5 scorpene submarines (half of them may be AIP) will induct.We have already two nuclear submarines ,another one also purchase from Russia.INS Aridhaman construction is now in top gear.We planned 6 nuke subs and by 2020 you can see at least 3 indigenous submarines in IN.Now some submarines already in our arsenal may upgrade.A new indigenous SSN also is in pipeline.It work already started.
In addition to this we have advanced indigenous ASW corvette with stealth chara.A fleet of Poseidon P-8i is also in hands of IN.
So I already told thats may not enough.
Its not about how many you will have its about how many will be accident free

Admiral Bhagwat to Admiral Joshi, bad 15 years for Indian Navy

indian_navy.jpg

It has seen 21 chiefs in the last 60 years. But, the Navy has not always been a quiet, non-controversial organization.

Its not about how many you will have its about how many will be accident free

indian_navy.jpg

It has seen 21 chiefs in the last 60 years. But, the Navy has not always been a quiet, non-controversial organization.

Back
Top Bottom