What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the training in the west is extremely focussed on tactics in netcentric warfare. It is no longer the real dogfight but the node... It is better to train that on computers then go up in air with that many planes. Pakistan has not been part of that development and kept the local need of a2a proficiency high. Certainly with the lack of BVR equipped fighter jets.

The aim of USAF is to have air superiority in all imaginable scenarios in any region of the world and that too on short notice. They also have a variety of numerous assets available to them via which they can perform all imaginable missions. With this much of workload it is not only necessary to hone your piloting skills but also train to utilize all that available strategic assets to their effective and maximum use. For that simulators is the most effective way to go.

PAF on the other hand has only one major enemy which is right next to us. So our doctrine and work is cut out for us and focused on India only. However, now PAF also possess AWACS and is taking the C4I capability seriously to respond effectively against IAF misadventures. It is good to know that PAF has invested in the Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Range and is taking this aspect of the warfare seriously.

@raazh Sure, I think it is obvious that USA wants that. But they have a rigid system. The moment you do something that they did not train... And with overwhelming force anyone can win.I do not think we can say that the USA achieved top scores in equal opponent scenario... I mean, let them fight N v N... You can kiss their tactics goodbye.

The aim of USAF is to have air superiority in all imaginable scenarios in any region of the world and that too on short notice. They also have a variety of numerous assets available to them via which they can perform all imaginable missions. With this much of workload it is not only necessary to hone your piloting skills but also train to utilize all that available strategic assets to their effective and maximum use. For that simulators is the most effective way to go.

PAF on the other hand has only one major enemy which is right next to us. So our doctrine and work is cut out for us and focused on India only. However, now PAF also possess AWACS and is taking the C4I capability seriously to respond effectively against IAF misadventures. It is good to know that PAF has invested in the Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Range and is taking this aspect of the warfare seriously.

The aim of USAF is to achieve air dominance, not mere superiority.

@raazh Sure, I think it is obvious that USA wants that. But they have a rigid system. The moment you do something that they did not train... And with overwhelming force anyone can win. I do not think we can say that the USA achieved top scores in equal opponent scenario... I mean, let them fight N v N... You can kiss their tactics goodbye.

I am sure it could be said for all the Airforces; if your not prepared then you are at the mercy of your opponent. that is why training aspect is the most important strength.

Fortunately for the USAF, they have not encountered anything equal since the great WW2. Even in the Vietnam war, I would say that the gap was very big; although the Vietnames did put up strong resistance. After that the gap got wider and wider ..

I have read BR a few times but it is so pathetic. I had a once a friend who did some exploring on their servers and found out who these people really are. I posted the pictures and everyone was shut up there. The BR guys are not only f ugly but brain dead. They have no background bot knowledge of technology... These morons see LCA as one generation ahead of block52. These gus still think they are ahead of China. These guys really think they are a superpowah... And that Makhi is the best plane ever build. C'mon, I know they are here on this forum on (just like any other forum) using western names. But there is a reason I ignore their ID... Jus a waste of time. I rather travel to an exhibition and talk to their manufactures. I take a close look at the product. I analyze the data. I do not need to communicate to fanboys. Call me arrogant... It is who I am after 15 years internet. ;)

@Munir, To me BR is nothing more than a Zoo with just one certain breed of animals.

Anyways the good news is Alan Warnes is currently in Pakistan again, hence expect some goodies in the coming weeks covering both the exercise and the additional F-16 induction plus all other related items.

I am fan of Alan but the issue is that times have changed. Let say back in the 80's I went to the library to read aviation magazines. Every word, every picture was interesting. in the early 90's there were a few professional active on the net. I have tons of magazines from the 90's till 2005. After that the level of reporting went ultra low. The pictures are nice but you can find a lot more and a lot better in the net. Not only ones a month but every second. So I had a talk with Alan about developments in his field and he mentioned his internet info magazine. Still I miss one development. With no one going into technical details one get enormous bored reading the info. And with posters these days we get the info almost real time.

I agree no one likes their secrets printed but there is so much to write about tactics, technical aspects etc They tried once to print something about WVR and promised more... It never happened. I would now write about EASE, how ECM works etc etc

I hear you but then certain information only comes through journalists like Alan Warnes, the PAF F-16s taking out the Saudi F-15s and Typhoons for example which the DMA may not have disclosed to anyone else, more over it was one certain source who told me how the RAF Typhoons whacked the Indian MKIs, in fact that gentleman even had the privilege to see the EFT. HUD video.

Stick to topic please

Accepted. ;)

Anyway. There is a change of strategic warfare inside Pakistan. The USA stopped drones. We will remove insurgents inside Pakistan. In that respect those tested F16's from Jordan are contributing already. And very very effective. Pakistan zindabad.

Last edited:
@Munir

Its being said that if we put the 19th sq F-16s through MLU-MIII to bring them upto date with the rest of the fleet it still would be within FMS allocation. Is this true?

@Munir

Its being said that if we put the 19th sq F-16s through MLU-MIII to bring them upto date with the rest of the fleet it still would be within FMS allocation. Is this true?

Aeronaut saheb, we bought the MLU packages already some time ago. The project can be done in Pakistan. We have received training from our brothers in Turkey. So the financing is pretty clear ;)

Aeronaut saheb, we bought the MLU packages already some time ago. The project can be done in Pakistan. We have received training from our brothers in Turkey. So the financing is pretty clear ;)

Are you telling me that we can carry out MLU-MIII at PAC with imported kits ?

AFAIK, these jets carry AN/APG66 and are suitable for air defense roles with limited precision strike capabilities. They also lack JHMCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom