What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ask me this is not a new Jordanian one but mlu'ed one parkes indide the Shahbaz hangars... :)

will these newly buy F-16s become blk 52 ? like we are on process of our 36 ?

Calm down joe. India is the only country that poses significant threat to Pakistan. Who else can rival Pakistan in this region. Afghanistan? Iran? Bangladesh?.
We have no other security threats than India and to some extant US. But any threat from US can only be resolved diplomatically and impossible militarily exept after blowing away half of our country.
India is the only significant rival to Pakistan Militarily. We are already above other military threats like afghanistan.
So yes. Any PAF strategy will focus india Alone.And mind it that is 4th strongest armed force of the world india
4th Largest = Yes.
4th Strongest = No

why jordan selling these jets at nominal price when they have 20 years left in them ?

Budget problems, plus who are they going to fight? They might procure another fighter later on, and they still are retaining the newer F-16s.

@Windjammer...all these pilots are wearing 19 sqn patches. But previously 19 sqn did not have F-16's.

So did these pilots first get F-16 training or were they deputed from other squadrons?

@Windjammer...all these pilots are wearing 19 sqn patches. But previously 19 sqn did not have F-16's.

So did these pilots first get F-16 training or were they deputed from other squadrons?

Good question, they might have been deputed. Perhaps underwent training within PAF. If they underwent training, then that indicates the deal was in the making for 6 months or more, since they need that much time to get to know how to fly a new type of aircraft.

You know i raised the same point that the squadron must have already transitioned to F-16s but i believe @Munir was of opinion that they must have deputed from other squadrons, i also read something to effect that PAF has about three pilots to each aircraft.

You know i raised the same point that the squadron must have already transitioned to F-16s but i believe @Munir was of opinion that they must have deputed from other squadrons, i also read something to effect that PAF has about three pilots to each aircraft.

@Windjammer, as far as I know there are regular PAF personnel posted in Jordan. The Airforce branch is well known part for us.I heard several years ago that we maintained and trained Jordan military to fly and maintain their F16's. You think we just have that much personnel? Yes we do. You will see double number of people compared with others. And each of them is to be worthy double of the person in the west. It is maybe shocking to some but we can do a lot more magic then often thought.

@Windjammer : You just amaze me with these pics.

@Imran Khan : Do not underestimate the upgrade of these after they landed on Pak soil. You get block52 for price less then Jf17 block 1! I was not happy in the beginning but now I know what we can do I am favoring one more squadron. And one refueler.

@Windjammer, as far as I know there are regular PAF personnel posted in Jordan. The Airforce branch is well known part for us.I heard several years ago that we maintained and trained Jordan military to fly and maintain their F16's. You think we just have that much personnel? Yes we do. You will see double number of people compared with others. And each of them is to be worthy double of the person in the west. It is maybe shocking to some but we can do a lot more magic then often thought.
@Munir, as a PAF guy once told me, in the West, a lot of training is done on simulators, where as in PAF they have to go up in the air.... or as the saying goes, actual training is better than coaching.
@Windjammer : You just amaze me with these pics.

Bus sir, aap ki badhshai mein hakoomat kar rahey hain. :-)

@Munir, as a PAF guy once told me, in the West, a lot of training is done on simulators, where as in PAF they have to go up in the air.... or as the saying goes, actual training is better than coaching.

Bus sir, aap ki badhshai mein hakoomat kar rahey hain. :-)

I think the training in the west is extremely focussed on tactics in netcentric warfare. It is no longer the real dogfight but the node... It is better to train that on computers then go up in air with that many planes. Pakistan has not been part of that development and kept the local need of a2a proficiency high. Certainly with the lack of BVR equipped fighter jets.

I have to agree with the fact that real flying is better then a sim but do not underestimate the training effects for netcentric warfare. If you look at the development of cockpits you do see the bang bang after F16 cockpit towards JSF cockpit. Extremely based on netcentric warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom