What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not possible, Lala!

Are you telling me that we can carry out MLU-MIII at PAC with imported kits ?

AFAIK, these jets carry AN/APG66 and are suitable for air defense roles with limited precision strike capabilities. They also lack JHMCS.

I hear you but then certain information only comes through journalists like Alan Warnes, the PAF F-16s taking out the Saudi F-15s and Typhoons for example which the DMA may not have disclosed to anyone else, more over it was one certain source who told me how the RAF Typhoons whacked the Indian MKIs, in fact that gentleman even had the privilege to see the EFT. HUD video.

@Windjammer The information that they beaten consistently does not say anything technical. Which setup or what was the reason behind it? What kind of tactics etc. So indeed it says something but at the same time nothing.

I am kind of engineer that wants to understand why and not just an appetizer. Alan agreed with my opinion so I am still waiting for changes. Well, he is in Pakistan right now. 47 C... He is that often there... He must be used to the weather.

AFAIK, these jets carry AN/APG66 and are suitable for air defense roles with limited precision strike capabilities. They also lack JHMCS.

I do not use those words but my friend, you know the number of packets we bought... 60... We still have some spares... Btw we just ordered some more sniper pods.

@Munir

Its not a new order AFAIK. Its a contract for maintainence of Sniper pods.

10341748_761163257262387_4197153620693652337_n.jpg
good bye dear f-7

Would love to see in a museum here in the west... J6 is nice but J7 is nicer....

@Munir

Its not a new order AFAIK. Its a contract for maintainence of Sniper pods.

Hi,

I think someone posted the contract here, it said the company was awarded contract to supply new pods and also a package for their maintenance. I suppose the older pods came with their own support package?

@Munir sahib can perhaps clarify.

Even if we have to obtain new MLU kits, it shouldn't be a problem, since PAF already operates 3 squadrons of jets that are more advanced (As USA agreed to it) and also the AIM120 which was allowed. So no point in stopping MLU upgrades for these jets. Least case, it's their own companies getting the cash, so they would lobby quietly.

I thought it was a new order where commercial parties were sought to produce Sniper pods for a number of foreign customers for the USA.

When are we getting more surplus equipment ??? we have not gotten anything from USA in while , OBAMA where are you my brother

I would have imagined Obama would have annouced a cooperation package of 30 F16 and 30 Super Cobras

Tuxedo ki ksaam , we need those F16 more then ever

@Windjammer The information that they beaten consistently does not say anything technical. Which setup or what was the reason behind it? What kind of tactics etc. So indeed it says something but at the same time nothing.
@Munir

This is as much as i could dig out.

''They were all WVR; missile-lock and gun-locks (the latter being most difficult). The max engagement that was done was 8 vs 8 . Almost every pilot scored a kill during second exercise with SA.''

@Munir

This is as much as i could dig out.

''They were all WVR; missile-lock and gun-locks (the latter being most difficult). The max engagement that was done was 8 vs 8 . Almost every pilot scored a kill during second exercise with SA.''

Between you and me... EF2000 not able to use speed against F16? The EF2000 idea is to stay high on kinetic and not go into WVR. And then be able to handle higher G (fluid suit) tells me that it diverted from the best tactics it could use. In BVR it has more BVR. Better radar. Better ECM (even towed decoy).

And in WVR... HMS and Erieye is deadly against non AIM9X...

Still thanks. Interesting. Your pictures and information does make you rethink. :)

On the others hand. I would bet on it. I trust PAF pilots and know what they achieved in the past. There not 9-5 sunny day pilots. They are hardcore pilots that will go beyond anything. I doubt that anyone will do so much to safe their plane and fight as the better one then anyone else.

Between you and me... EF2000 not able to use speed against F16? The EF2000 idea is to stay high on kinetic and not go into WVR. And then be able to handle higher G (fluid suit) tells me that it diverted from the best tactics it could use. In BVR it has more BVR. Better radar. Better ECM (even towed decoy).

And in WVR... HMS and Erieye is deadly against non AIM9X...

Still thanks. Interesting. Your pictures and information does make you rethink. :)

On the others hand. I would bet on it. I trust PAF pilots and know what they achieved in the past. There not 9-5 sunny day pilots. They are hardcore pilots that will go beyond anything. I doubt that anyone will do so much to safe their plane and fight as the better one then anyone else.
I thought you would raise the question, since PAF participated with only six, how did they then managed 8 V 8. :p:

That's the current OC 9 Sqn WC Omer Shah, the one who performed the air display at Sargodha during the re-equipment ceremony of 19 Sqn. Here he's with Alan Warnes for an earlier aerial shoot.

Wasn't that the JF17 fotoshoot?
Well, I know a bunch of guys who are lucky to get rides in the backseat... But one has to be very very very very very very very lucky and have some good good good good networking capabilities...

Wasn't that the JF17 fotoshoot?
Well, I know a bunch of guys who are lucky to get rides in the backseat... But one has to be very very very very very very very lucky and have some good good good good networking capabilities...
Yes it was for JF-17 live bombing shoot during Highmark, earlier i got mixed up with W/C Sulhery, who also took Alan Warnes for a fotoshoot sortie but that was for Alan's book on the PAF.
As for getting a ride in the back seat, we all saw what happened to Talat Hussain, in fact what happened to him off-camera was even worse.

Well, i would not mind getting a taxi ride in our f16's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom