What's new

Pakistan buys 13 F16 from Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was for JF-17 live bombing shoot during Highmark, earlier i got mixed up with W/C Sulhery, who also took Alan Warnes for a fotoshoot sortie but that was for Alan's book on the PAF.
As for getting a ride in the back seat, we all saw what happened to Talat Hussain, in fact what happened to him off-camera was even worse.

Lol why what happened?

10418329_768912969820749_6549349164386053110_n.jpg

The Total Acquisition cost of Jordan for 16 units of Peace Falcon-I F-16 block-15 OCU (upgraded to ADF) was $ 220 million (13.750 Avg.) including additional items as mention under, but on average the actual acquisition cost for every single bird was around $10.815 million during 1997 & 1998 see the table attached below (column: Unit Acquisition Value) or download the Excess Defense Articles report from the website of Defence Security Cooperation Agency USA

Jordanian F-16 Peace Falcon-I (EDA).JPG

On July 29th, 1996, a $220 million agreement was signed between the United States and Jordan authorizing the lease of 16 F-16 fighter jets (12 F-16A and 4 F-16B aircraft) to Jordan.

The agreement consisted of two lease contracts and a Letter of Offer and Acceptance (LoA). The first lease was a no-cost lease for Jordan, covering 13 aircraft (12 A models and 1 B model, block 15 OCU's that were modified into ADF (Air Defense Fighters) versions. Under the Arms Export Control Act, the DOD was able to provide these aircraft at a no-cost lease because they had flown off over 75 percent of their life (i.e. more than 3,000 hour). Three of the B-model aircraft still had more than 25 percent of their life left and they fall under the second $4.5 million lease. Both leases cover a 5 year period. The LOA is for $215 million, covering all costs associated with upgrading those aircraft, doing the structural modifications to them, the engine upgrades, providing the support equipment, the logistics, the training.

F-16 Air Forces - Jordan

The Foreign Military Sales case, JO-D-SME, worth over $215 million, is for the purchase of support equipment, spares, and other related equipment to support sixteen leased F-l6s. The case supports two lease agreements. The first agreement is a five-year no-cost lease for twelve F-16A aircraft, one F-16B aircraft, four F100-PW-200 engines, sixty-two pieces of support equipment, 1420 reparable items, and eight maintenance-training devices. These items were all deemed to have exceeded 75 percent of their service life and under provisions in the Arms Export Control Act [§6l(a), AECA], could be "leased" at no cost, i.e., without requiring reimbursement for depreciation during the leased period. The second agreement provides a three-year lease for the remaining three F-16B aircraft. Reimbursement for depreciation costs is required for these aircraft since they each have more than 25 percent of their service life remaining. This lease is valued at $1.6 million.

The case also includes:

Structural Modification of the Aircraft

Modifications to the F100-PW-220E Engines

Aircraft Ground Support Equipment and Aircraft Spares

Alternate Mission Equipment

Engine Support Equipment and Engine Spares

Support Vehicles

Training Munitions

Precision Measuring Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) Equipment

Technical Orders and other Technical Data

ln-Country Logistical, Training, and Engineering Support

Pilot and Maintenance Training

Post-Program Engineering Support

Facility Design Services.
http://www.disam.dsca.mil/pubs/21_1/Phillips.pdf

After 16 years of services in Jordan these birds should cost less, I would appreciate if someone can make a calculated guess about the acquisition cost of these F-16s for PAF using the above figures, my personal guess is around $ 5-8 million for every bird on average, almost one-third of the cost of JF-17 block -1.

Last edited:
@Munir, To me BR is nothing ................additional F-16 induction plus all other related items.

From news reports of Jordanian F16s, it seemed more may be coming after the 13 are inducted ( I may be wrong). Any news regarding that or any chance of new F16s from the US? Thanks.

i hope more do come there are so many surplus F-16s around and the USA owes Pakistan allot. they should give a batch to the PAF which they didn't get back in the 90s because of the pressler amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom