What's new

PAKISTAN: BENAZIR RULES OUT DEAL WITH MUSHARRAF

Zeeshan S.

Reaction score
PAKISTAN: BENAZIR RULES OUT DEAL WITH MUSHARRAF

Islamabad, 19 April (AKI/DAWN) - Pakistan People’s Party chairperson Benazir Bhutto on Wednesday talked to Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) Senator Ishaq Dar by telephone in Dubai, assuring him that her party would not strike any deal with the Musharraf regime and media reports in this regard were untrue, sources told Pakistani daily Dawn. The sources said Bhutto contacted Senator Dar after receiving information that the PML-N leadership was perturbed over reports regarding a possible deal between the PPP and President Pervez Musharraf, particularly after publication of her interview in a British daily
They said the former prime minister had clarified her position and assured Dar that the PPP was committed to every word of the Charter of Democracy. She said she had directed her party leadership to counter the government’s ‘disinformation campaign’.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Politics&loid=8.0.406335771&par=0

Mushie has an egg on his face; especially after all the build up and hype over his 'deal' ..

Mushie has an egg on his face; especially after all the build up and hype over his 'deal' ..

How so? Maybe he did not give in to BB's unreasonable demands...or maybe BB is buying time before she officially announces some arrangement. The fat lady has not sung as of yet....Musharraf would be the last to have an egg on his face.

Mushi adopted stickNcarrot policy. But Mushi might get successful in making PPP forward block, before election.

Mushy was getting a lot of heat because of the deal too. I'm kinda glad if its ruled out.

Well if she keeps on dressing like this Musharaf might make a different deal with her.:lol: :chilli:

e9210ddd434bf2def387d54b687e8519.jpg

Naugthy Naughty! Who is that.. doesn't look like Benzair.

OOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGGG......guys this is Benazir?.....she has my vote....if she come like this.....Murad seriously she is BIBI....????...Mushi will cut any deal any where any time....

Murad Sir,

I have heard Men go naughty at old age, that pic has been discussed to death; and she is a lebanese woman.

Benazir at LSE
Sunday April 29, 2007 (0525 PST)

I had the displeasure of listening to Benazir Bhutto at the London School of Economics. It was interesting to see amongst current students and fellow alumni a coterie of her supporters applaud everything she said regardless of its content. The speech was nothing more than a lesson in Islam and history of Pakistan, which, dare I say, added nothing to my existing knowledge. It was intended for a Western audience. She spoke about her credentials and the resolve she has shown through her personal life.
Loss of one`s father and two brothers would gain sympathy from any unsuspecting mind. And though I agree that she has gone through a lot, I am afraid the title of the lecture was, `The current political situation in Pakistan`. It would be interesting to note that she spoke for 45 minutes and did not even once mention the name of General Pervez Musharraf. I was shocked that his name was missing from her analysis of `The current political situation in Pakistan`. However, not only this but a lot more was missing from her analysis. Her 45 minutes were spent talking about her life from 1977 to 1996 and not a minute was spent on her life from 1999-2007. I am sure that would have been much more relevant to the topic at hand.

If there was any doubt in my mind about a suspected `deal` it was removed yesterday. Ms Bhutto did or said nothing to suggest otherwise and it seemed obvious that even if there wasn`t a deal at that point in time she was making sure she said nothing that would affect the chances of there eventually being one. A friend mentioned that the front row was occupied by half of the next cabinet of Pakistan.

What disappointed me further was her sidestepping of all probing questions asked her about the impending deal. A person with intellectual integrity and such brilliant academic credentials would have taken the questions head on and given straight answers. That is the least we expect of our leaders. There is no doubt that if there were a deal it would be a disappointment. I would like to ask her how she would justify letting down Pakistanis who believe in democracy for the third time?

Ibaad Hakim
London
http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?176609

Musharraf is on the US payroll. What is doing with $100 million he gets every month from US, that is not accounted for anywhere in national treasury? Similarly corrupt BB who has shifted billions abroad,buying the most expensive real eastates in the world, has definitely made deal with Mush & US so she can be next PM & Mush will keep pesidency & Uniform. Mullah, Military & Pols are all crooked thieves. Can't Pakistan have any leaders with honesty & integrity?

This time there might be a deal
Agencies

ISLAMABAD: Self-exiled former prime minister Benazir Bhutto said Friday she might reach some political deal with President Pervez Musharraf, but he should quit his role as army chief to foster true democracy. Pakistan has been rife with speculation in recent weeks that President Musharraf and Bhutto were overcoming their mutual distrust to forge a common front against religious conservative forces ahead of a general election later this year. "We admit there are contacts because we want transparency, but we don't say the deal has been done," she told reporters in Dubai in a telecast carried by Pakistani networks Friday Ms Bhutto said previous contacts had come to nothing, but added: "This time, there might be a deal and there might not be a deal." However, she insisted President Musharraf should fulfill his commitment to step down as army chief by the end of 2007 before any deal could be reached.

"A president in uniform and democracy cannot go together ... we want military to go back to barracks," she said.

Ms Bhutto, who is also the Pakistan People's Party Chairperson, wants the government to drop corruption charges against her in Pakistan and abroad so that she can return home to lead her party.
Analysts say Musharraf, locked in a legal row over his move to sack the country's top judge, might be willing to improve relations with Ms Bhutto to stem the slide in his popularity and answer critics who accuse him of stifling democracy.

The PPP chairperson faces considerable opposition within her own party to working with President Musharraf, who took power in a 1999 military coup.

But she risks losing her support base the longer she stays out of Pakistan, having been in self-exile for almost a decade.

The shape of any prospective deal remains hazy.

Whether it would result in outright power-sharing is uncertain, but it would have to start with Bhutto offering tacit support for Musharraf's re-election in return for the all-clear to return home.

http://www.thepost.com.pk/Ba_ShortN...=14&bstatus=Current&fcatid=14&fstatus=Current

She has to reach on certain deal with Mushi. Oterwise Interpole RED WARRANTS are waiting for her, to land in jail.

Difficult decision for Ms Bhutto
Saturday May 05, 2007 (0531 PST)

Benazir Bhutto knows she has been fired at from two sides by a single bullet, the Swiss court case. It has the potential of damaging her personal carrier in the west and political career in Pakistan. She will not be invited to any international seminars if she is convicted in the court. The indications are that the decision will go against her. Only Musharraf can save her from this shot by asking her to help him be re-elected from the present assemblies. In that case, she will be risking her political carrier in Pakistan.

She knows that political downfall is a short term wound and such wounds heal rapidly in Pakistan. On the other hand, the alienation as a political scholar from the west leaves a permanent scar. She would rather risk the former and join hands with Musharraf, hoping that he will doff off his uniform on December 31, 2007. Why do I see a resemblance in her deal with Musharraf with the deal the latter drew with MMA? And why does December ring certain bells?

She is definitely walking on a tightrope and only time will tell which decision was wise as history will judge her accordingly.

Dr Ghayur Ayub (Personal Physio of N.Sharif)
London

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom