What's new

Pakistan Bans Entry To Afghans Holding Visas For India

Spelling mistake.

While what you are saying about India and Afghanistan is true, you should also take the fact that Pakistan is no USSR into cognizance.

Pakistan in comparison to Afghanistan probably is.

But the larger point is again if the Afghans want to be the football then by all means

A pattern seems to be emerging.

Article here, excerpts below:

In a recent policy shift, India's traditional rival Pakistan has slapped new sanctions on Afghan nationals who have an Indian visa in their passports.

On Tuesday, director of Hamid Karzai International Airport, Jabbarkhail said that over the past few days Pakistan has deported or banned entry to at least ten Afghans after finding Indian visas in their passports.

"Airline companies are still informing the passengers that they can not take them to Pakistan if there is an Indian visa in their passport," said Mohammad Asif Jabbarkhail.

Muzghan Sulaimankhail is one Afghan who was denied entry into Pakistan because of an Indian visa in her passport.

"I went for medical treatment to Pakistan; when I arrived at the airport officials told me that they can not allow me to enter Pakistan because of the existence of an Indian visa in my passport," said Muzghan.
Apne pairo pe ulhadi marna koi Pakistanio se sikhe....

india treats pakistani national(or afgan nationals) who need treatment in India differently... sometimes hospitals help them to do the formalities.. since 2008 mumbai attack, people of pakistani origin(not pakistani citizen) are under more focus and need more time to get visa.

surely you can make an exception for people who are coming for treatment to your country.

I'm sure India does :-/ -- it's amazing how many Indians think India can do no wrong.

I'm sure India does :-/ -- it's amazing how many Indians think India can do no wrong.
the point was not india is doing it right, the point was, if India can do it for its archenemy why should pakistan suddenly change it for afgans... how can afgans be security risk(you can filter them out) and not pakistanis in India.

the point was not india is doing it right, the point was, if India can do it for its archenemy why should pakistan suddenly change it for afgans... how can afgans be security risk(you can filter them out) and not pakistanis in India.
Pakistanis know that they have lost the Ruling class of Afghanistan to India... now they are trying their bit to rile common afghans so that they can hold on to their claim of WE OWN AFGHANISTAN....when it comes to harassing neighbors .. no one does it better than Pakistan...

My point was that I doubt that the Indian bureaucracy treats Pakistani patients at par with say Nepalese patients. Plus the Pakistani patients who go to India are not the class of patients like the Afghans who visit Pakistan for treatment. The vast majority of the Afghans who visit Pakistan for treatment are dirt poor.

It has nothing to do with security risk -- the same way I am no security risk to India -- it is just pressure tactics on Pakistanis by India as this is by Pakistan on Afghanistan.

My point was that I doubt that the Indian bureaucracy treats Pakistani patients at par with say Nepalese patients. Plus the Pakistani patients who go to India are not the class of patients like the Afghans who visit Pakistan for treatment. The vast majority of the Afghans who visit Pakistan for treatment are dirt poor.

It has nothing to do with security risk -- the same way I am no security risk to India -- it is just pressure tactics on Pakistanis by India as this is by Pakistan on Afghanistan.
nepalis do not need visa to travel to india... they just cross the border.. just like we do when we go to nepal... its a special case...
my point was although its difficult for pakistani to get indian visa(or vice versa), special considerations are always made for pakistanis who need medical treatment. not all of them are rich btw, many are lower middle class and come by train/bus. if they were rich they will go to singapore or thailand.
india is not an alternative for poor afgans as pakistan is next door neighbor. Which is why asking them to go to india is a cruel joke.

Ok, Afghans should come to India for medical treatments.
It would be far better if we can assist Afghan government in establishing a AIIMS type medical institution. It will infuse more energy and beliefs in Afghan citizens that it's not impossible to establish world class medical facilities in Afghanistan run by Afghan government. I wish someone can forward this thought to Indian government. Though it will need considerable amount of commitment from Afghanistan democratic government also.

Why not to go international court against India when it close it's border for Nepali people. Pakistan should take the case to international court against India.
You are free to go to UN with all fanfare. Btw when did Indian government banned Napal citizens in India?

Why does the Indian government insist that dual national Pakistanis apply for an Indian visa on their Pakistani passport?
Remember David Colman Headley and Tahhavur Hussain Rana and many others. Anything else?

nepalis do not need visa to travel to india... they just cross the border.. just like we do when we go to nepal... its a special case...

I think that was my point -- Pakistani patients are treated as Pakistani patients

my point was although its difficult for pakistani to get indian visa(or vice versa), special considerations are always made for pakistanis who need medical treatment. not all of them are rich btw, many are lower middle class and come by train/bus. if they were rich they will go to singapore or thailand.
No -- the people who come to India are at least middle class -- Going to Thailand Singapore requires you to be at least upper middle class.

The people who come from Afghanistan to Pakistan are mostly very poor people.

india is not an alternative for poor afgans as pakistan is next door neighbor. Which is why asking them to go to india is a cruel joke.

Agreed, when Afghan burn Pakistani flags -- they should remember that.

The irony is that people who make policy like @A-Team can travel to India so this does not affect them directly but it does affect the vast majority of Afghans who are poor. The hope is that such Afghans will put pressure on their government to pursue a Pakistan compliant policy.

As a personal example -- when I saw the paperwork I needed to get an Indian visa -- I said no thank you -- but I still call out flawed Pakistani policies towards India and push for good relations with India. I know Pakistan cannot fully prosper without good relations with India.

I think that was my point -- Pakistani patients are treated as Pakistani patients

No -- the people who come to India are at least middle class -- Going to Thailand Singapore requires you to be at least upper middle class.

The people who come from Afghanistan to Pakistan are mostly very poor people.

Agreed, when Afghan burn Pakistani flags -- they should remember that.

The irony is that people who make policy like @A-Team can travel to India so this does not affect them directly but it does affect the vast majority of Afghans who are poor. The hope is that such Afghans will put pressure on their government to pursue a Pakistan compliant policy.

As a personal example -- when I saw the paperwork I needed to get an Indian visa -- I said no thank you -- but I still call out flawed Pakistani policies towards India and push for good relations with India. I know Pakistan cannot fully prosper without good relations with India.
well am not sure whether I have effectively made my point, you can stop afgans from visiting pakistan, thats your prerogative, visa cannot be demanded. Most countries with bad relations do it to each other, just like india-pakistan. However you can always give special permission to people applying for 'medical visa'... using that as a lever is just mean, and wont work(to put pressure on afgan leaders). The leaders dont care about poor people in any of these countries, be it india or pak or afganistan...

well am not sure whether I have effectively made my point, you can stop afgans from visiting pakistan, thats your prerogative, visa cannot be demanded. Most countries with bad relations do it to each other, just like india-pakistan. However you can always give special permission to people applying for 'medical visa'... using that as a lever is just mean, and wont work(to put pressure on afgan leaders). The leaders dont care about poor people in any of these countries, be it india or pak or afganistan...

mean has no basis in interest based realpolitik

In the first place, why should an Afghani traverse through Pakistan & cough up Pakistani Visa fees, if the following cheaper option stands:

tem697.png

Why beg for another country's visa, when you can circumvent it conveniently?

In the first place, why should an Afghani traverse through Pakistan & cough up Pakistani Visa fees, if the following cheaper option stands:

View attachment 330225

Why beg for another country's visa, when you can circumvent it conveniently?
visa fee wont be more than a few rupees and if you live near border you can cross and take a bus... poor people cant afford apollo in addition to the flight charge.

visa fee wont be more than a few rupees and if you live near border you can cross and take a bus... poor people cant afford apollo in addition to the flight charge.

Which countries give visa now a days for few rupees?
Have you checked the visa fees between the 2 countries?
And what is the definition of "few rupees" here?

Why does Apollo figure here if the thrust is on Pakistan denying visa to Afghanis?

Which countries give visa now a days for few rupees?
Have you checked the visa fees between the 2 countries?
And what is the definition of "few rupees" here?

Why does Apollo figure here if the thrust is on Pakistan denying visa to Afghanis?
you were comparing costs.. the ad banner hides the real roundtrip cost which is around 20k INR..
most south asian nations have small visa fee for each other, in case of afgans, pakistani visa is free.
lets ignore the apollo bit...

Back
Top Bottom