What's new

Pakistan Bans Entry To Afghans Holding Visas For India

Good for India, the more harsh Pakistan comes on Afghans, the more nearer Afghans will be with India

The move does make sense if you are a Pakistani but like I said deporting without a warning is a bit harsh

Entering a country is a privilege not a right. Deporting without notice is not harsh. An country can do this anytime.

So India has become equivalent to Israel for Afghans in Pakistani policy making circles? @A-Team

I believe another formulation of this is called the Stalingrad option -- it is when two people are in a loose loose proportion but one party's loss is much greater than the others. The calculus is that being rational actors the one with the steeper loss will choose to cut his losses.

All these India goodies are like drugs from a drug dealer -- once you are hooked you are his bitch -- India has no organic/sustainable traction in Afghanistan. The subsidized flights, the visas can evaporate in one cold night.

Ad nauseam: be weary of Modi bearing gifts.

USSR won Stalingrad because it had superior resource compared to Germans, and had American lend-lease program backing it up with materials. In this case you have superior resources than Afghans , but India could run a lend-lease program for Afghanistan, if you enter hostilities with them. Don't be certain about victor in this case.

Is this even allowed ? Weird .

Nearly all Muslim countries do this to Israel, so it certainly is allowed.

Last edited:
It will be costly to take on Afghanistan -- but Pakistan has no choice.

How Pakistan can lesson the cost is to have better relations with India. The more beneficial arrangement in 40-60 years is an AfPak confederation that has excellent relations which India. That can be done by demolishing the current setup in Afghanistan but building good relations with India.

India doesn't give two figs about Afghanistan ... for India the Afghans are just convenient fools. India does want to have good relations with Pakistan and so should Pakistan.

I think one reason Pakistan hasn't taken action against TTA is because US might try to run Afghanistan on a pro-US Balkan model with a Clinton statue to go along with it. Only in this case, it will be Hillary Clinton's statue, not Bill Clinton's statue.

So Afghanistan has become equivalent to Israel in Pakistani policy making circles? @A-Team

USSR won Stalingrad because it had superior resource compared to Germans, and had American land-lease program backing it up with materials. In this case you have superior resources than Afghans , but India could run a lend-lease program for Afghanistan, if you enter hostilities with them. Don't be certain about victor in this case.

Nearly all Muslim countries do this to Israel, so it certainly is allowed.

Chinese and Iranians don't want an Indo-US stooge in their backyard. This is a very different neighbourhood, you should go play with Nepal.

Last edited:
I mean what were the Afghan thinking ... I mean seriously ... everyday this situation is escalating and could get ugly soon.

It is very easy to destroy things ... building them is excruciatingly harder

The are trying to weld together a nation and Pakistan seem to be giving them focus. What you are not appreciating is that anti-Pakistanism could become the basis of Afghan nation, if things get too ugly; and humiliation you heap on Afghans may very well become a unifying factor to weld tribes together.

It would not be historically incoherent too. Afghans always had hostile relations with power controlling Indus valley.

Why not to go international court against India when it close it's border for Nepali people. Pakistan should take the case to international court against India.

India never closed border to Nepali people. Their own Madeshi people closed border for Pahari people because of constitutional crisis that was ongoing at that time in Nepal.

This is standard practice,

Try going to india if you have a pakistani visa on your passport.

???

India allow even Pakistanis to enter India. Why would it not allow someone with Pakistan visa stamped on his passport?

I mean as long as that person has valid Indian visa. India does not treat Pakistan like you treat Israel.

Why does the Indian government insist that dual national Pakistanis apply for an Indian visa on their Pakistani passport?

For sake of transparency, and because it can.

aaa have you tried getting an Indian visa as a Pakistani..Not sure how bad the reverse is
Equally bad however we still allow visa's....no?? There is no blanket ban...we have made the process very difficult and same thing could have been applied for Afghans if the issue is somewhat related to terrorism...but a blanket ban is plain stupid....hope you get the drift...

Right step in right direction, we must not allow any potential agents/terrorists with links to india to enter our country

Good for India, the more harsh Pakistan comes on Afghans, the more nearer Afghans will be with India
It is your politics and policy that (how to fight a Muslim with a Muslim) and you have succeed in this.
You try your best how to become Iran,Afghanistan and Pakistan enemy among them

I can't believe the level of insecurity that they ban people for just visiting some place ,at least China does it to people who visit dalielama but a entire nation :crazy:

Equally bad however we still allow visa's....no?? There is no blanket ban...we have made the process very difficult and same thing could have been applied for Afghans if the issue is somewhat related to terrorism...but a blanket ban is plain stupid....hope you get the drift...

Oh I'm sure Afghans with reach can get to Pakistan -- but many Pakistani Americans I know (emphasis on I know -- I'm not speaking for people at large here) opted to just say no to getting an Indian visa -- with out exception, all of them are people who advocate friendly ties with India and have been ever to visit India.

I myself have thought of visiting many times but the based on the paperwork I said maybe later -- and I'm as muck of a proponent you can have on positive Pak/India relations.

Again not saying one justifies the other -- but I understand visiting India is a privilege and not my right.

So India has become equivalent to Israel for Afghans in Pakistani policy making circles? @A-Team

USSR won Stalingrad because it had superior resource compared to Germans, and had American land-lease program backing it up with materials. In this case you have superior resources than Afghans , but India could run a lend-lease program for Afghanistan, if you enter hostilities with them. Don't be certain about victor in this case.

I have never heard of land-lease -- what was that -- and I am doubtful of any such facility -- there was lend-lease and cash-and-carry ?

The case of India and the US vis-a-vis Afghanistan and the USSR is really not comparable.

The USSR and US were powers in their own right -- Afghanistan has no such position.

Neither is India a global power -- nor is does India have access -- to Afghanistan. Plus the local hegemony is China.

Further let's assume what you say is true: as I've said before -- if Afghans wish to be a football in India/Pakistan rivalry then so be it. I would bet the Afghans are not that stupid.

Oh I'm sure Afghans with reach can get to Pakistan -- but many Pakistani Americans I know (emphasis on I know -- I'm not speaking for people at large here) opted to just say no to getting an Indian visa -- with out exception, all of them are people who advocate friendly ties with India and have been ever to visit India.

I myself have thought of visiting many times but the based on the paperwork I said maybe later -- and I'm as muck of a proponent you can have on positive Pak/India relations.

Again not saying one justifies the other -- but I understand visiting India is a privilege and not my right.
Unfortunately that is true for all...no? Visiting USA is a privilege and not my right either...

Look given the amount of issues we have there should hardly been any visa for common people b/w India and Pakistan...however that is not the case...because this is plain stupid...A blanket ban is a crazy thing....One can make the process more stringent but a blanket ban also strips people who let's say may need a very urgent medical help...Being a Sikh i really really want visa for Pakistan to become damn easy as well...but then it is wishful thinking...On a positive note recently my Uncle visited and had very good stories to share...and Zero let me repeat Zero negative story...the only negativity was his own fears(understood as well)....i can promise that other side is also humane enough....but the hurdle of Visa Marathon needs to be crossed...wish that was not the case but then they say.."It is what it is"

I have never heard of land-lease -- what was that -- and I am doubtful of any such facility -- there was lend-lease and cash-and-carry ?

The case of India and the US vis-a-vis Afghanistan and the USSR is really not comparable.

The USSR and US were powers in their own right -- Afghanistan has no such position.

Neither is India a global power -- nor is does India have access -- to Afghanistan. Plus the local hegemony is China.

Further let's assume what you say is true: as I've said before -- if Afghans wish to be a football in India/Pakistan rivalry then so be it. I would bet the Afghans are not that stupid.

Spelling mistake.

While what you are saying about India and Afghanistan is true, you should also take the fact that Pakistan is no USSR into cognizance.

I have never heard of land-lease -- what was that -- and I am doubtful of any such facility -- there was lend-lease and .
Lend Lease was a program that gave Roosevelt(President of USA during world war II) powers to sell, transfer title to, exchange, lease, lend, or otherwise dispose of defence equipments to any government. Though in the context of USSR and Germany it played little role as writing on the wall was already there for Germans by the time equipment started landing and put to battle front by the mighty USSR....

Having said that I don't think in the context of Afghanistan/Pakistan such a thing can play any role...It is one thing to have equipment...having trained men to use them is a different ball game...

india treats pakistani national(or afgan nationals) who need treatment in India differently... sometimes hospitals help them to do the formalities.. since 2008 mumbai attack, people of pakistani origin(not pakistani citizen) are under more focus and need more time to get visa.

surely you can make an exception for people who are coming for treatment to your country.

Back
Top Bottom