What's new

Pakistan Bans Entry To Afghans Holding Visas For India

you were comparing costs.. the ad banner hides the real roundtrip cost which is around 20k INR..
most south asian nations have small visa fee for each other, in case of afgans, pakistani visa is free.
lets ignore the apollo bit...

add to that lodging costs + food.
Now multiply that for the accompanying family.
Add medical costs.

adds up quickly.

you were comparing costs.. the ad banner hides the real roundtrip cost which is around 20k INR..
most south asian nations have small visa fee for each other, in case of afgans, pakistani visa is free.
lets ignore the apollo bit...

Do you have any idea why is Afghanistan charging hefty visa fees for Pakistani passports?

tem4s23.png

It is good for India..

Indians are upset??? Rather all the smart Indian policy makers will be simply laughing for scheme of things that you are doing?? The more and more you would start harassing Afganistan people, it is easier for India to create a space which is not about war or violence rather more humanitarian approch towards ordinary Afgan people...the Rather we are simply waiting for the good news for Indian policy maker about when are you implementing this step.

Afgan people are all welcome to India for education, health and basic necessities...

Spot on but I doubt he has the foresight to see all this :)

I don't understand why @A-Team and the Indian members are upset about this arrangement. It is quite simple after all. If an Afghanistani can afford and prefer to go to India then that's your destination you can go there again. Heck why not make it your home for the next thirty years,as you have in Pakistan.
On the hand if you can not afford the air tickets or just don't like cows roaming on the road. Get a visa and come to Pakistan we will welcome as we have before.

Seems you have not read the thread properly, the report says that even those that had Pakistani visas were not allowed to enter via Pakistani airports because they had Indian visa.

Well Karzai is on record that he tried to discourage Pakistanis from Afghanistan

Would love to see that record ? :)

Seems you have not read the thread properly, the report says that even those that had Pakistani visas were not allowed to enter via Pakistani airports because they had Indian visa.

Would love to see that record ? :)

It is in a BBC interview -- video is posted on this form -- let me try to find it.

Well unlike the majority of Afghanis , Pak patients pay their medical bills , treatment of some medical conditions is costly in Pak, so they prefer India, not like that they would go to us or UK if India imposes a ban on medical visas for them :)

LOL, are you sure you know what you are talking about ? :D Afghans not paying, entire PakhtoonKhwa medical industry is being run by these paying Afghans ;)

It is in a BBC interview -- video is posted on this form -- let me try to find it.

Didnt he say we are conjoined twins ? :D

Anyways he is history, Ashraf Ghani is the man Pakistan is doing business with.
Ashraf Ghani is finding alternative routes something that Karzai should have done a decade ago instead of complaining about Pakistanis. Ghani complains less and finds alternative routes, this relationship is way too onsides. The moment something goes south Pakistan uses its cards refugees, transit routes and talis very readily. You know what I am trying to say?

no i dont.. how does it matter though, we are talking about afgans who want to visit pakistan.
http://www.embassyofpakistanusa.org/consa6a.php

Because normally the bilateral engagements/rules dictate these Visa affairs & associated fees therein.

If Afghanistan is charging such a hefty fees from Pakistan, and on the other hand you see that Pakistan is providing visas to Afghanis for free, there has to be something.

Now that Pakistani free visa rolled out to Afghanis is conditional as you may be aware.

I have 12 Indian visas in my passport, I am banned for life to visit Pakistan how sad...

Another brick on the wall of hatred.

@Sher Malang , quick question I once asked you if you had lived in Pakistan to which you replied that it was not the case. Just to clarify you never lived in what is consider Pakistan meaning KPK?

Didnt he say we are conjoined twins ? :D

Hey man ask him -- he said that and he clearly says that we tried to limit Pakistani numbers in Afghanistan.

Anyways he is history, Ashraf Ghani is the man Pakistan is doing business with.

No this is incorrect -- Pakistanis have to do with the Afghan people as Afghans have to do business with the Pakistani people.

Ashraf Ghani is finding alternative routes something that Karzai should have done a decade ago instead of complaining about Pakistanis. Ghani complains less and finds alternative routes, this relationship is way too onsides. The moment something goes south Pakistan uses its cards refugees, transit routes and talis very readily. You know what I am trying to say?

Ashraf Ghani is limited by Afghanistan's geography and Afghanistan's capacity as was Karzai.

For example the Zaranj-Delaram highway constructed by India passes through Taliban controlled territory -- ????

I have 12 Indian visas in my passport, I am banned for life to visit Pakistan how sad...

Another brick on the wall of hatred.

BTW the long term solution which the gov must invest asap is having better medical facilities in the country, India must be a stop gap solution, unless we get our house in order these issues will continue to persist.

I think Ashraf Ghani has been quietly finding alternatives and these will bear fruits in the coming years. This case of Pakistan blocking pressurising Afghanistan at well is no unique, countless countries do it but what we can do is the lesson the troubles it can generate for us and that is only achieved by putting alternative solutions in place.

Next month Iran, Afghanistan and India will meet again to expedite the Chabahar project, I was looking at some numbers and I expect the goods routed via Pakistan is going to see a significant drop. Now I am not saying that Chabahar, Central Asiain routes and a new one to China are a complete alternative to Pakistan, but this should wake up the Pakistans a bit.

@Sher Malang , quick question I once asked you if you had lived in Pakistan to which you replied that it was not the case. Just to clarify you never lived in what is consider Pakistan meaning KPK?

I was sarcastic, last time I visited Pakistan was in 2008 I guess; for a cousin's wedding in Islamabad and sadly he was killed a year after near his home in a car accident they were only among the couple of relatives of us living there but no longer now and yeah I have never lived for a long period there. At times when I visited Pakistan people were very friendly there which I doubt now it might not be the same right now.

Back
Top Bottom