What's new

Pakistan, Australia ink MoU to boost defence ties

If you read the article carefully it says training.

Also Australia does produce defence material, infact Australia exports 600 million dollars worth of defence material a year.

This is my favourite export.

landbushmasterlg.jpg

Thanks Xdrive for info , i have read Fatman17's post , according to him the MOU is mainly on Training with Australian defense forces.

Since SAS has one hell of a desert survival training , i am just assuming that SSG would be conducting joint training with them.

Moreover the stress would be on ATT ops etc.
Some PA boys are already present in Australia for joint training.

Hi,

It had nothing to do with building the sub but with the acoustic signature---the subs were generating some noise that the help of the australians was asked for---according to gf4australia mnay a years ago.

Australia has been in every major war since 1900. WW1 WW2 vietnam, the gulf war ,the iraq war, afghanastan.

Australia was a major part of the invasion of iraq alongside Britain and the U.S

Australia also invaded east timor, the solomon islands and papua new guina all on it's own to help establish order in these countries.

The pakistan army may had had more fights but that doesn't guarantee you are well trained. The Australian Army has perfected a training standard over 100 years that is said to be the best in the world.

One example of this excellent training is in WW2 where 300 aussie soldiers held off 5,000 japanese in the jungle where japanese soldiers are suppose to be experts.

Infact, Australian Army soldiers are said to be better trained then the average American soldier. Australian soldiers even train some American soldiers.

wow... thanks for the info... :cheers:

Infact, Australian Army soldiers are said to be better trained then the average American soldier. Australian soldiers even train some American soldiers.

Cite please. There's a difference between joint training, and training American soldiers.

You can get all the training you want, in the end if you dont have the right weapons to fight, your training is futile. PA has gained tremendous experience in COIN during the last couple of years and the results have shown. If someone really believes improving bilateral defense ties, it should be in terms of equipment. Both terrains are completely different and i dont see how or what we can learn from the experience of the other.

Back
Top Bottom