What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

The engine can be replace it is not a big issue, we should drop another order for 30 more helicopters with Turkish Indigenous Engines
That is naive. Engine indeed is a big issue. Try to chalk if off as small problem is just self denial. Dropped another 30 is shooting PA own foot more.

Dropped TA-129 and go for more Z-10ME is the wise decision.

The whole point of T129 was tech transfer.
But the American is very smart. The most difficult part which is the engine is off limit for transfer...

Another reason to avoid the US systems in the defense field!!! Hopefully, it's an eye opener for others too!!! IMO, from the Pak perspective, Turkey's getting S-400 is more important than getting license for T-129 engines!!! With S-400 at hands, already field deployed KORAL EW systems to counter it can be further fine tuned along with putting the entire exercise on the learning curve for indigenous HISAR-U AD systems!!!! Anyway, now the efforts will be re-doubled for the already initiated indigenous chopper motors solution!!! Every Sher has a (K)hair associated with it in this Alem-i Hikmet....

As for ATAK-2, TFX, AZM etc. projects, hopefully, more JVs b/w Turkey and Pak may ensue....

They have understood that the era of deceptions is getting over!!! Now, they want to put frustration, hopeless ness etc., directly from the Kitap-i Iblis, into the hearts of the Ehl-i Iman, who needs to slay these ill feelings with Zulfiker....
Turkey will compliance with US. Getting S-400 but loses Ta-129 export and F-35 is not worth it. The turkey has an amphibious ship build around F-35. Without F-35, the ship is 50% less capable. Turkey has many sub component build around US source. It's easy to say than done plus. Those parts are the most difficult to make and turkey is in no position to develop those things. They need more than USD20billion to develop the whole industries on propulsion system.

Wonder are planner on weeds why they go sanction prone platform?

Wonder do planner are on weed why they go sanction prone platform?
I do not blame them but the Turkish. They make empty promise to Pakistanis that engine is not an issue and Indigenous engine is ready soon which prove to be false.

Turkish like to talk big but far from delivery. That is the problem when dealing military deal with them. Many of their system is overstated.

I do not blame them but the Turkish. They make empty promise to Pakistanis that engine is not an issue and Indigenous engine is ready soon which prove to be false.

Turkish like to talk big but far from delivery. That is the problem when dealing military deal with them. Many of their system is overstated.
Sir they have to look at it .

Oh dear

The engine can be replace it is not a big issue, we should drop another order for 30 more helicopters with Turkish Indigenous Engines
The only reasons we choose ataks over z 10s were the performanve of the american engines, turkish engines will not be better than chinese.

U mean to say we bent over by our free will for the engines
Court marshal is due on someone

Makes sense

• F16 blocked
  • OHP blocked
  • F16 blocked again
  • Cutters blocked
  • T129 Engines blocked

See... I told you before. The worst is Turkey domestic turboshaft will need at least 10 years time to go into production for usage.

Trump will not go soft for Pakistan. Good Luck.

Pakistan Army after thorough assessment found the Chinese Z-10 lacking and preferred the T-129 over it. If left with no other option, they will obviously go for your sub standard helicopter.

U mean to say we bent over by our free will for the engines
Court marshal is due on someone

Makes sense

• F16 blocked
  • OHP blocked
  • F16 blocked again
  • Cutters blocked
  • T129 Engines blocked
Some Pakistan defence companies related to development of strategic missiles were also sanctioned by US
Pakistan military officers are also blocked from attending US military institutes from this year on wards

Another reason to avoid the US systems in the defense field!!! Hopefully, it's an eye opener for others too!!! IMO, from the Pak perspective, Turkey's getting S-400 is more important than getting license for T-129 engines!!! With S-400 at hands, already field deployed KORAL EW systems to counter it can be further fine tuned along with putting the entire exercise on the learning curve for indigenous HISAR-U AD systems!!!! Anyway, now the efforts will be re-doubled for the already initiated indigenous chopper motors solution!!! Every Sher has a (K)hair associated with it in this Alem-i Hikmet....

As for ATAK-2, TFX, AZM etc. projects, hopefully, more JVs b/w Turkey and Pak may ensue....

They have understood that the era of deceptions is getting over!!! Now, they want to put frustration, hopeless ness etc., directly from the Kitap-i Iblis, into the hearts of the Ehl-i Iman, who needs to slay these ill feelings with Zulfiker....
I dont think Turkish S-400 deal is related to the Atak T-129 deal. US is a racial country they arm twisted Pakistan time and again is the past. They know they have nothing to lose if they stop sale of Helo engines for Pakistan. If God forbid Turkey, Pakistan were Christian, Hindu or any non-muslim nation all US defence technology could have been OK for export to us. Atak T-129 is an important deal for Turkey and Pakistan. Pakistan needs to replace its aging attack helos and Turkey wants a partner in Atak T-129 Program.

Pakistan Army after thorough assessment found the Chinese Z-10 lacking and preferred the T-129 over it. If left with no other option, they will obviously go for your sub standard helicopter.
That is better than no helicopter and still better than even more sub standard LCH which IA need to procure Apache to make up the shortcoming....

The T129's armor protection is very weak, just like the Japanese car, the car shell is thin, the whole machine is light weight, with an American engine, appears to be manuable.

In the battlefield,all kinds of light bullets will cause great casualties to the pilots

If you don't care life casualties,it seems ok

Last edited:
That is better than no helicopter and still better than even more sub standard LCH which IA need to procure Apache to make up the shortcoming....

I think I would rather believe the professional assessment of Pakistani army over some random Chinese fanboy's opinion, who are always busy flogging their sub standard weapons to captive and isolated markets.

As for India, LCH is a work in progress and in the meantime we are getting the Apaches. Not only will they form the tip of the spear, but the tech will slowly trickle down to LCH. FWIW LCH has a better, more powerful engine, compared to the rejected Z-10. :wave:

DtOlmciWoAAwYIU.jpg:large

IdpcDvX.jpg

We also happen to have these as a stop gap/multi purpose platform.

I think I would rather believe the professional assessment of Pakistani army over some random Chinese fanboy's opinion, who are always busy flogging their sub standard weapons to captive and isolated markets.

As for India, LCH is a work in progress and in the meantime we are getting the Apaches. Not only will they form the tip of the spear, but the tech will slowly trickle down to LCH. FWIW LCH has a better, more powerful engine, compared to the rejected Z-10. :wave:

DtOlmciWoAAwYIU.jpg:large

IdpcDvX.jpg

We also happen to have these as a stop gap/multi purpose platform.

I just pointed out a reality.. If LCH is so good as you claim, why buy Apache? Becos it is just another LCA epic failure project which needs the Rafale. While China still uses Z-10, there shows the confidence we have with our product. We could have go for Ka-52, Mi-28 but no....

You can say 1000 excuses but will not mask the reality why Apache needs to be brought in for the failure with LCH. :enjoy:

I just pointed out a reality.. If LCH is so good as you claim, why buy Apache? Becos it is just another LCA epic failure project which needs the Rafale. While China still uses Z-10, there shows the confidence we have with our product. We could have go for Ka-52, Mi-28 but no....

You can say 1000 excuses but will not mask the reality why Apache needs to be brought in for the failure with LCH. :enjoy:

Because LCH is in a different weight category, same reason china operates both Z-10 and Z-19. It doesn't mean Z-10 is sub standard(which it is mind you when compared to other non-chinese helicopters) :azn:

Anyways let's not digress. Point was that, as per Pakistan Army's assessment Chinese Z-10 is inferior to the Turkish T-129.

Because LCH is in a different weight category, same reason china operates both Z-10 and Z-19. It doesn't mean Z-10 is sub standard(which it is mind you when compared to other non-chinese helicopters) :azn:

Anyways let's not digress. Point was that, as per Pakistan Army's assessment Chinese Z-10 is inferior to the Turkish T-129.
The only part TA-129 is better than Z-10 is using an American engine... Other than that, there is no better. But it will be remedy by the upgraded Z-10ME.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom