What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

TEI ceo Mr. Aksit said TS1400 test are ongoing and first flight test will take place in 2023 , yesterday .

i just a little bit disappointed for schedule but anyway , at least we will have an engine within 3 years

TEI ceo Mr. Aksit said TS1400 test are ongoing and first flight test will take place in 2023 , yesterday .

i just a little bit disappointed for schedule but anyway , at least we will have an engine within 3 years
3 years is just an understatement
You need years to develop the engine before they go on extensive flight trials... thousands of hours of actually flight time before the design of the engine & it's viability can be certified
Not to mention the actual serial production which would take considerable amount of time too
Going down the T129 route is just pure stupid
More promises from the Turks with nothing but tweets to show for
Meanwhile our pilots continue to climb into the cockpits of obsolete choppers that should have been phased out years ago

The T-129 deal is dead in the water. I didn't ever think that any deal with the Turks would actually materialize, but at least the Corvettes are on schedule. The americans really should be cut-out from any deal that remotely connects with them. Their entire front on foreign policy is flying around like carded wool and the time has come to enact concerted efforts to cut-out any and all connections with americans in any future military contract deals.

As for the Turks, well the loss of this deal will hurt them, regrettably so. But Pakistan must ensure that any future deals with the Turks is one which has no vulnerabilities to any sanctions by the americans.

3 years is just an understatement
You need years to develop the engine before they go on extensive flight trials... thousands of hours of actually flight time before the design of the engine & it's viability can be certified
Not to mention the actual serial production which would take considerable amount of time too
Going down the T129 route is just pure stupid
More promises from the Turks with nothing but tweets to show for
Meanwhile our pilots continue to climb into the cockpits of obsolete choppers that should have been phased out years ago
man! this project has started in 2013 unofficially and officially in 2017, so we worked on it for 8 years it is not short span of time

The CEO says the engine will be ready in the nearest 2023-2024 and it is being renewed. Like Parrot, someone constantly gives an example of this engine, then someone else says they can't wait for it. Same goes for the (German) Asian guy for the TFX engine I guess. I don't understand if I have deja vu, why the same things are being talked about over and over.

In T129 case, it seems We tried to copy the Indian style of handling military deals. :D
Better late than never….
I believe Turkey should think again & again before commit Afghanistan is a Pitt if super powers like US failed Turkey is nobody just relaying Dostum won't take them anywhere my two cents stay away from this
But by committing to airport turkey can also extract US waive from US for Pakistan a real possibility
I have heard Dostum is returning to Afganistan! Make no mistake this time!! Take him out with a precise hit! I hope the PAF is already practicing….

Members who keep saying we went down the Indian path for this deal have forgotten what this deal really is about, Instead of looking at things through a microscope why not broaden our vision first.Firstly waiting for the indigenous engine to come online will only be beneficial as it will give us the leverage to manipulate it to our liking and having a MRO facility on the go.That is ITAR free believe or not.Lastly we are not the cash cow of the subcontinent,We are getting these on a loan,Chinese want hard cash nowadays.Also they offer none of the things mentioned in the latter part,Going down the Turkish root hopefully will give us some TOT for our waiting troubles and maybe joint partnership in other projects like the Gokbey medium lift Heli.All in all good things come to those who are patient....Unless your a cash cow like India

Last edited:
The T-129 deal is dead in the water. I didn't ever think that any deal with the Turks would actually materialize, but at least the Corvettes are on schedule. The americans really should be cut-out from any deal that remotely connects with them. Their entire front on foreign policy is flying around like carded wool and the time has come to enact concerted efforts to cut-out any and all connections with americans in any future military contract deals.

As for the Turks, well the loss of this deal will hurt them, regrettably so. But Pakistan must ensure that any future deals with the Turks is one which has no vulnerabilities to any sanctions by the americans.

Yep ATAK-2 is where it is. The T-129 is a dead end. The US admin played foul not only with the ATAK engines but also the Vipers.
There should be no US connection to any arms deal from now on.

Back
Top Bottom