What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

this guy reported something about Ukrainian engine swap, possibly. But that would mean a new set of trials? I mean Pakistan already uses Ukrainian heli engines!

The helicopter is good but the problem is it does not have a domestic engine to circumvent US engine export ban to Pakistan. Even the airframe is licensed to Italy's A129 Mangusta.

this guy reported something about Ukrainian engine swap, possibly. But that would mean a new set of trials? I mean Pakistan already uses Ukrainian heli engines!

Most likely confusing the T129 with the new T929 which will use Ukrainian engines. AFAIK there is no suitable Ukrainian engine for the T129 available and even if, it would require additional testing, certification, time and $$$$,

1630170887181.jpeg

Some Youtubers are reporting that Russia agreed to sell Mi-28, SU-35, and air defense system to Pakistan.

View attachment 773803
Some Youtubers are reporting that Russia agreed to sell Mi-28, SU-35, and air defense system to Pakistan.
Investing in Mi-28 makes little sense after we've bought Mi-35s, what's the justification?
Mi-28 is in an entirely different class than Mi35. PA infact did show interest and even did preliminary testing of a modified Mi-28 when it bought Mi35s. Though as far as I know it didn’t go beyond that with the Mi28s. These could be a good alternative to our blocked T129, but Imo Z-10ME still might make a little more sense.

Pakistan should leverage supporting US withdrawal in Karachi to its advantage. Surely there was some trade / deal

Mi-28 is in an entirely different class than Mi35. PA infact did show interest and even did preliminary testing of a modified Mi-28 when it bought Mi35s. Though as far as I know it didn’t go beyond that with the Mi28s. These could be a good alternative to our blocked T129, but Imo Z-10ME still might make a little more sense.

😂 You tell him boy.....He made that comment after looking at the picture I posted. :hitwall:

On urgent bases if we despratly needed Attack helicopters then we must get Z-10ME from China & then we can give more time to Turkey to go for Atak-2...:china::pakistan::turkey:

Back
Top Bottom