What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Brought Vipers from US (I know it is a bad idea) or look for Russian helis (we dont know about their performance but it will be better than chinese most probably) or wait for another engine for T-129... but it will take time. this is Pakistan's options... I know Pakistan is in a bad situation right now but I think there is no other way if US wont let the engines...

Believe me, if it was like you said Pakistani army would have chose china. After all they are much more close to your state... but we both know your army did not wanted the chinese helos because like I said look at the weight/power ratio. Math wont lie.
i think pakistan do not want all eggs in one basket otherwise we never buy mi-35s .

Brought Vipers from US (I know it is a bad idea) or look for Russian helis (we dont know about their performance but it will be better than chinese most probably) or wait for another engine for T-129... but it will take time. this is Pakistan's options... I know Pakistan is in a bad situation right now but I think there is no other way if US wont let the engines...

Believe me, if it was like you said Pakistani army would have chose china. After all they are much more close to your state... but we both know your army did not wanted the chinese helos because like I said look at the weight/power ratio. Math wont lie.
I know you are bitter over the dead sales of T-129 helo but fact is Z-10ME is a different beast. Especially tailor for export. Engine is uprated, tailor for high attitude.

http://eng.mod.gov.cn/focus/2019-07/11/content_4845631_3.htm

A cluster of WZ-10 attack helicopters attached to an army aviation brigade under the PLA 76th Group Army fly in tactical formation over the Kunlun Mountains for a live-fire training exercise in west China’s plateau area in early July, 2019. (eng.chinamil.com.cn/Photo by Wu Zhen and Wu Xiaofeng)

16be06c513448456312842.jpg

16be06c50d148456311554.jpg

16be06c508248456310202.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunlun_Mountains

The Kunlun Mountains are one of the longest mountain chains in Asia, extending more than 3,000 kilometres. In the broadest sense, the chain forms the northern edge of the Tibetan Plateau south of the Tarim Basin. The exact definition of this range varies. Wikipedia

Elevation: 7,167 m

https://www.janes.com/article/84433...pgraded-z-10me-attack-helicopter-breaks-cover

p1732802_main.jpg

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...hinas-z-10me-showcased-increased-capabilities

Likely to target markets from the Middle East and Africa, the Z-10ME was represented in a sand and green camouflage livery and was refitted with sand/dust separation filters for its improved WZ-9 turboshaft engines, which are believed to provide 30 percent more power, at around 1,200 kW. The engine exhausts are modified from the standard Z-10 sideward-facing exhausts to upward-facing exhausts, which decreases its infrared signature.

T-129 being a light attack helo lacks the kind of armour compare to Z-10 gunship which is medium weight. In terms of withstanding ground firepower. No doubt T-129 will go down first if under the same enemy damage.

Last edited:
100% Agreed with you Sir, We have the habit of asking for the weapons that having strings attached especially the American one. As far as Turkey is concerned if they want to succeed in Weapons export industry they must find a quick solution for engines.
The only problem is there is no quick solution for engines. It might be another provider but then again the helo will require testing in the Pak mountains to ensure it is good for the job.
A

The only problem is there is no quick solution for engines. It might be another provider but then again the helo will require testing in the Pak mountains to ensure it is good for the job.
A
Araz there is an option of Italian engine. PAA needs to retest the heli though which could take around 10-12 months.

I hope IK & Pakistani military official request Trump for engines
but it is better to buy American Ah-1z from USA on cash

I hope IK & Pakistani military official request Trump for engines
but it is better to buy American Ah-1z from USA on cash
I disagree. There is some form of TOT/Subassembly on offer from Turkey. I think we need to start making forays into this market. One of the main problems of buying US equipment is you dont get any form of transfer of tech. Even Turkey in spìte of assembling its own F16s cannot modify /alter any part of tbeir 16s.
A

A
then why not buy from italy ? WE ALREADY BUYING FROM THEM CHOPPERS SIR .

Elhamdulillah!! Now, Pak will get 10 ton beast of war, ATAK II, with the indigenous motor!!!! Hopefully, Pak will now be very much a part of the development of the Turkish choppers like the way JF17s are!!! Not that Pak immediately needs these choppers for the “Last Afgans” are breathing their lasts as simple swords are now enough to chop their heads off....

Elhamdulillah!! Now, Pak will get 10 ton beast of war, ATAK II, with the indigenous motor!!!! Hopefully, Pak will now be very much a part of the development of the Turkish choppers like the way JF17s are!!! Not that Pak immediately needs these choppers for the “Last Afgans” are breathing their lasts as simple swords are now enough to chop their heads off....

Pakistan will not wait for our domestic turboshaft engine to enter service. Even when commissioned, it is not clear that it can offer the same performance as LHTEC at high altitude. You can at least be realistic and talk a little more technically.

Pakistan will not wait for our domestic turboshaft engine to enter service. Even when commissioned, it is not clear that it can offer the same performance as LHTEC at high altitude. You can at least be realistic and talk a little more technically.
Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein

Back
Top Bottom