What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

I disagree. There is some form of TOT/Subassembly on offer from Turkey. I think we need to start making forays into this market. One of the main problems of buying US equipment is you dont get any form of transfer of tech. Even Turkey in spìte of assembling its own F16s cannot modify /alter any part of tbeir 16s.
A
But, Israel does...

Even Israel was not allowed to put their own radars into their Soufas.
A

All electronics on F16 with the "Ozgur(Free)" Program, Turkey has changed with indigenous counterparts. It seems certain that Aselsan will also use Aesa Radar in the future. It was a wrong example.

file.php

K4GBpok.jpg

f9fd88e5-2cec-4aed-9e2f-b334bcf7c94a.jpg

Why do we think that "US Engine Embargo" wasn't considered when we moved into sale/purchase level talks. Everything was considered during talks & surely, way out was also reviewed as a Plan-B. Professionals does not take on projects in isolated manners and be shocked like this embargo case.

@cabatli_53 am I wrong to say that we are now moving to Plan-B "the way out in-case of possible Us embargo"? There are things in store, surely.

Why do we think that "US Engine Embargo" wasn't considered when we moved into sale/purchase level talks. Everything was considered during talks & surely, way out was also reviewed as a Plan-B. Professionals does not take on projects in isolated manners and be shocked like this embargo case.

@cabatli_53 am I wrong to say that we are now moving to Plan-B "the way out in-case of possible Us embargo"? There are things in store, surely.

I also believe in that way. If It was the case, Pakistan and Turkey would have offially announced that Atak deal is dead but Instead, Pakistani general visited TAI facilities, talked about more cooperation and watched T-129 Atak flight show a few days ago. I expect We will see what will be the Plan-B in following months.

We do not know the actual scope of Pakistan and Turkish Atak deal for future. The deal may serve a stop gap solution until heavier Atak-2 pass into production. Pakistan may plan to join into Atak-2 production processes. We will see If we achieve our goals...

I don't think the reason for the ambargo is S 400. If they did, they wouldn't sell us the same engine.
As in the Viper problem, the problem was Pakistan from the very beginning.

It's not realistic to use a different engine, but it's the same way to retest. If TEI does not rush, Pakistan will move to China.

It's a good Heli I hope engine issue will resolve with EU option but why turkey is after S400???? They don't have immediate threats plus having own long range system under development.

Hi,

Pakistan never thought about the engine embargo---even if someone brought it up---the Pak generals shut them down---.

This embargo was obvious as the shining sun up above in the sky on a hot Clear day---.

There is NO PLAN B here---. What we would be depending on is a brand new engine and you know how much time it takes to develop them--.

We really were better off with the chinese helicopter---it was a guarantee---we could have used turkish EW package etc---but a turkish chopper was technically out of question for us---.

Now IK is here in the US---would it be possible to get the engines---we will know shortly---.

Overall a very bad decision for a country that can go to war with its neighbor at any time---.

Turkey’s ATAK helicopter sale to Pakistan stalled over missing engines - SoL
The sale of Turkish-made T129 ATAK helicopter gunships to Pakistan has hit a stumbling block as no engines have been found for the gunships after the United States failed to issue the permit required for their delivery, communist news site SoL reported on Wednesday.

Turkey and Pakistan signed a $1.5 billion deal for the Turkish-made helicopter gunships on July 13, 2018. The delivery date of the first helicopter was pushed back after the U.S. Department of Defence last year refused to issue the Turkish company with an export license for the delivery of the gunships’ CTS800 engines.

Producers in France and Poland are being considered as potential suppliers of the engine, according to Hürriyet newspaper.

Meanwhile, 41 ATAK helicopters have been delivered to the Turkish Land Forces Command and six to the Gendarmerie General Command, SoL said.

The deal between Ankara and Islamabad sees for the delivery of 30 T129 ATAK helicopters to Pakistan. Pakistan’s current AH-1F Cobra gunships lack the capability to perform adequately over the higher altitudes of the Hindu Kush mountain range, separating Afghanistan and

Pakistan, according to the country’s officials.

atak.jpg

worst decision and they know that engine is from usa .
Sir there are many engine options the delivery may be called as stalled or delayed but not terminated, the deliveries shall happen though some delays for testing of new engine are obvious, may be we are not well calculated but Turkish are. On other hand if Pak is able to get 13 +2 optional AH1Z along with upgrades for AH1Fs these measures may compensate for time being till deliveries of T129 are started.

Huawei has once again proved that it is impossible to hand over its own destiny to others. Whatever the final choice of Pakistan, remember that if there is no stable supply, then it will end up being a pile of scrap iron.

Huawei has once again proved that it is impossible to hand over its own destiny to others. Whatever the final choice of Pakistan, remember that if there is no stable supply, then it will end up being a pile of scrap iron.
It is such a pity the Z10 did not come upto expectations during its trials in Pakistan. We hope and pray that it progresses smoothly.
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom