What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Can you clarify? How many ATGMs can be loaded up on each side in Anti tank profile?
Theoretically, four ATGM launchers can be installed, according to the maximum carrying capacity and wing openness.

LHTEC isn't just the US, the UK is involved too.

I think we've made some OK traction in the UK via the AW139s (AgustaWestland), Selex Seaspray AESA radars and the Kelvin Hughes SharpEye. It's not big stuff, but the cumulative value is approaching $500 m. We can push the value up further if we source Selex radars for the MILGEM and Damen OPVs.

On top of that, the UK also revived the MoU (for defence purchases et. al) and we have some OK soft credibility across the board with the government and armed forces. So we can work with Rolls-Royce for the MRO site.

But let's say we're a no-body; in that case, the UK can't screw it up for Turkey. It has big multi-billion dollar opportunities at-stake in Turkey, esp. related to the TFX. It'd make zero sense to jeopardize the T129 sale when Rolls-Royce can be a direct beneficiary by selling a MRO site to PAC as well.

PNS Himmat has Kelvin Hughes Command & Control consoles (seen it when I visited PNS Himmat) and AFAIK, other Azmat class ships has also Kelvin hughes C&C consoles

LHTEC isn't just the US, the UK is involved too.

I think we've made some OK traction in the UK via the AW139s (AgustaWestland), Selex Seaspray AESA radars and the Kelvin Hughes SharpEye. It's not big stuff, but the cumulative value is approaching $500 m. We can push the value up further if we source Selex radars for the MILGEM and Damen OPVs.

On top of that, the UK also revived the MoU (for defence purchases et. al) and we have some OK soft credibility across the board with the government and armed forces. So we can work with Rolls-Royce for the MRO site.

But let's say we're a no-body; in that case, the UK can't screw it up for Turkey. It has big multi-billion dollar opportunities at-stake in Turkey, esp. related to the TFX. It'd make zero sense to jeopardize the T129 sale when Rolls-Royce can be a direct beneficiary by selling a MRO site to PAC as well.

Turkey is a regional MRO hub for CTS800 engine. Turkey's potential for buying more CTS800 engine is greater than that of Pakistan.

Turkey;​
  • already has a platform which they are marketing with CTS800 engine, T-129.
  • has ambitions on developing helicopters with CTS800 as its chosen power plant.
  • is developing her own version of the CTS800 engine (almost exact copy).

Turkey alone has requirement for over 100 CTS800 engines, so it makes sense to invest in Turkey.

Turkey is a regional MRO hub for CTS800 engine. Turkey's potential for buying more CTS800 engine is greater than that of Pakistan.

Turkey;​
  • already has a platform which they are marketing with CTS800 engine, T-129.
  • has ambitions on developing helicopters with CTS800 as its chosen power plant.
  • is developing her own version of the CTS800 engine (almost exact copy).
Turkey alone has requirement for over 100 CTS800 engines, so it makes sense to invest in Turkey.
That's true, but the Pak Army just wants d-level MRO. I think their idea is that the T129 fleet will gradually be built-up over the next several decades so it makes sense to localize as much support as possible.

That said, d-level MRO just means being able to open the engine up. The actual parts still have to come from somewhere, and I think TEI will be the main supplier.

Looks like Erdogan himself is going to announce the sale of 30 T-129 Attack helicopters to Pakistan in a couple of days.
Mr. Turan Oghuz said the deal has already been signed, it just needs to be announced now.

That's true, but the Pak Army just wants d-level MRO. I think their idea is that the T129 fleet will gradually be built-up over the next several decades so it makes sense to localize as much support as possible.

That said, d-level MRO just means being able to open the engine up. The actual parts still have to come from somewhere, and I think TEI will be the main supplier.
How long before the Turkish engine you think?
It would make things much easier.

Mr. Turan Oghuz said the deal has already been signed, it just needs to be announced now.

In that case I don't think it'll be an issue...

PM of Pakistan has arrived in Turkey to attend OIC meeting

Turkey, Pakistan sign $1.5 billion deal for 30 ATAK helicopters

Last Updated On 18 May,2018 04:16 pm
440138_91923207.jpg

The deal is Turkey's biggest defense export in history.
(Web Desk) - Turkey will export 30 ATAK helicopters to Pakistan after both the countries signed a $1.5 billion deal, reported Yeni Safak.

The deal is Turkey’s biggest defense export in history. According to Turkey’s Undersecretary for Defense Industries Ismail Demir, the deal would be officially announced next week.

In November 2017, Pakistan’s defense minister said that 90 percent of the sales period of the 30 ATAK helicopters and four warships was completed, and that the payment options were being worked on.

Turkish and Pakistani heads of state are expected to officially sign the deal at a ceremony.

As per the news report, the “T129 ATAK" Multirole Combat Helicopter has been optimized for specific hot & high performance requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces.

The tandem seat, twin-engine, NATO-interoperable attack helicopter is optimized for attack, armed reconnaissance, and precision strike and deep strike missions at day and night in all environments and regardless of weather conditions.

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/440138-Turkey-Pakistan-sign-deal-ATAK-helicopters

so finally its truth ?

if iits true when we can see first pakitani t129?

Back
Top Bottom