What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

iLCUsb4.gif

Reports are that Z-10 returned to Pakistan after few improvements. Now reports suggest they may have been used along Baluchistan Afghanistan Border to send some gifts to ISIS dumbos
Zarvan, Z10 deal is dead for now and for coming few years.

Z10 not only had engine issues, but its canon was prone to getting jammed, and on couple of occasions the missile didnt fired after command given.

So engine and the gun were major problems which couldnt be resolved in time and army went with T129s.

So T129s, Mi35s and Zulus are the future fleet assets.

Zarvan, Z10 deal is dead for now and for coming few years.

Z10 not only had engine issues, but its canon was prone to getting jammed, and on couple of occasions the missile didnt fired after command given.

So engine and the gun were major problems which couldnt be resolved in time and army went with T129s.

So T129s, Mi35s and Zulus are the future fleet assets.
Yes Z-10 had issues and early last year we returned them but few months back they came back I don't know with what improvements but they came back my guess is they most likely came up with new engine the WZ-15. What I know is right now Z-10 is being tested in real situations. Even I am confused about How many helicopters we are going for and failing to understand Army leadership mindset but Z-10 is again under going testing.

Yes Z-10 had issues and early last year we returned them but few months back they came back I don't know with what improvements but they came back my guess is they most likely came up with new engine the WZ-15. What I know is right now Z-10 is being tested in real situations. Even I am confused about How many helicopters we are going for and failing to understand Army leadership mindset but Z-10 is again under going testing.
Someone claimed they didn't leave in first place. WZ-15? are you sure? they just went to China, changed the engine and came back flying like nothing happened? I don't think you understand how change of engines work. It's not some Pakistani Mistry (mechanic) who just changes a car engine overnight.

Well for now its dead, totally dead. T129 final, they r coming, just shared a pic of 1 which is in Pakistan.

Z10 returned and no deal.

So far there has been a news blackout about the Zulus, I assume they are on track to be delivered as per the T&Cs of the contract and license of approval by the US. However, I have not read any news on how these birds were selected by the army, when and where these birds tested like the Z10s and the T129?

So far there has been a news blackout about the Zulus, I assume they are on track to be delivered as per the T&Cs of the contract and license of approval by the US. However, I have not read any news on how these birds were selected by the army, when and where these birds tested like the Z10s and the T129?
They weren't tested in Pakistan. We just bought it keeping in view Cobras legacy in PAA, its use by USMC in Afghanistan as its battle proven

Someone claimed they didn't leave in first place. WZ-15? are you sure? they just went to China, changed the engine and came back flying like nothing happened? I don't think you understand how change of engines work. It's not some Pakistani Mistry (mechanic) who just changes a car engine overnight.
That is my guess may be you are right but what I have heard is they were returned but after few months Z-10 was back. Even I am confused if T-129 is coming and order already placed what is the point of having Z-10 being tested. It could be for China also. May China wants its helicopter to pass the tests in worst conditions and we offer those conditions. From most hot temperature on face of the earth to an enemy which often needs gift from these helicopters. If they pass our tests it could help them sell to other countries if not Pakistan

Pakistan's defense minister Rana Tanvir Hussain said , Pakistan's planning to buy 4 Milgem Corvette and 30 Atak Helicopter, also Turkey evaluate to purchase of JF-17 fighter jets, that AA review. So behind closed doors very serious collaborations could be on desk.

https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/turkiye/pa...helikopteri-ve-gemisi-almayi-planliyor/979523
It could be a very sane decision IMO to replace aging Talons (or CF-5)with JFT B
What do you lot think? As the fate of F-35 seems a bit dull atm

It could be a very sane decision IMO to replace aging Talons (or CF-5)with JFT B
What do you lot think? As the fate of F-35 seems a bit dull atm
Israel lobby works well but Turkey will take its own F35s. Turkey's hand is not empty.

But Turkey has to create a new plan. At present, TAF's logistics is almost entirely dependent on the US . This situation starting to damage national interests.

There's a 10-year calendar for TX and light attack jet. FX's calendar minumum 5 years more . There is a need for a stop-gap solution and an action to initiate the change in air forces.

As Pakistan's defense minister said, JF-17 can take interest from Turkey. Because we have a chance to advance our own avionics over Pakistan' jet without any restrictions.

If i returned to the subject of T129-P, this helicopter program a very important step for the integration of aviation Pakistan and Turkey. It has the potential to create many opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom