What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

@Oscar in my opinion ... the uniforms here were way better than the weird single shirt piece they have going now for these kinds of interactions.
Nope these uniforms don't look good at all, the single shirt version is better. Matter of opinion.

And btw it's nice to have all this milligemi and vls discussion in army forum.

what impress me about trukish deference industry is the 90% exports increase during last 7 years

From BVR to high altitude air defenses, from satellite launch vehicles to domestic gps system, the MILDEN submarine program to the TFX project, there are many projects that are wait to be revealed. There is a great mobilization and 90% of Turkish people support these policies. The Turkish defense industry is in the second phase in terms of the localization of subsystems. I mean, it's just the beginning.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1526268001510.jpg

The Atak deal to be signed will include joint production and ToT. I think Pakistan will produce sections for costumers as well. The complex deals like that is actually choice of Pakistani roadway for attack helicopters. The infrastructure to be established will be used for next deals and Pakistan selected Turkish attack helicopter roadway to replace Cobra’s against US and Chinese products. This selection will be certainly proceeded with Atak-2 helicopters with joint production...

Great news cabatli_53 brother thanks so much for sharing cheers !!

So these TAI T-129 will be made in Pakistan after TOT?? and after getting 30 from Turkey Pakistan can build more locally???

50 million a piece with technology transfer , acceptable. If its Turkish made engine. Otherwise 3rd party license to import is unfair deal.

It is with turkish engine as per @dBSPL

So these TAI T-129 will be made in Pakistan after TOT?? and after getting 30 from Turkey Pakistan can build more locally???

Yes to both questions.

Any word on the time frame?

Turkish orders are yet to be fulfilled. But if Turkish engines are confirmed for Pakistan, that would make sense, since it'll take a few years anyway.

Any word on the time frame?

Turkish orders are yet to be fulfilled. But if Turkish engines are confirmed for Pakistan, that would make sense, since it'll take a few years anyway.

Turkish engines would take years, we are talking minimum 2023...

Turkish engines would take years, we are talking minimum 2023...
True. Just hypothesizing since some are sure Pak will get them.
It's unlikely imo. Testing and everything takes time.

Unless it's a localised euro product.

True. Just hypothesizing since some are sure Pak will get them.
It's unlikely imo. Testing and everything takes time.

Unless it's a localised euro product.

Yeah, but you're not the only one. Here's official statement by TEI the developer of turboshaft engine. Just so everyone gets the idea, Turkish engine is a no go for T-129 ATAK-I. Maybe for ATAK-II it'll be available, but even then I don't see first prototype airframes of ATAK-II using Turkish engines. My timeframe was way off too btw, 8 year development period so 2025 should be current deadline on development, like you mentioned certification period for platforms take time too..

For several projects that have been recently launched by Turkey and are still underway including Original Light Utility Helicopter, ATAK Helicopter and Turkish Utility Helicopter, thrust systems are procured from foreign sources. The Turboshaft Engine Development Project (TEDP) aims to decrease this dependence on foreign sources while enabling domestic production of the engine systems, which constitute one of the most important components of these projects, and increasing the percentage of indigenous production in these projects. In this context,Turboshaft Engine Development Project has officially iniated on 07 February 2017.

The project will be carried out under the leadership of Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (UDI) Sub-Systems Department, under which design, development and testing infrastructure for as turbine engines will be generated in our country on one hand, and the 1400 shp original and national engine with the applicable type certificate will be developed by TEI in order to be integrated into the Original Helicopter, on the other hand.

Turboshaft Engine Development Project will be carried out for 8 years by a team of approximately 250 engineers all of whom are TEI employees serving at TEI's Engineering Offices in Eskisehir, Ankara and Istanbul.

Any future derivatives of the engine may be utilized to power the national platforms such as ATAK and HURKUS. Moreover; core technology of the engine will form the basis for the engine needed for "National Training/Fighter Aircraft - T/FX", and it will be possible to develop the national aircraft engine when needed, upon any necessary technological additions to the capabilities gained under Turboshaft Engine Development Project .

https://www.tei.com.tr/detay/turboshaft-engine-development-project

I would also like to add that it is very possible that Turkey is emphasizing development of such engines so that engine supplying countries 'industry politics' are more hesitant on Turkey acquiring technology to develop engines, so less likely to embargo sales of engines to third party countries.

Turkey also has an ambition to develop an indigenous high-output turboshaft engine, and LHTEC has already held discussions with the nation's SSM defence industries under-secretariat about its potential involvement, says Thraen.

“The national engine project is very interesting to us and we definitely have an interest in getting involved in that and supporting it in some way,” he added.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/lhtec-aims-for-turkish-assembly-of-cts800-engine-425330/

If you have the technology and the knowledge, more countries respect you in that sphere and want to cooperate just so they still have their fingers in the pie.

Development of avionics and weapon control systems of T-129, this 'steel bird' could be used to integrate Pakistani weapons. Notice in the background left, helicopter self protection suite incl RWR and RJ which will be available on more advanced 3rd batch of T-129 helicopters
guzelik.jpg

Back
Top Bottom