What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

because guys in PN still are not aware of importance of a good air defense for ships.
Air Defense ships are useless no ship can stop barge of Cruise Missiles. The moment let say India fires 5 Cruise Missile towards our ships or cities even we have Air Defense ships in place more than half Cruise Missiles will hit targets @Muhammad Omar

Thanks Brother for your Regards, I can understand why its taking so much time because engine issue i guess or ma be the TOT.

Can any Turkish bro translate it !
from 06:30 :

-There are some general trends in the world, one of which is the habits of importer countries in defense industry. It's hard to break these habits. That is why you have to prove both the technological level of your products and share the results in real battle conditions on the scene.

-After these two issues comes the issue of financal backrounds. Those who come to see our facilities, examine and test the systems and see the capabilities of the TAF are persuasive. Our approach to our friendly and brotherly countries is also moving in a very different atmosphere. In this direction, both the Atak helicopter system and the frigate sales to Pakistan, experiencing significant developments. Insallah, we will hear news about the Atak helicopter deal next week if there is no setback. Also we have come to an important step with some Gulf countries. We hope to have nice news there over the next few months.

Why aren't we getting the one with VLS??
Both two ships are quite seafarers. The two main differences between the two ships are Endurance (7 days) and ESSM capability. Turkey's essm alternative not ready yet.

i think , two possibilities are possible 1. Pakistan regards increasing the ASW and AD capability with this ship as a primary objective. 2- more unlikely, that there may be a problem with ESSM intake. Would other issue be certified for Pakistan's domestic guided missiles with the MK41 system? and is it possible for the US to approve Chinese ammunition?

But if you ask me, the real reason is, Milgem-Ada a proven platform and all problems from prototype phase to serial production are solved. Milgem-I has not come to the water yet.

Hull 3 and 4 will be built in Karachi. So Pakistan will be a direct part of the Milgem program. Hence, Pakistan shipyards may provide modifications on the same infrastructure. One of them could be a new VLS standart under Pakistan-China or Turko-Pakistan collobration.Both Pakistan and Turkey needs to modernize its fleet to nearly of 2035. For this reason, there are many potential cooperation areas.

Last edited:
After Milgem deal signed, Turkey should strongly introduce TF-2000 AAW destroyer program to Pakistan for joint-production of hull and sensors. That is a huge strategic program requiring multi-national partners shaking hands to reach a common goal with reducing the risks and As far as I know Pakistan Navy has also such a requirement like Turkey.

From EFES 2018 Exercise, MILGEM Corvette and all 4 T-129 firing their UMTAS missiles
Guzelik129.jpg

Not related, but I thought it was interesting on the topic of Turkish-Pakistani defence relations.

In 1982 Pakistan were the first visitors to Aselsans facilities;
31016761_462919864165460_8730872685392822272_n.jpg
@Oscar in my opinion ... the uniforms here were way better than the weird single shirt piece they have going now for these kinds of interactions.

from 06:30 :

-There are some general trends in the world, one of which is the habits of importer countries in defense industry. It's hard to break these habits. That is why you have to prove both the technological level of your products and share the results in real battle conditions on the scene.

-After these two issues comes the issue of financal backrounds. Those who come to see our facilities, examine and test the systems and see the capabilities of the TAF are persuasive. Our approach to our friendly and brotherly countries is also moving in a very different atmosphere. In this direction, both the Atak helicopter system and the frigate sales to Pakistan, experiencing significant developments. Insallah, we will hear news about the Atak helicopter deal next week if there is no setback. Also we have come to an important step with some Gulf countries. We hope to have nice news there over the next few months.

Both two ships are quite seafarers. The two main differences between the two ships are Endurance (7 days) and ESSM capability. Turkey's essm alternative not ready yet.

i think , two possibilities are possible 1. Pakistan regards increasing the ASW and AD capability with this ship as a primary objective. 2- more unlikely, that there may be a problem with ESSM intake. Would other issue be certified for Pakistan's domestic guided missiles with the MK41 system? and is it possible for the US to approve Chinese ammunition?

But if you ask me, the real reason is, Milgem-Ada a proven platform and all problems from prototype phase to serial production are solved. Milgem-I has not come to the water yet.

Hull 3 and 4 will be built in Karachi. So Pakistan will be a direct part of the Milgem program. Hence, Pakistan shipyards may provide modifications on the same infrastructure. One of them could be a new VLS standart under Pakistan-China or Turko-Pakistan collobration.Both Pakistan and Turkey needs to modernize its fleet to nearly of 2035. For this reason, there are many potential cooperation areas.

That is some very significant news. I think you're hinting at:

1. The undisclosed SAM program Pakistan has
2. Qatar will get military protection by Turkey
3. Pakistani AShM on the Ada purchase
4. Atak good news

The Atak deal to be signed will include joint production and ToT. I think Pakistan will produce sections for costumers as well. The complex deals like that is actually choice of Pakistani roadway for attack helicopters. The infrastructure to be established will be used for next deals and Pakistan selected Turkish attack helicopter roadway to replace Cobra’s against US and Chinese products. This selection will be certainly proceeded with Atak-2 helicopters with joint production...

what impress me about trukish deference industry is the 90% exports increase during last 7 years

Back
Top Bottom