What's new

Pakistan Army's Sikh officer has a 'Celebrity Status'.

Well good to see that..... But I don't wish to discourage the practice of tokenism....

There is no law baring him to get top post in Army. But i will reserve my counter troll post over Sikhs in India to keep the thread on topic.
Really? I've heard very different. I've been told in the past that the COAS, Prime Minister, President and other senior government posts are for Muslims only.

Really? I've heard very different. I've been told in the past that the COAS, Prime Minister, President and other senior government posts are for Muslims only.
thats only for PM and President as far as i know, if he is fit enough to give a beating ti India, no one sees any harm in making him COAS

As per constitution it's only President.

Saaleyo decide taan kar lo pehla:sarcastic:

It's only for the President and PM (which shouldn't be there in my opinion) otherwise Justice Cornellius, Dorab Patel and Bhagwandas wouldn't have become CJ of the Supreme Court nor Maj.Gens Noal Israrel Khokhar or Julian Peters wouldn't have been responsible for the security of millions do Pakistanis when they commanded divisions of the PA.

It's only for the President and PM (which shouldn't be there in my opinion) otherwise Justice Cornellius, Dorab Patel and Bhagwandas wouldn't have become CJ of the Supreme Court nor Maj.Gens Noal Israrel Khokhar or Julian Peters wouldn't have been responsible for the security of millions do Pakistanis when they commanded divisions of the PA.
actually it should be, IF you believe that Pakistan is an Islamic state, if you dont then your are entitled to your own opinions

I was giving my opinion and I think it is a perfectly valid point to make which no one seems to have been able to address. This "poster boy" is being used to silence such discussions on Pakistan's treatment of minorities.

You should ask this question to those IAF officers who were shot down by PAF christian pilots in 65 and 71 wars. They would be in the best position to answer such questions.

You should ask this question to those IAF officers who were shot down by PAF christian pilots in 65 and 71 wars. They would be in the best position to answer such questions.
Not to mention Maj Gen Akhtar Hussain Malik who initially directed Operation Grand Slam in 1965

I really really didn't want to hijack the thread but since some posters are openly claiming that his presence is not merely tokenism and that they are proud of officers from "minorities", then can someone tell me why Ahmadi officers are not permitted to go above the rank of brigadier since 1984?

Are they not capable enough? Because that shows they were capable before 1984 but suddenly aren't anymore.

There are thousands and thousands of Ahmadis in Pak Army, yet Heaven forbid their sacrifices are ever mentioned on any national T.V or newspaper. We don't want to offend the emo Mullahs now do we?

I really really didn't want to hijack the thread but since some posters are openly claiming that his presence is not merely tokenism and that they are proud of officers from "minorities", then can someone tell me why Ahmadi officers are not permitted to go above the rank of brigadier since 1984?

Are they not capable enough? Because that shows they were capable before 1984 but suddenly aren't anymore.

There are thousands and thousands of Ahmadis in Pak Army, yet Heaven forbid their sacrifices are ever mentioned on any national T.V or newspaper. We don't want to offend the emo Mullahs now do we?
maybe beucase we are afraid that they might turn against us becuase we declared them non Muslims?

Those efforts never fruitified as you lost both the wars & half of your country,

Back
Top Bottom