What's new

Pakistan Army soldier inadvertently crossed LoC; Indian Army killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has really wandered to Indian side, you can trust Indian Army to return him back.

Indian army killed him despite contact by Pakistani authorities and information well in time.

He fired at the Indian post and immediately got banged . He should have never crossed the sensitive border

With the animosity of 65 years....... There are people in both side of the boarder who wont allow things to calm down....

They are not just on the border - political will, it seems, cannot be exercised and institutions that should know their place can appeal sentiment, with the conscious or unwitting, assistance of the media.

Do you think it's unfair to say that some parties simply will not allow things to calm down between Pakistan and India ?

I dont think this was deliberate. The soldier crossed over inadvertently, but also started firing, injured 2 Indians. He got killed.

I think its a case of mistaken identity. Either he did not surrender, or the Indian Army mistook him for a terrorist crossing over and started shooting first.

There are instances when people have crossed over to India mistakenly and been arrested and repatriated.

EDIT: One of the news reports states that the Pakistani soldier was carrying an AK-47. The Indian soldiers probably started firing because he was carrying a weapon, most likely thinking it to be a terrorist.

As i said, seems to be a victim of circumstances, not a deliberate attempt.

Gosh it really pisses me off why we let the indian chopper and its two officers which inadvertently crossed our border about a year back...these kameenas dont deserve any goodwill gesture...

Should have shot that chopper down. It was a blunder all in name of Aman ki Asha. These guys don't deserve such type of gestures.

unfortunate but he should not have fired at indian soldiers rather he could have surrendered!!!

They are not just on the border - political will, it seems, cannot be exercised and institutions that should know their place can appeal sentiment, with the conscious or unwitting, assistance of the media.

Media has always played its part, part propaganda part geniune concern, hope better sense prevails and things improve.

The only issue is non of the two countries have any major stake in other countries, reading the proposal of operating nuclear plants jointly does seem like a good idea.

Trade can also work out but the volume is too meager to make any impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom