What's new

Pakistan Army Question Thread

I have a question: I was watching this video from JC on Topgear where he races a range rover against a Challenger 2 tank, and the gunner said: "We use many different kind of rounds, armor piercing, also Uranium rounds", what the hell on earth are Uranium rounds???

Can anyone with the information on them please shed some light on it? What is their purpose?:confused:

These are rounds made of uranium with a coating. Inside is the Depleted Uranium, it is used as an armor piercing round. An then the uranium screw the crew of the tank when it breaches it's armor.

here read this:
Depleted uranium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

my question is :angel:

If someone wants to be a General "sword of honour" is necessary?? :pop:

my question is :angel:

If someone wants to be a General "sword of honour" is necessary?? :pop:

No.
The criterion for the selection of best in PMA is a bit different than the process adopted after the commission. Though both the processes aim at one thing-taking out the perfect soldier, but still the mechanics is different, so it is not necessary that to become a general you got to have Sword of Honor, but it is widely believed and as known that a cadet who has earned the Sword would become a general provided he works with the same zeal and others who don't have the Sword can also reach the Top Brass with their hard work and dedication.

Army provides you with a very vast and leveled playing ground!

Musharraf did not get the sword of honor (he claims this was due to bad luck) but he was a sword carrier.

No.
The criterion for the selection of best in PMA is a bit different than the process adopted after the commission. Though both the processes aim at one thing-taking out the perfect soldier, but still the mechanics is different, so it is not necessary that to become a general you got to have Sword of Honor, but it is widely believed and as known that a cadet who has earned the Sword would become a general provided he works with the same zeal and others who don't have the Sword can also reach the Top Brass with their hard work and dedication.

Army provides you with a very vast and leveled playing ground!

I hope so but I know of cases where superior officers were "side-lined"

many sword of honor receivers have not made it past formation commander so in that sense you are correct.:enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so but I know of cases where superior officers were "side-lined"

many sword of honor receivers have not made it past formation commander so in that sense you are correct.:enjoy:

You are right, but do you think there is anything above the post of a formation commander?? Oh the COAS, yes there is only one COAS and every course has a Swordie, so sudden death comes to play there.:cool:

You are right, but do you think there is anything above the post of a formation commander?? Oh the COAS, yes there is only one COAS and every course has a Swordie, so sudden death comes to play there.:cool:

ok, the use of formation commander was incorrect - depends on what one is trying to say - many swordie's (as u say) have not gone past the rank of Brig or Lt.Col.

ok, the use of formation commander was incorrect - depends on what one is trying to say - many swordie's (as u say) have not gone past the rank of Brig or Lt.Col.

Again you are right, but as i have mentioned earlier the criteria was getting out the best dude in a raining institute is different then what he would face in the real life i.e. after commissioning. If a swordie screws up during his carrier the Army will excuse him just because he was an Ace previously. Everyone starts as a scratch when he leave PMA-atleast that was what was told to us when we passed out.

i have seen many officers who had passed out with the highest PA numbers but had done well afterward. i know a swordie who is much behind it's course mates now, and i also know another officer who passed out in the last tens but has secured position in his basic courses and has performed well as regards to professionalism and now stands at a position where i can say he has become 'fauj ka jawai' (i m sure you would be familiar with this phrase.:P)

hello
wotz 4star and 5star generals and wotz special abt 4 n 5 stars??

GEN. Ashfaq Kiyani is 4star like US GEN David Petreous??

i play command & conquer Generals and when i destoy 75-80% enemy i become 5star general :yahoo::yahoo:

hello
wotz 4star and 5star generals and wotz special abt 4 n 5 stars??

GEN. Ashfaq Kiyani is 4star like US GEN David Petreous??

i play command & conquer Generals and when i destoy 75-80% enemy i become 5star general :yahoo::yahoo:

Read these all you'll be clear on it.

We dont have a 5 star appointment in our military.
It is kinda specific to the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_(United_States)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_of_the_Army_(United_States)

Field Marshal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hey i recently saw the pakistani soldiers on geo operating in swat, and to me they didnt look properly equipped. They didnt seem to have a standard kevlar armour or helmet.

can anyone elaborate on this further?

:sniper:"There is a man behind the gun"

1.American army British + NATO is well equipped but losing the war yyyyyyyyy.

2.we have no equipment of mountain ware fare but we win in 1984 against Indian operation named OPERATION BRASS TACKS + OPERATION MAGTOOT.

3.Hisbollah is also not well equipped against Israeel so called unbeatable forces.

:pakistan:Dont worry we are well equipped by morally and other things who are short in any other army.:agree:

:pakistan:
pakistan ke liya jaan bhi qurbaan ha

you did not win the operation brasstacks/meghdoot...
just to comfort you..pakistan holds a huge 1/3rd of the siachin glacier and that to at an advantageous lower altitude...while poor india has just 2/3rds of the elusive glacier and that too the non-tactical higher regions...

you did not win the operation brasstacks/meghdoot...
just to comfort you..pakistan holds a huge 1/3rd of the siachin glacier and that to at an advantageous lower altitude...while poor india has just 2/3rds of the elusive glacier and that too the non-tactical higher regions...

And that;s why more indian troops are killed daily then Pakistani and that is why they have to spend 3 time that we spend there.

As a summery, one soldier is killed on the Pakistan side every alternative day and 3 soldiers are killed on the indian side on alternative days.

And that;s why more indian troops are killed daily then Pakistani and that is why they have to spend 3 time that we spend there.

As a summery, one soldier is killed on the Pakistan side every alternative day and 3 soldiers are killed on the indian side on alternative days.

we are passionate about high peaks and the leverage they give...
going by your math...1.1 million/1.5 =3666666.66666
so in 7.3*10^6 days..the entire indian army would be wiped out !

we are passionate about high peaks and the leverage they give...
going by your math...1.1 million/1.5 =3666666.66666
so in 7.3*10^6 days..the entire indian army would be wiped out !

That's what i read on wiki once, whatever math you do the facts remains that your expenditure, casualties, toll and commitment of manpower and resources is more as compared to ours.

And i also know that you are 'actually' not happy about Siachen, it's just a matter or pretsige now for both the countries.

That said we are happy with the smaller piece and let you enjoy with the bigger one with bigger and more problems and toll to suffer:)

Back
Top Bottom