What's new

Pakistan Army Question Thread

Frankly I do think that we can learn more from Turkey about the anti-insurgency doctrines, their operations against the Kurds are going fairly well...their tactics are sound.

Let me ask you guys a question. Why does every foreign visit by a pakistani dignitary equate to getting something from them? We have this habit as a nation of expecting help from outside to solve problems which are of our own doing. We should have confidence in our own capabilities to solve our own problems.
WaSalam
Araz

HOUNRABLE araz;sir
why not to expect, from the trips of our COAS( one of the most leading, & influential govt figures), why he is visting then?
just a trip of enjoy!
from the frist day , till now! GILLANI, ZARDARI, & KIYANI, all of them just travlling for what? to solve ENRGY crisis, ATTA crisis, FINANCIAL crisis?
nobody is paying attention , to the problums of pakistan?
i am sure, that in coming year under this govt, we have to pay more taxes for more minister's enjoyment travllings, on other hand, what we will get?
how many of our prblums going to be solved?:disagree::tsk:

its a becomming a big question, how much & how long enough this, govt is willing to spend, on travlling of its (militry+political) leadership.:cry:
does this travlling realy needed here, at the time of worst fiancial crisis!:tsk:

Frankly I do think that we can learn more from Turkey about the anti-insurgency doctrines, their operations against the Kurds are going fairly well...their tactics are sound.
There's room for mutual learning...Pakistan can learn from Turkey in reducing infantry casualties and ground deployment in counter-insurgency...however Turkey has lost aviation assets to PKK and I'm sure PA factored in Stinger or Russian MANPAD issues in their FATA ops.

He will visit PAF during Anatolean Eagle. Besides that they are finishing details of the F16 MLU upgrade contract for PAF.

You guys surely know bout some fields where Pak and Turkey joined... UAV etc? He is there to sign some contracts.

I disagree that people visit without purpose. Politicians always have a reason. In hos position he is more politician then the politicians at the moment. Didn't he visit China first and even before Ghaddari?

He will visit PAF during Anatolean Eagle. Besides that they are finishing details of the F16 MLU upgrade contract for PAF.

You guys surely know bout some fields where Pak and Turkey joined... UAV etc? He is there to sign some contracts.

I disagree that people visit without purpose. Politicians always have a reason. In hos position he is more politician then the politicians at the moment. Didn't he visit China first and even before Ghaddari?

Munir,

I think until it is something like evaluation of equipment etc. that comes up during the visit, usually the Army chief will not sign anything. All of the signing, contracting is done by the Defence Ministry personnel who would make a trip after the Army, Navy and PAF personnel have had technical discussions and have given their go ahead.

The chief talks about overall acquisitions, training etc...the details are left to his staff who in turn submit their recommendations to the Ministry of Defence.

Munir,

I think until it is something like evaluation of equipment etc. that comes up during the visit, usually the Army chief will not sign anything. All of the signing, contracting is done by the Defence Ministry personnel who would make a trip after the Army, Navy and PAF personnel have had technical discussions and have given their go ahead.

The chief talks about overall acquisitions, training etc...the details are left to his staff who in turn submit their recommendations to the Ministry of Defence.

so, that means ball will be in PPP's court fianlly?:tsk::disagree:

what has the army chief got to do with a PAF contract???

Hi guys im a new member to this forum although i have visited this website often. Im in my 3rd year in high school in the u.s. and after long months of thinking i decided i want to join the Pakistani army. I have some questions:

1.i wanted to know the selection course of the Pakistani army even though i have seen the requirements

2.and if u get selected to take the long course at Kakul for 2 years do you have any breaks to visit your family?

3.i have a 72 percent overall average in my grades right now; does that pass the standards to get it?

4. I am a u.s. citizen right now but i was born in Pakistan so will that affect me from getting in.

5. Also even though money does not matter to me much if im serving my nation but how much does a army person get paid [according to their ranks]

6. Last Question: When your in the army when do u get to see your family?

Sorry if they are too much but i would really like to know, since this choice will change my life .:pakistan:

1.i wanted to know the selection course of the Pakistani army even though i have seen the requirements

Candidates need to go through ISSB first and then they have to wait for the results. Even if they pass ISSB, they have to wait for an invitation letter from GHQ inviting them to join PMA on dates given.

For ISSB, there should be no coaching as if they come to know, they will simply drop you out. ISSB aims to select candidates who are having "natural leadership qualities".

You can consult some books to go through IQ tests, group taskes, group discussions, physical tasks etc.

For more information please visit ::ISSB PakistaN::

2.and if u get selected to take the long course at Kakul for 2 years do you have any breaks to visit your family?

Yes, you do get breaks but in first term (6 months) you need to pass "saluting test" to get your first break.

3.i have a 72 percent overall average in my grades right now; does that pass the standards to get it?

Yes, that do.

4. I am a u.s. citizen right now but i was born in Pakistan so will that affect me from getting in.

No, that will not effect your selection but if you get selected then before joining PMA you are required to surrender your US citizenship.

5. Also even though money does not matter to me much if im serving my nation but how much does a army person get paid [according to their ranks]

Once you are an officer, you get free accommodation and medical along with other benefits. I am not sure about the salaries but they are good enough to give you respected life style.

6. Last Question: When your in the army when do u get to see your family?

It depends upon where you are and where your family is. If your family is living with you, you can see them every day :woot:. But if you get posted to Siachin or other hard area, then you can't take them with you so you see them once you get break.

Respected members please correct me if I have not updated any information and you are well aware of that. Thanks

COAS returns from Turkey, Saudi ArabiaRAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Kayani returned on Monday from an official visit to Turkey and Saudi Arabia. During his visit, the COAS met senior political and military leaders. He also visited military institutions in both countries. On arrival, Kayani was eceived by the Chief of General Staff ieutenant General Mohammad Mustafa Khan, Rawalpindi orps Commander Lieutenant General Tahir Mahmood and other senior military officials. staff report

may be there is a deal of new mbt alkhalid 2 we heared it that turkey is eager to build a new mbt for its armed force.

Pakistan Army effectively responding to different challenges confronted by nation: Gen. Kayani

ISLAMABAD, Nov 13 (APP): Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Thursday said that Pakistan Army is effectively responding to a difficult and different challenges confronting the nation.

“I have no doubt in the will and resilience of our nation. We will Inshallah prevail. This is our national effort and we will inshallah succeed”, he said while addressing the Annual Parents Day at Military College Jhelum (MCJ).

General Kayani said besides imparting education to children, MCJ has contributed towards national integration. Cutting across the whole spectrum of national fiber, it brings together children from different socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds and binds them forever in a lasting fraternity.

“Its good to be successful but it is more important to be successful with grace”, he said.

General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani also gave away prizes to cadets who had displayed outstanding performance during course of studies.

A large number of parents and relatives of the cadets also attended the function.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom