What's new

Pakistan Army Question Thread

Salamz
Can any body plz tell me the maximum night vision range usually mounted upon tanks & related http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/2GUNS.gifarmoured vehicles

Key is right. Not easily disclosed type of information. Also "Usually" is a tricky way to put it. Depends on whose Night Vision gear is being used and what the capabilities are.

You can get some idea as the Al-Khalid is equipped with day/night sights (night obviously means its "image intensifying NVD"). On those two sights (one for the driver and one for the commander), the magnification is 3x & 10x. Typically 3x sights provide good visibility out to 35 feet (enough for driver). On the 10x, I am not sure about the range. Obviously its more than 35 feet. ;)

One correction! Both 3x and 10x sights are for the gunner. Commander sight is 6x.

Last edited:
Key is right. Not easily disclosed type of information. Also "Usually" is a tricky way to put it. Depends on whose Night Vision gear is being used and what the capabilities are.

You can get some idea as the Al-Khalid is equipped with day/night sights (night obviously means its "image intensifying NVD"). On those two sights (one for the driver and one for the commander), the magnification is 3x & 10x. Typically 3x sights provide good visibility out to 35 feet (enough for driver). On the 10x, I am not sure about the range. Obviously its more than 35 feet. ;)

effective range upto 1000 yds!

Salamz
Can any body plz tell me the maximum night vision range usually mounted upon tanks & related http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/2GUNS.gifarmoured vehicles

Magnification is actually the ratio of focal length of eye piece divided by focal length of the objective lens. 3X means that one will see the object as if it was 3 times nearer. Thus a 10X magnification implies that an object at 1000 meters is seen as if it was only 100 meters away.

This is not all. Actual clarity of vision depends upon diameter of the objective lens; bigger the size more light is gathered by it thus better image. Another important factor is field of view. Generally higher the magnification smaller is the field of view. It is therefore very difficult to define the range per se. Since field of view is generally determined at 1000 meters, it is set as standard. All it means is assuming that diameter of objective lens is equal; a 3X scope will let you see more of the object at 1000 meters compared to a 10X scope. On the other hand a 10X scope will let you see the object far more clearly and in more detail.

Understand amount of light gatherd is the most critical factor in night vision scopes. You will see the outline of the objects far away but wont be able to tell what it is. For all practical purposes, most gun sights are not effective beyond 1000 meters.

I wish I could explain it in better words.

Last edited:
CoAS Gen Ashfaque Kiyani with the Turkish Ambassador and Defence Attache.
http://www.ispr.gov.pk/images/Big Images/4-Nov-2008.jpg

Rawalpindi, November 4: The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, left for Turkey and Saudi Arabia today on an official visit. This is General Kayani’s second official visit abroad and signifies the strong, time tested and all weather relationship with both the brotherly countries. During his visit, the COAS is scheduled to meet the senior Political and Military Leadership of Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
Earlier, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani was seen off at PAF Base Chaklala by His Excellency, Mr Engin Soysal, Ambassador of Turkey, Lieutenant General Mohammad Mustafa Khan, Chief of General Staff, Lieutenant General, Tahir Mahmood, Corps Commander and other senior military officials.

Thats really a good news, i hope we will get Economical and financial help as well along with military co operation.

Thats really a good news, i hope we will get Economical and financial help as well along with military co operation.

its just a routine trip, no thing more, dont expect much!
turkey is more important to us,KSA isnt ready to do anything, as its under uncle sam's control?:tsk:

Let me ask you guys a question. Why does every foreign visit by a pakistani dignitary equate to getting something from them? We have this habit as a nation of expecting help from outside to solve problems which are of our own doing. We should have confidence in our own capabilities to solve our own problems.
WaSalam
Araz

In fact!...we should offer the others guyz some help of our own help eh? Maybe Turkey is interested in some nuclear proliferation:lol::whistle:;)

Let me ask you guys a question. Why does every foreign visit by a pakistani dignitary equate to getting something from them? We have this habit as a nation of expecting help from outside to solve problems which are of our own doing. We should have confidence in our own capabilities to solve our own problems.
WaSalam
Araz

Thanks for stating this. Lets be confident of our selves. The Turks or for that matter anyone would not go into any sort of deals if they do not see anything good coming from our side of the house. The Turks are really interested in the Babur type technology. The experiences of the Pakistani Army in FATA is of great value to the Turks in their campaign against the Kurd militia etc. Nothing personal to anyone, but the "kashkol" mentality has to go. We probably have more to offer militarily (experience, hardware wise) than any other Muslim country (aside from Turkey). There is a need to do the same with the immense talent that exists within the country so we can do the same in other areas of research and development.

Kashkol pheko, Mulk sunwaro ;) :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom