What's new

Pakistan army obtain 3 LAZAR2 Vehicles

@proka89 bro any news about Bangladesh ? there a news that Bangladesh is also going for this vehicle.

Kenya and Bangladesh will be the first recipients of armoured vehicles produced by a new factory in Serbia.

Russian manufacturers provide components for armoured vehicles Serbia plans to produce for its own military as well as for Kenya and Bangladesh.

Kenya to receive Serbian armoured vehicles

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we can continue to work with Serbia. Ideally Russian input would also be great as the two are very big allies.

I also heard that actually Pakistan is together with Serbia financing the hole project. But that is not something that is official, and might be false.But that could also explain the fact that Pakistan ordered the vehicles even before the Lazar 2 was completed. What you see on these pictures is a something between functional model and prototype. Many things will be changed in the future, for example those gas tanks will not be exposed like they are now.....

Also there are already some informations about Lazar 3, wich should be even closer to MRAV concept, without side windows, and with seats that are turned to each other. Similar to Patria AMV.

But dont take all this informations to serious, because they are not official, or confirmed by anyone relevant.

Thanks man for clearing up the rumors, maybe it is false news. Sound funny Pakistan army is buying whole Serbia manufacturing facility and productions

During the HIT/MRAP experiences, why cant Pakistan create own version of Lazar vehicles ?

Finally our army buys an all terrain turtle for our boys.....I was bugging a colonel 2 years back to make a recommendation of doing this very same thing.....I analysed a few Balouch terrorist videos and it showed why our patrols failed against them...they even reaped our guys in the dozens...whole companies lost or captured.....it was because our boys had and still have those Toyota Hilux vehicles for patrolling the highways....that's just insane.....

I recommended that new line of BTR's though this looks more impressive looks wise.....is it free of that infamous spalling issue with the older BTR's.....man I should have made a letter back then...I would have gotten all the credit hehehehehehe

Thanks man for clearing up the rumors, maybe it is false news. Sound funny Pakistan army is buying whole Serbia manufacturing facility and productions

During the HIT/MRAP experiences, why cant Pakistan create own version of Lazar vehicles ?

You dont need production line from Serbia. I am not too familiar with Pakistan defense industry, but for this kind of armored vehicles you can practically adjust civilian trucks production line. But you need license, and projects from Serbia for vehicle, remote controlled stations..... Probably Pakistan army will adjust Lazar 2 according to your needs (weaponry, communication devices...) maybe you are even able to make your own vehicle (i don't know that), but obviously there's a reason why Pakistan is showing interest in Lazar 2 (still untested and unfinished vehicle), and not in off the shelf solutions, for example form Turkey, or some European country.

Of course i am repeating again what i said in post before, are just rumors, but i would say quite realistic ones.

Oi @proka89 - From one brother to another....don't sell any LAZARS to @BDforever ! :fie:

We donated him a few Type 59 MBTs a few years back & the rascal ended up installing a surround sound system in it, alongside leather seats, a mini bar, a small sized jacuzzi, a hotline to the Playboy Mansion & whats more he used the damn gun as a giant fishing rod ! :hitwall:

He'd ruin the product as he ruined the one we gave him ! :unsure:

I hope we can continue to work with Serbia. Ideally Russian input would also be great as the two are very big allies.

The Serbian deputy prime minister and Rogozin confirmed the readiness to sign an agreement on military technical cooperation between the two countries by the end of the year, and this agreement was in the focus during Vučić's recent meeting with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, the daily said.

Aside for the possibility of signing new agreements on further equipment of the Serbian Army, Vučić and Rogozin also conferred on joint appearance of the military industries in third markets.

Vucic, Rogozin at arms expo in St. Petersburg | Vesti | Tanjug

I think its better to give Armored 4*4 to personals living in cities of Pakistan.

i know this.. i just to clear it which LAZAR .. LAZAR 1 or LAZAR 2 ?

Kenya and Bangladesh will be the first recipients of armoured vehicles produced by a new factory in Serbia. It is believed that the two countries will receive the locally developed Lazar BVT mine-resistant, ambush protected vehicle.

Lazar I is Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) while Lazar II is Multi-Role Armored Vehicle (MRAV).

Besides, Lazar I was developed around 2008 while Lazar II's first prototype was unveiled in 2013. Bangladesh ordered Lazar BVT in 2012..

So, probably, it is Lazar I ..

Kenya and Bangladesh will be the first recipients of armoured vehicles produced by a new factory in Serbia. It is believed that the two countries will receive the locally developed Lazar BVT mine-resistant, ambush protected vehicle.

Lazar I is Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) while Lazar II is Multi-Role Armored Vehicle (MRAV).

Besides, Lazar I was developed around 2008 while Lazar II's first prototype was unveiled in 2013. Bangladesh ordered Lazar BVT in 2012..

So, probably, it is Lazar I ..

It was probably about BOV M 10/11. First part of that order is already shipped to Bangladesh, and those are the first armored vehicles builded in Velika Plana.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom