What's new

Pakistan army obtain 3 LAZAR2 Vehicles

Lazar 2 armed with 30mm autocannon should be around 1.2 million of dollars. Patria AMV with 30mm autocannon is close to 3 million of dollars.

Lazar 2 armed with 30mm autocannon should be around 1.2 million of dollars. Patria AMV with 30mm autocannon is close to 3 million of dollars.

thanks for the info, i was thinking exactly same thing about Lazar2 :D

only 3? Pakistan need hundreds of such vehicles, plus attack helis and armed drones.

i think 3 are more than enough. one will go into our ordinance factory. and inshaALLAH you will find hundred, thousands and exportable numbers for vehicle far better than this. don't have to worry, just trust on Pakistani Engineers

Army of Pakistan confirms the purchase of the Serbian-made Lazar II 8x8 armored personnel carrier.

The Pakistan Army is reportedly in the process of acquiring new Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV)’s as a part of its initiative to fight terrorist outfits on Pakistan’s western border. According to reports the army has procured three Serbian LAZAR II AFV’s for evaluation with the possibility of constructing facilities to produce the AFV/APC locally, under license.

Lazar_2_MRAP_multirole_8x8-armoured_vehicle_Yugoimport_Serbia_Serbian_defence_industry_military_technology_003.jpg

The armoured vehicle is a potent weapon especially against irregular and guerrilla forces.

According to reports, the procurement of said mechanized armoured vehicles will be announced officially very soon.

The LAZAR II is an 8x8 APC based on modifications of the concept and the technical solutions of the original LAZAR vehicle. These modifications are carried on with the purpose to further harmonize the basic characteristics of the vehicle with contemporary international defence trends in the development of multi-role armoured wheel-type vehicles.

The concept of the first Lazar vehicle represented a combination of the characteristics of a Mine Resistant Ambush-Protected (MRAP) and MRAV (Multirole Armoured Vehicle) type vehicles, while the LAZAR II is a derivative of the MRAV concept, courtesy of an independent suspension, which allows the platform to be customized for different roles. The concept provides for installation of different types of weapons of varying calibers on the turret depending on the purpose of the vehicle and the mission.

Army of Pakistan confirms purchase of Serbian-made Lazar II 8x8 armored personnel carrier 0208133*-*Army Recognition

PA ordered 3 Lazar-2...these are 8x8 - vehicles

So? Many vehicle are available in both 6x6 and 8x8 versions (e.g. Steyr Pandur, Mowag Piranha, ). Point here is the variations in hull form.

kwy1370849177.jpg

1336748033_8.jpg

68143829.jpg

"Lazar2 is up to three times cheaper than its counterpart from Finland, Patria, and its advantages in price and equipment are proven by the fact that buyers have already been found and that 3 vehicles have been sold to Pakistan,"Vučić said.
Source

Wiki -Source

Aren't there thousands of MRAPs across the border that could be made available in a few short months?

had you read the quoted post then the answers were there for you

training
infrastructure
operating (all in short called setup cost)
clearance/ approval from donating/ selling govt

even getting them for free doesnt help if we dont have fuel, workshops, technicians & spare-parts to fund and spare.
TTP is fighting a war of attrition against Pakistani state, TTP's funding has endless funding from Saudi/ UAE donners but we dont ave such luxury, Arab brothers charge us more interests than WB & IMF.

i think 3 are more than enough. one will go into our ordinance factory. and inshaALLAH you will find hundred, thousands and exportable numbers for vehicle far better than this. don't have to worry, just trust on Pakistani Engineers

you are openly speculating and praising cheating, copying and betraying trust? who would sell anything to see a cheap rip off made out of his original product? the 3 units are for evaluation and possible integration in our military.
Pakistan might enter into a shared manufacturing agreement but it wont be opening up the vehicle without supplier's knowledge and permission. doing such thing would not only earn it permanent ban and hefty financial penalties. I understand that cheating and disregarding copyrights is hard-wired into our society but at international stage it has consequences

What about the tires? they can be punctured easily which will restrict the mobility of the vehicle; I mean What logic is behind having rubber tires?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom