What's new

Pakistan Army - AIR DEFENCE CORPS - Formation, Structure, Weapons

Sahi farmaya aap ne.
Where the Americans are saying they have flown a sixth gen protyped within a year and yet wont disclose it - and the B-21 has yet to break cover - why these expectations from a much smaller nation with a conservative budget against its primary foe to declare everytime someone did something?

If ten years ago F-7PG driver merged with an enemy aircraft, dropped a monocle and shot a missile at 45 degrees off boresight - it would be much more effective if the enemy simply had no idea it could do that.

Where the Americans are saying they have flown a sixth gen protyped within a year and yet wont disclose it - and the B-21 has yet to break cover - why these expectations from a much smaller nation with a conservative budget against its primary foe to declare everytime someone did something?

If ten years ago F-7PG driver merged with an enemy aircraft, dropped a monocle and shot a missile at 45 degrees off boresight - it would be much more effective if the enemy simply had no idea it could do that.
I think the world is expecting the Army to acquire the FD-2000. It's not a question of "if" but "when" and, as important, "how many?" Of the three service arms, the Army could have the easiest time adding the FD-2000 since its the bulk of HiMADS architecture is built on Chinese systems (e.g., LY-80).

However, the PAF and PN are obviously trying to keep their air defence efforts under wraps now. I remember at IDEAS 2018 how Leonardo and MBDA were under tight gag orders by the DGDP. Then in 2019 the CEO of MBDA Italy decided to visit NHQ (and possibly AHQ), around the time the PN inked the MILGEM deals.

To-date we don't exactly know what new gap-filler radar the PAF ordered to replace the MPDR. All we know is that it was a $130 m order for 10 units (which can match with any Western radar). We know Italy sold nearly a $1b of arms to Pakistan, but then we have a weird order to build domes for TPS-77 MRRs.

We literally have no idea what they're up to.

However, I'm sure (as you alluded to) the PAF would prefer leaving the IAF ignorant. Currently, the conceited think the PAF only has older SARH-type Spada 2000s at its disposal. The PAF would rather those people forget about the risk of a longer-ranged ARH-type, much less a long-range SAM (that might be the groundwork for an eventual ABM-type system much later on).

In any case, when the armed forces started building ADGE in the 1980s, it was a hi-tech but otherwise innocuous asset. So the PAF was relatively open about the systems it was inducting and, to an extent, how it was deploying them. However, nowadays, air defence is slipping into a more opaque realm than even the fighter programs (e.g., we'll likely learn more about AZM in the coming years than the HiMADS evolution).

I think the world is expecting the Army to acquire the FD-2000. It's not a question of "if" but "when" and, as important, "how many?" Of the three service arms, the Army could have the easiest time adding the FD-2000 since its the bulk of HiMADS architecture is built on Chinese systems (e.g., LY-80).

However, the PAF and PN are obviously trying to keep their air defence efforts under wraps now. I remember at IDEAS 2018 how Leonardo and MBDA were under tight gag orders by the DGDP. Then in 2019 the CEO of MBDA Italy decided to visit NHQ (and possibly AHQ), around the time the PN inked the MILGEM deals.

To-date we don't exactly know what new gap-filler radar the PAF ordered to replace the MPDR. All we know is that it was a $130 m order for 10 units (which can match with any Western radar). We know Italy sold nearly a $1b of arms to Pakistan, but then we have a weird order to build domes for TPS-77 MRRs.

We literally have no idea what they're up to.

However, I'm sure (as you alluded to) the PAF would prefer leaving the IAF ignorant. Currently, the conceited think the PAF only has older SARH-type Spada 2000s at its disposal. The PAF would rather those people forget about the risk of a longer-ranged ARH-type, much less a long-range SAM (that might be the groundwork for an eventual ABM-type system much later on).

In any case, when the armed forces started building ADGE in the 1980s, it was a hi-tech but otherwise innocuous asset. So the PAF was relatively open about the systems it was inducting and, to an extent, how it was deploying them. However, nowadays, air defence is slipping into a more opaque realm than even the fighter programs (e.g., we'll likely learn more about AZM in the coming years than the HiMADS evolution).
That probably lies more into the aspect of HiMADS being a singular purpose system in their focus and hence less of a puzzle to crack versus a more “complicated “ aircraft.

Its a Radar with a missile which either both have sensors or not. From that point onwards the enemy can focus on the sensors it has to crack.

It would be fairly interesting to note what progress has been made with SHORADs since the endgame against hypersonics is either down to a dense cloud of exploding shrapnel in their path or a concentrated beam of energy at their fuel tank.

Question , Are the IBIS-150s that were acquired along with LY80s , used solely with the LY80 batteries, or were additional IBIS-150s procured for general air surveillance role as well.
Since IBIS-150 is marketed as a General Purpose Surveillance radar , and is also the main radar for Sky Dragon 50 in addition to LY80.

I am not owner of the picture, credits and copyright belong to this link.

C3F277B4-54A2-4F3F-93EA-A828806BD34A.png

Last edited:
Good idea, it would be pretty good with the right optics and a datalink although very inferior to a system like Pantsir.

View attachment 730817
actually Iran has a system like that for years now let me see if a can find it's picture, it could be for sale

this is the prototype with 8 missiles ready to fire

1617572575646.png

this is the final product with 16 missile ready to fire great system for swarm cruise missile attacks

1617572699816.png

This new system seems to have an 360° IIR detector and 16 ready to fire missiles, (potentially booster assisted to protect a larger area) Once the target becomes supersonic or high altitude however, such systems strongly degrade So its foremost for CM and PGM point-protection

Last edited:
it probably is MI-35s as the tweet relates to counter terrorism.

Yeah, would not expect anything big ticket, India-Russia defence trade is still massive and way too important for Russia. I would be happy with ensuruing engine supply and upgraded engines for JF-17 and getting full ToT on this if possible.

Yeah, would not expect anything big ticket, India-Russia defence trade is still massive and way too important for Russia. I would be happy with ensuruing engine supply and upgraded engines for JF-17 and getting full ToT on this if possible.

engine supply is not a threat rather uninterrupted upgraded engines can be talk of the day, ToT seems a big demand.

Another exercise is scheduled at same range according to NOTAM from 10th to 11th April.

Back
Top Bottom