What's new

Pakistan Army - AIR DEFENCE CORPS - Formation, Structure, Weapons

The manual AA guns are still being used but for what purpose?!
theyre not 'manual' as per say. Skyguard comes with a FCR to track and lead targets automatically, alongside this, alot of Pakistans GDFs are upgraded with Rhienmetal's AHEAD ammo which effectively kinda turns each bullet into a little warhead, meaning they are programmed with a time of flight and then explode releasing multiple bearings to engage incoming targets. These are still a highly effective means of point defense against things such as loitering munitions in their terminal stages, low flying aircraft, missiles, etc.

theyre not 'manual' as per say. Skyguard comes with a FCR to track and lead targets automatically, alongside this, alot of Pakistans GDFs are upgraded with Rhienmetal's AHEAD ammo which effectively kinda turns each bullet into a little warhead, meaning they are programmed with a time of flight and then explode releasing multiple bearings to engage incoming targets. These are still a highly effective means of point defense against things such as loitering munitions in their terminal stages, low flying aircraft, missiles, etc.
he was not talking about gdf , there were older manual Chinese 57mm AA guns being used , i think so those 57mm AAs were upgraded with digital controls as well
1617893167089.png

1617893214790.png

he was not talking about gdf , there were older manual Chinese 57mm AA guns being used , i think so those 57mm AAs were upgraded with digital controls as well
View attachment 732099
View attachment 732100

the one in pic is Chinese 37 mm light anti aircraft gun 57mm are single barrel gun which are tied to a radar, all guns can be fired manually as well via radar or electroptic system

Last edited:
im hearing some good news here lets see if it gets conformed :pakistan: :tup: 🇮🇷

Unconfirmed reports indicate Iran, Russia, China, Turkey are competing to win a deal with Pakistan to modernize her Air-Defense network with modern Short-range defense systems.

China already won the long-range deal with FD-2000BP.

im hearing some good news here lets see if it gets conformed :pakistan: :tup: 🇮🇷

Unconfirmed reports indicate Iran, Russia, China, Turkey are competing to win a deal with Pakistan to modernize her Air-Defense network with modern Short-range defense systems.

China already won the long-range deal with FD-2000BP.
phir se short range :cheesy:

Pantsir is out of equation... Russians simply backed off from their contract due to some special reasons...
Do the 'special reasons' have anything to do with indian s400 purchase? Was lavrov visit also in this background?
A Chinese variant of Pantsir is now being considered.
Can you name the chinese variant of pantsir?

Do the 'special reasons' have anything to do with indian s400 purchase? Was lavrov visit also in this background?

Can you name the chinese variant of pantsir?
FK-1000 ( 12 x missiles + 2 x 30/35mm guns )
Sky Dragon 12 ( 12 x missiles )
1617983244037.png

how the Sky Dragon 12 Looks like ,

Last edited:
we have plenty of point defence weapons

what we really need is air defence

but integrating a true air defence network with Air Force will cost billions + training

so I think we stick to point defence

At best I can see more Mi 35 coming and may be armed version of MI 17. Although I would love see Pakistan adopting Russia's future soldier program called RATNIK.
View attachment 731571
Why not Mi28 or Ka52?? Wheeled armoured cars BTR family for tribal areas? I would love 15-26 Su35 with permission to integarde Chinese and Pakistani weapons maritime or deep strike role Buk series medium range SAM system intergeneration

Last edited:
Skyguard radar should also be upgraded/replaced with Rheinmetall X-TAR3D three-dimensional tactical acquisition radar.

Back
Top Bottom