What's new

Pakistan Army - AIR DEFENCE CORPS - Formation, Structure, Weapons

I know for the fact that a team of Pakistani air defense units went to Russia for training on Pantsir wheeled version. They had completed their training and came back, we were waiting up on deliveries. But canceling of the contract is unfortunate (if that has happened).

I know for the fact that a team of Pakistani air defense units went to Russia for training on Pantsir wheeled version. They had completed their training and came back, we were waiting up on deliveries. But canceling of the contract is unfortunate (if that has happened).

If its fact, you should have source.

I know for the fact that a team of Pakistani air defense units went to Russia for training on Pantsir wheeled version. They had completed their training and came back, we were waiting up on deliveries.
Yeah, it did go, an AD unit did train in Russia on Pantsir.... Now they'll be training on the new platform.... If they are selected for the new platform as well....

Last edited:
Why doesn’t Pakistan make its own short range air defence system like turkey made Sungur. We can put anza manpads on mohafiz apc and it will be like turkeys sungur air defence
Good idea, it would be pretty good with the right optics and a datalink although very inferior to a system like Pantsir.

1617493979480.png

Last edited:
You know @PanzerKiel , there are always mysteries left unsaid - I remember back in early 2003 a few months prior to the official flight of the Thunder announced and images coming out, yours truly was a recently into teens-ager and a member of another defense forum back then with the more eager interests.

For serendipitous reasons that resonate throughout my life, I have a relative who was then part of johari idaray and talked to him about the Thunder nearing flying. He said “it has flown” and I questioned saying no it cannot have, they only have the prototype out just now but he said no.. it has flown and Ive seen it with my own eyes. A few months later we saw the first flight but I wondered then whether he was mistaken or the public.

I guess that goes for a lot our procurement.. hai ke nahin janab?

You know @PanzerKiel , there are always mysteries left unsaid - I remember back in early 2003 a few months prior to the official flight of the Thunder announced and images coming out, yours truly was a recently into teens-ager and a member of another defense forum back then with the more eager interests.

For serendipitous reasons that resonate throughout my life, I have a relative who was then part of johari idaray and talked to him about the Thunder nearing flying. He said “it has flown” and I questioned saying no it cannot have, they only have the prototype out just now but he said no.. it has flown and Ive seen it with my own eyes. A few months later we saw the first flight but I wondered then whether he was mistaken or the public.

I guess that goes for a lot our procurement.. hai ke nahin janab?
Sahi farmaya aap ne.

Back
Top Bottom