What's new

Pakistan Army - AIR DEFENCE CORPS - Formation, Structure, Weapons

Yr Integrated Combat Brigades bnao.
Ones which can function as an isolated unit with built-in armor, artillery, air defense and infantry components. The classical Corps-Division system is becoming too functionaly bulky now.
I would rather suggest making the divs independent under a central theatre command.

Is it the AD system that the previous air chief announced?
Also how are we going to use this system. I mean for defence of strategic locations or a bit aggressively to supplement our airforce?
Also what about the pantsir type AD, will it be used a defensive layer for the FD2000 or for our armoured divs.

I can tell you, but then I ought to kill you.... :cheers:

The FD2000/HQ-9 missile ranges are too small to be useful in the Pakistan context as a competitor to the S400 series that India has purchased.

Even "if" Pakistan purchased the HQ-9B ( which i very very much doubt given that Pakistan purchased the HQ-16AE/LY-80 at 40km and not the HQ-16B's at 70km !!!! ) it still does not form a long enough bubble to move Indian AEW&Cs/AWACS from Pakistan's airspace to stop them being useful.

A small improvement for sure, but still small. China is lack in the long range SAM department, though they may learn some lessons from the S400 and incorporate them into subsequent models(will take a few more years ).

As to when China will ever sell a 400km range SAM once they have it, to Pakistan will be "anybody's guess"..

Last edited:
Pantsir is out of equation... Russians simply backed off from their contract due to some special reasons... A Chinese variant of Pantsir is now being considered.

FD2000 is about to arrive though.

China also have copy of Tor system how capable is that compared to Pantsir copy?

Is it the AD system that the previous air chief announced?
Also how are we going to use this system. I mean for defence of strategic locations or a bit aggressively to supplement our airforce?
Also what about the pantsir type AD, will it be used a defensive layer for the FD2000 or for our armoured divs.
Armored and mechanised divisions.
The FD2000/HQ-9 missile ranges are too small to be useful in the Pakistan context as a competitor to the S400 series that India has purchased.

Even "if" Pakistan purchased the HQ-9B ( which i very very much doubt given that Pakistan purchased the HQ-16AE/LY-80 at 40km and not the HQ-16B's at 70km !!!! ) it still does not form a long enough bubble to move Indian AEW&Cs/AWACS from Pakistan's airspace to stop them being useful.

A small improvement for sure, but still small. China is lack in the long range SAM department, though they may learn some lessons from the S400 and incorporate them into subsequent models(will take a few more years ).

As to when China will ever sell a 400km range SAM once they have it, to Pakistan will be "anybody's guess"..
No AD system can survive in isolation.... Its always a mix, variety and overlapping ranges of different ground and aerial platforms which makes an area secure.....

FD2000 is not a response to S400.... If it were a ARM then it could have been..... ARM has also been inducted but is being kept under wraps.... No names, range or platform can be quoted.....

Pantsir is out of equation... Russians simply backed off from their contract due to some special reasons... A Chinese variant of Pantsir is now being considered.

FD2000 is about to arrive though.
Sir are these being bought by Army Air Defence or Air Force Air Defence. Also are these those which former Air Chief told about in his interview to few media guys.

Sir are these being bought by Army Air Defence or Air Force Air Defence. Also are these those which former Air Chief told about in his interview to few media guys.
Army.
There are many such projects in pipeline of all the services at different stages which are not yet being discussed on PDF....

Back
Top Bottom