What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

In all likelihood, jets will not replace the prop-based C-130s, which provide valuable operational capabilities in poorly developed areas, hot and high conditions and against debris. When the time comes to replace the C-130B/E, the PAF will likely look at used C-130J, new LM-100J or whatever new gen prop is available at the C-130's size class. I'd prefer the Antonov An-70.

APP10-10Rawalpindi.jpg

In all likelihood, jets will not replace the prop-based C-130s, which provide valuable operational capabilities in poorly developed areas, hot and high conditions and against debris. When the time comes to replace the C-130B/E, the PAF will likely look at used C-130J, new LM-100J or whatever new gen prop is available at the C-130's size class. I'd prefer the Antonov An-70.

I agree with you it's better to look for An-70 price wise and performance wise similar to C-130J

Presentation of the Antonov AN-70.

Pakistan Airforce C-130 delivered relief assistance for Iran quake victims of Kermanshah to Red Crescent in Tehran. It is worth noting that Iranian Government has accepted humanitarian aid only from Pakistan. https://t.co/s6ctCKoiPr
IMG_20171120_100922.jpeg

I am a fan on Pakistan procurement, particularly by army. But in case of air transport, both AF and Army seem to be lacking in edge. So, most transport happens by land or what? Given the size of land mass, this seems good option also economic maybe. also I dont have figures for land transport equips for pakistan too. Also use of railways.

Here's what I found on Google. Which aircraft is in the foreground? Seems different structure in lower half. Amphibious probably?
images-1-jpg.436784
The one in foreground is world's largest amphibian plane AG600 by China, currently under trials - high speed taxi run already passed on 06th December 2017, if I am not wrong.

Re: PAF C-130 Taking Part in Exercise Mobility Guardian in USAQuote

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 am

Photographed departing from Joint Base Lewis–McChord, USA.

36436130082_f7236bdf55_o.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom